Muscle-mass, working out, testosterone and acne

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Mr. PC »

so according to the 'shift in water retention' theory, would constantly sipping cooked-meat juice not cause acne?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I never heard of cooked meat juice, but i guess its cooked meat blended to pulp in a juicer?
If you are quite susceptible to acne, yes, it will cause acne.

The "constantly sipping" does not make any difference regarding this.
Thats because you cannot regulate protein levels with this method.
Yes, the blood protein levels may be more constant, but it does not influence the distribution of protein.
Protein is not like glucose; there are very different aspects about protein that does not concern glucose.
Regarding acne, the essential difference is that 'dirty protein' gets a different treatment than 'clean protein';
as it is harder to decompose (due to molecular changes), lots of it only gets decomposed in the very early morning,
as the result of some hormone shifts while you are sleeping.
The result is that lots of 'dirty' protein temporarily ends up in the true skin
(the layer below the outer skin) before it can be decomposed at night (primarily in the liver).
The problem with that is that there are no protein-decomposing enzymes present in the lymphatics in the skin
(unlike other organs), so that whenever you consume 'dirty' protein, this will result in a shift in water balance.
And that will result in retaining more water in the true skin.
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote: The "constantly sipping" does not make any difference regarding this.
But with 'clean' protein it should be better to ingest a little at the time, right? Because this could get used and distributed by the body right away.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote: But with 'clean' protein it should be better to ingest a little at the time, right? Because this could get used and distributed by the body right away.
Yes, but that depends.
Protein for (re)construction purposes usually doesnt get utilized until you are sleeping,
because then the hormonal conditions are perfect for building cells.
And throughout the day, protein is used for energy.
So, if you want to use as much protein for (re)construction as possible,
it may be a good idea to only consume protein for dinner (if you are not physically active after).
If, however, you are susceptible to acne and not physically active in the first part of the day,
and you want to maximize protein intake, then it may be more effective to consume protein for breakfast as well.
Then that protein will just be used to replenish decreased blood amino acid levels (preventing the breakdown of protein to replenish amino acid levels).

So, it really depends.
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote: Protein for (re)construction purposes usually doesnt get utilized until you are sleeping
Is this true? I knew a lot of it (reconstruction) happened during sleep, but cells are reproduced all day, are they not? It is mostly during the noght, but not only during the night, right?
RRM wrote: Then that protein will just be used to replenish decreased blood amino acid levels (preventing the breakdown of protein to replenish amino acid levels).
But amino acids are used for many other purposes as well, in addition to building cells and energy, are they not?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Hmmm, I don't understand how this morning-protein concept works. If you have protein early on than your body will use it as a reserve of energy, so that if your blood-sugar drops you'll not be too bad off?

Or am I totally off here?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:cells are reproduced all day, are they not? It is mostly during the noght, but not only during the night, right?
True.
But amino acids are used for many other purposes as well, in addition to building cells and energy, are they not?
The bulk is for reconstruction and energy.
A small part is for creating neurotransmitters (dopamine etc) or vitamins (B3) etc.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:If you have protein early on than your body will use it as a reserve of energy, so that if your blood-sugar drops you'll not be too bad off?
If you consume protein after your daily activities and work-out,
the greatest percentage is utilized for reconstruction purposes.
If you consume protein before, then much of it will be converted into glucose (whenever the blood sugar drops, indeed),
or fatty acids.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So if I have to work from 2-9, and won't have a chance to consume sugar during that time, would it be a good idea to eat a few egg yolks / sashimi in the morning? Or maybe stuff my face with nuts at 1:30? That way my levels will stay more stable? Any reason not to do that?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So if I have to work from 2-9, and won't have a chance to consume sugar during that time
You always do; there is always a chance to drink something...
You may just claim that you are on the verge of diabetes,
and that you need to keep up your blood sugar level
to prevent that you actually get diabetes...
would it be a good idea to eat a few egg yolks / sashimi in the morning?
No, because due to your lack of sugar in the following hours,
you will be converting all that protein into energy.
Or maybe stuff my face with nuts at 1:30? That way my levels will stay more stable?

Sure, but when you stuff yourself beforehand, you will certainly need both carbs and fats.
Any reason not to do that?
Depends on the nuts you are eating.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

The other day I went to see avatar and I brought my 1.89L carton of OJ in with me. It was the big fancy cineplex where they charge ridiculous prices for food and have people on the lookout for people sneaking their own food in.

I intended to tell them I was diabetic if they said anything, but surprisingly I just walked in without any trouble. I guess when you're that overt and confident people assume you're in the right.
I do often tell people things like "I need to keep my blood sugar stable", which really isn't a lie. For me it's really more about, drinking in front of my students, when they have nothing; I don't like doing that.

My intention for the protein in that question was to use it as energy. I'd probly be using Brazil nuts, but possibly macadamia, walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts. So if I were to stuff my face before teaching, I should have some carbs with it?
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

if i were to finish a workout at 3:30pm and consume protein within a half an hour after and was sipping on juice during that time, keeping my blood sugar up, would the bulk percentage of protein still be converted into glucose?

if this is so... how many hours before going to sleep would be the optimal time frame in which you could digest protein, absorb it and have it mostly utilized for reconstruction?

it seems like quite a balancing act.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

i believe this also raises a question about how much protein you can absorb without breaking out and that being and indicator of how much protein you can use for reconstruction.

if you take in protein and then most of it is converted into glucose, would that still count towards the amount of protein you are able to take in? when it is said that you must find out by experimentation, how much protein you can absorb does that refer to the protein you take in that has not been converted to glucose or does all protein count towards that threshold, despite what that protein is used for?

do you get what i'm asking RRM?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: My intention for the protein in that question was to use it as energy.
Ooooh...
Protein is not a clean source for energy,
as it contains nitrogen, which needs to be converted into mildly toxic ammonium and ureum
and subsequently deported (smelling urine and sweat)
Too much protein can also cause acne...
Fats and sugars are clean sources of energy.
if I were to stuff my face before teaching, I should have some carbs with it?
Fats are a long lasting source of energy.
Carbs are fast, but short lasting.
Together they are perfectly complementary.
For that reason (some nuts are high in fat), macadamia / Brazil nuts
in combination with raisins or other dried fruits are an excellent mix.
Last edited by RRM on Mon 11 Jan 2010 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

martianwarrior wrote:if i were to finish a workout at 3:30pm and consume protein within a half an hour after and was sipping on juice during that time, keeping my blood sugar up, would the bulk percentage of protein still be converted into glucose?
No, thats perfect.
Right after the workout the body tries to take up as much as possible protein into muscle tissue,
for repairing and expansion during the night.
There is a signalling pathway that tells the enzymes not to convert amino acids for energy after a workout (if the blood glucose level is suffice),
and to take up blood-amino acids into muscle tissue.
Just dont be physically active afterwards, so that its best to work out at night.
how many hours before going to sleep would be the optimal time frame in which you could digest protein, absorb it and have it mostly utilized for reconstruction?
Im guessing within 3 hours before you go to sleep.
martianwarrior wrote:i believe this also raises a question about how much protein you can absorb without breaking out and that being and indicator of how much protein you can use for reconstruction.
Hmmm, maybe not, because the level of protein in the blood will rise anyway,
regardless of how effectively protein is utilized.
So that it may be that your muscles could need some extra protein for optimal growth,
whereas the accompanying increase in blood protein already causes acne.
if you take in protein and then most of it is converted into glucose, would that still count towards the amount of protein you are able to take in?
Yes, because acne is caused in a moment; its the peak lymphe/blood protein level that is of essence.
If that peak is too high, that temporary increase in water retention may already cause the birth of a new pimple.
The bulk of amino acid > glucose conversion occurs after that peak.
does that refer to the protein you take in that has not been converted to glucose or does all protein count towards that threshold, despite what that protein is used for?
the latter, as its the peak that counts,
and it doesnt matter what happens with that protein later on.
do you get what i'm asking RRM?
I hope so.