figuring out what to eat to sustain workouts

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Im afraid you consumed too much protein.
4 to 5 yolks is already enough for if you are susceptible to acne.
The salmon was too much. (nothing wrong about salmon, but the total of yolks plus salmon was too much)
How much did the pieces of salmon weigh?
sabie

Post by sabie »

that's weird, I'm so sure I posted a reply earlier today..oh well, I wouldn't usually eat both in one day, I had only eaten fish once in two weeks and cause of all my activity I was getting concerned, I'm finding it difficult to get fish not frozen. Anyway, I will usually do one day yolks, one day fish, see if that works. The sashimi were large (no scale) but I only ate two.
sabie

Post by sabie »

after four weeks on this and two weeks of sample I've been having a lot of issues, lack of knowledge on my part, doing things wrong.. and I wasn't eating fish, only twice. Well, I ate 150 grams of Ahi Tuna two days in a row even though I was having a reaction to something else and today I had energy for the first time in over a week. Went to the gym, will have to build up again after a few weeks of less than usual. I think for how much I excercise I could eat 150g of fish 4/5 times a week and 6 egg yolks at least if not more 4/5 times a week. I haven't had the energy to ride my bike to work for weeks. It's uphill big time. I've been losing weight steadily, all I really want to lose is fat, which I am but it's just that I am small already, I just have extra fat on my body from the ED. So, I have to figure out how to continue losing the fat slowly but also gain muscle, not lose my muscle.
I know this is keeping blood sugar stable but it's not always clear yet.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

I confess that I do not consume enough fish - especially given the fact that fresh sashimi is plentiful and reasonably inexpensive here. However, in recent weeks one of the local supermarkets has been promoting maguro (tuna), usually placing a tray of cut-up fish and offering customers samples on coctail sticks.

Before following a Wai lifestyle I would never touch the sashimi (I have been vegetarian for almost ten years, let's not forget...), finding the appearance - especially dark red, fleshy tuna - too closely resembling 'bloody' animal meet.

However, I must say, it really is rather delicious - often I remain 'sampling' the fish for a couple of minutes! It gives me something to look forward to whilst returning home from work each evening, although I perhaps should be concerned not to consume a great deal of fish before my evening meal.

Anyway, in response to your post sabie (as opposed to an off-topic ramble...), gaining muscle is something I shall have to admit defeat at! I too have had my ups and downs (or should that be 'ins and outs'...lol!) with eating disorders, consequently I am tall, slim, but really rather skinny. My body is toned and reasonably well defined, however how much of this is due to pyhsical muscle or simply because there isn't a great deal of bodyfat visible is debatable!

Cheers,
James
x
sabie

Post by sabie »

yes, I had that same feeling about eating fish and yolks but reading all over the site made me see it could not be done without it. Praise be I never said a word to anyone in 18 years about not eating meat or animal products! I hope I figure this acne thing out becasue I would like to concentrate on replacing fat w/muscle. I have lost weight and some puffiness especially around the face but I still can't get my rings on till after I workout later in the day. I was starting to workout with a personal trainer for the first time ever, I broke my wrist last May and we were doing stuff for that but I need my strength to workout with him :)
I just keep judging by how I am going uphill on my bike. Over a week I should be able to tell if I'm eating enough. I checked out some sites and around 23-2600 calories per day would seem to be approx. for riding everday and working out 5 times a week. And please, don't consider your post rambling. The personal anecdote can be the most helpful and supportive. I'm all alone in this and uncertain about a lot of things. So, thanks :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Four weeks is just the beginning. :) You already seem more relaxed about things, which is good. It takes time to find the right way for you and your body. I think you'd need more energy, esp. with working out though. My guess would be more around 3000-3500 calories, but it's very personal, so keep on experimenting. The uphill biking seems a good way to test. You should have enough energy the whole day long.