creatine / carnatine / arginine supplements

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
homeslice
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

creatine / carnatine / arginine supplements

Post by homeslice »

hey rpm how r u?
i was wondering what supplements u take, if any.

i will start taking creatine, l-carnatine, powerfull, supercissus rx, (link on those three http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/) anabolic pump, BCAA's and possible omega-3's. i doubt uv'e heard of all of these but if u have could u or anyone tell me the neg effects they might have. the reason i'm taking so much is because i bought them a year ago with my baseball friend and want to use them after they expire, from my research it won't hurt but u never know. after there done i will most likely stop using all supplements.
fictor

Post by fictor »

rpm? Are you thinking of RRM?

Regarding the supplements, creatine is the stupidest thing to take if you do this diet for acne. It makes your whole body retain water.

The other supplements sounds like more or less BS workout-supplements.
I say ditch'em. You do not need them, they will do more harm than good!

Trust me, I used to take more than 10 different supplements at all times, and did so for years, getting no good results from them, what so ever.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

hmm, i'll take that into consideration, does anyone else agree with fictor?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What are you goals? I think you can get all the nutrients you need from the wai diet foods. if you are looking to have more energy in a workout and consume a drink that has stimulants than you will probably get stuff you wont get from food.

For me, I am looking for good health, so I don't take any supplements, because I have access to good food.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

i'm trying to get bigger, i have a skinny bodytype and i've already increased in muscle but i lost alot of it when i started this diet. i'm pretty sure this diet will allow me to get as big as i have planned which would be around 175. i'm at 150 and 160 was my biggest. i just wanted to see if taking supplements like creatine were so bad that i should just completely avoid them.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I concur. It'd be better to take 'good' liquid free amino acids supplements (look at some of the threads about this, RRM explains all about it).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im not taking any supplements, indeed.
Regarding gaining muscles its of utmost importance to manage your energy input and output perfectly. Its not just about building muscles optimally, but at least as much about preventing muscle breakdown maximally. The latter usually fails when you are new on this diet.

With this diet you need to find out how much raw protein your skin can handle without breaking out. That requires experimention.
Most importantly, you need to keep your energy level up all the time, as with every second that your blood sugar is down a bit, protein (possibly from muscles) is broken down for energy. And you dont want that.
This requires experience with this diet. Juices are an excellent tool.

Ive tried various amino acid supplements, but so far i havent found one that really solely contains free amino acids, so that they make me break out.
banksy

Post by banksy »

RRM will 'Force Factor' supplement cause acne?

Apparently it is 'a natural enhancer' and accordingly to an article on the internet "You need not worry about its safety as it is all herbal products comprising useful L-Arginine. Product comprising L-Arginine possesses no side effects. It actively triggers weight loss and enhances your stamina. It boots up strong muscles gain while maintaining your usual weight. It is the first health supplement that along with fit body assures you a very healthy state of mind."

http://www.theonlinehealthguide.com/men ... actor.html

http://www.forcefactor.com/science/force_factor

http://www.forcefactor.com/retail3/imag ... _facts.jpg
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

banksy wrote:will 'Force Factor' supplement cause acne?
The last link says that it contains:
arginine alphaketoglutarate
arginine ketoisokaproate
arginine monohydrate
calcium phosphate
potassium phosphate
citruline monohydrate
magnesium stearate
nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide

Usually it contains some additives as well,
which were not listed.
So, i think it will not cause acne,
but im not sure, as it also depends on the levels (of potassium phosphate, for example).

At present, there is no research published in peer-reviewed journals to support the assertion
that an increase in nitric oxide levels promotes greater muscle protein synthesis or improves muscle strength.
There is also no evidence that the arginine alpha-ketoglutarate in “nitric oxide” supplements have any effect on nitric oxide levels in muscles.

banksy wrote:comprising useful L-Arginine.
Arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, often promoted for body building purposes,
but with pro-oxidative properties.

Arginine is a 'conditionally' non-essential amino acid that is present in our diet,
and is produced inside the human body.
The production of it is relative to the availability in our natural diet;
so that if you eat natural foods,
you will not need any additional arginine.
Only if your diet is very poor (just change that) or due to an illness (just recover) you may lack arginine.
For the synthesis of creatine, methionine more than arginine is the limiting factor.

Foods high in arginine (relative tot total protein):
17.0% hazelnut
15.6% Brazil nuts
14.7% sweet almonds
14.5% walnut
12.5% coconut
8.9% skate / ray
8.7% horse meat
8.3% soft clam
8.0% egg yolk
7.6% oyster
7.4% mussel
7.2% trout
7.1% ox heart
7.0% beef
7.0% chicken
6.7% salmon
6.2% mackerel
5.8% tuna
possesses no side effects.
If you actively elevate the arginine level above the level that your body prefers,
you will bring the natural balance out of wack.
Eventually, this will always have consequences.
Usually it includes a decreased production of that what is supplemented;
hence dependence.

A clinical trial found that patients taking an L-arginine supplement following a heart attack
didn't improve in their vascular tone or their hearts' ability to pump.
In fact, more patients who were taking L-arginine died than those taking a placebo