Breaking down quantity and quality

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Breaking down quantity and quality

Post by Jodiat »

According to Bill peral to build mass you need 1/2 gram of protein per pound of lean mass.

Im 6ft tall, weigh 131lbs with 6-7% BF and my lean mass is 115lbs meaning I need 57grams of protein. Which isnt too far of the rda etc.

120g of raw salmon = 25g of protein
1 litre of RAW cultured goats milk (Kefir) = 30g of protein
the rest will come from fresh fruit and a few hand fulls of Brazil nuts.

Kefir does not break me out and the good bacteria is too good to miss.
Im aware I could be getting too much protein (in relation to acne) and I can scale back on the kefir if so.

For a fuel source im looking at fats and fruits.

Fats im fine with are coconut oil, grass fed cows butter, cod liver oil - EVOO and Brazil nuts are new foods for me which I will be testing.

For fruit im looking at any, but mainly kiwis and dried apricots.

So for this diet the rule of combining fruits and fats are crucial for insulin control.

I would like some more information on this Orange juice and olive oil combo that RRM uses...whats the ratio and is it even healthy?

Seems as straches and cooked foods are of the table im still thinking this will end up short on calories...I mean if im on the go, its easy to take fruit but what about fat? I mean taking EVOO with every fruit not too much EVOO? I cant carry butter and coconut oil with me everywhere and im not even sure a buttered kiwi would even taste nice.

What kind of structure do I need to hit my calories and macro nutrients and gain mass AND fit into a lifestyle that dosnt always have fats around to combine with fruits. I need some pointers if anyone has built a decent build - not a bodybuilder bulky build, thats impratical for my functions.
johndela1

Re: Breaking down quantity and quality

Post by johndela1 »

Jodiat wrote: Kefir does not break me out and the good bacteria is too good to miss.
why do you feel you need to ingest this bacteria?
Jodiat wrote: I need some pointers if anyone has built a decent build - not a bodybuilder bulky build, thats impratical for my functions.
Have you ever looked into Olympic lifting (not power lifting). It develops flexibility, strength, quickness, and overall athleticism. It is highly technical so it is challenging. I feel like it is something you practice and get better at (as long as developing strength, etc)

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_weightlifting
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8350998078#
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Hello, some reasons why I feel kefir is beneficial is the good bacteria, yeast, vitamin and mineral content. I cant always afford organic food so I use this as insurance. I also suffer from leaky gut from years of antibiotics and candidia problems. Another reason is I take codliver oil and mixing the oil with kefir allows the oil to be more bio-available. When they are mixed the oil binds with the kefir...it dosnt sit or rise back to the top after time. I read this is because of the positive charge of the kefir pairing with the negative charge of the oil. Also the proteins become partially digested by the kefir allowing much better aminos flowing to the muscles. Also im anglo-saxon and theres high chance kefir would have been part of my familys diet in winter months...maybe not but when I take it I feel good, which could be placebo I know. Its just a gut feeling I get when taking it.

Hmm I will read about this style of training. Currently im training more for strength with heavy weight and low reps. However im open to change this and develop...simply because while I know I have moved alot of weight I often feel I have simply moved the weight and not grown the muscle. I like RRMs idea of lower weight with high reps, but I also feel you could gain better with moderate weight and reps to failure.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Jodiat wrote:Hello, some reasons why I feel kefir is beneficial is the good bacteria, yeast, vitamin and mineral content.
If you give your body the right foods, it should get things back in order on its own.

Jodiat wrote: Hmm I will read about this style of training. Currently im training more for strength with heavy weight and low reps. However im open to change this and develop...simply because while I know I have moved alot of weight I often feel I have simply moved the weight and not grown the muscle. .
This style is about low reps and strength with heavy weights. it is very common to be able to lift more without adding muscle. This is due to developing nueromuscular coordination. When you lift something your body doesn't fire all the muscle cells, but learns to fire more as you practice. So you become stronger by better utilizing your existing muscles.

The Olympic lifts require skill as well as strength. I like this because it keeps me mentally engaged while I'm working out. It demands full concentration. I feel like doing a workout is like practicing for a sport. For me, I find this type of activity more fun than high rep bodybuilding style workouts.
Jodiat wrote: I like RRMs idea of lower weight with high reps, but I also feel you could gain better with moderate weight and reps to failure.
I thought you want to be strong? Are you looking for cosmetic improvements or for strength gains? I was under the impression that your goal is strength. If you are looking to add muscle to improve your appearance, you'd probably be better off with moderate reps. More like what a bodybuilder does.

If you look at a body builder they look strong and they are, but a Olympic lifter will usually be stronger, quicker, more flexible and have smaller muscle sizes. These guys have some of the biggest vertical jumps. They train the body as a whole as opposed to isolating parts.

What is your goal or reason for working out?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

just wanted to add a point....

When starting an O-lifting program it is often suggested that you use a broom stick before using weights. This goes to show how important technique and form are.

The link to the article I posted does a great job of introducing o-lifts.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I can agree all things being equal if you give the body what it needs it will heal thus kefir might not be needed. However my situation isnt equal in terms of 3 years of antibiotics and the fact once I turned my efforts to killing candidia It reduced my acne. Kefir was a central part in my case.

About the muscles, I was thinking along the lines - if I clear on the diet which I will. That my style of lifting might still cause acne and then I would look to do what RRM does. Even in that case I would use moderate reps and weight and not low weight and high reps.

I have slipped a disc in my mid back in a work injury and my goal is to build some core strength and functional power. So im working on squats, deadlifts, chin/pull ups, weighted push ups and bench press. I dont spend much time on biceps, but a little on triceps. Im going to look at adding these O lifts and scrapping smaller muscle all together. Im aiming to get back into thai boxing next year. I also spend alot of time on forearms.

What does your workout week look like?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Im going to cut kefir from my diet, so ive lost 30g of protein.

Im thinking of making it up with slamon so 240g will give 50g protein. If I make the rest up with fruits and a few brazil nuts I think I will hit my quota for building mass...and if its short then at worse case I should hope my acne is more undercontrol?

If I had the money I would buy and eat some more for days im ultra active. But I will test for now with this ammount and get back and post what I find.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

My work out varies from time to time but is centered around clean and jerk, the snatch, and muscle ups (see google). I never do any isolation exercises such as curls. Only exercises that use many muscles. My workouts are brief. 15 - 25 minutes.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Interesting...I also focus more on compound moves, simply as a time trade off. Thats also a very short time for a work out. Although if you are going in and throwing big weight with perfect form thats all you will need. Since adding OJ and OO while im working out I have so much more energy I now even find time and effort for some isolation moves.
Do you use them moves every time like 3 times per week?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I don't have a regular schedule. Sometimes I work out every day, other times every few days.

check this quote out::

http://lee-crompton.com/2008/02/26/what ... htlifting/

"Don’t be scared of training Olympic lifts more frequently than a typical bodybuilding routine allows, despite the level of effort involved in it is surprisingly hard to become over-trained. Although it does take a toll on the body’s fast twitch fibers, Olympic lifts are more concerned about developing the body’s central nervous system (CNS) than the musculature. Because there is no eccentric element to the lift, because the lifts are completed so rapidly, and because the few reps are performed in each set, there should be little soreness the next day (delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS)."
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

hmm very promising.

Im am really worried right now that my one problem (other then lack of water) is weight lifting causing acne.

Everytime ive lifted in my life Ive always upped my protein. Only once did I eat raw salmon but I also used whey protien and got up to 155kg (which was very good for me) with low body fat. Ive always always broke out alot more when lifting and it could have been the dirty protein and/or weight training.

I guess I can only keep lifting and stick to the sample diet. I just dont want to change how I lift and I have a sneaky feeling I might. Id rather be able to do ten weighted push ups then 50 bodyweight ones, but maybe thats just me.

Im going to add some of the lifts into my routine slowly and see how I go. I would have jumped into it but my disc problem stops me from some lifts, like deadlifting is tricky for me now, even with good form.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe, just maybe, you wount have any acne problems when you stick to the 100% raw diet, although its still a lot of protein (and testosterone activity)
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I know, and 'maybes' in my life and acne tend to be bad...but maybe this wont be...I can tell in a few weeks when things even out. i just need to check how nuts work in my system and get my energy balanced and then I can start testing. Maybe I can finally furfill a dream with this diet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good luck!!! 8)