figuring out what to eat to sustain workouts

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

figuring out what to eat to sustain workouts

Post by sabie »

I am absolutely going to have to do a deliberate test of foods I can eat together, near each other. My tummy is protesting! I need a juicer as I'm sure if I ate enough fruit to enable me to work out I would blow up. I worked out for the first time in three days today (been too weak, feeling quesy) and though I was weaker at times I managed pretty well and I have been bike riding everyday, but not the big ride to work I usually do.
I like the way sipping the juice and oil sounds as I was always hypoclycemic and never did anything about it. I spend all my spare time reading the boards and site and it seems to me that from what I read on old boards if I work out:
5 times a week (not heavy every time) 40 min. weights 3 x a week, 20 min. weight 2 x a week, 30 minutes treadmill on level 15 at about 4.1 & 4.2 5 x a week (striding) and commuting uphill 25 mins to work and then back, riding again to the gym and back about 13 minutes total uphill both ways :lol:
To augment this I am forced to sit for hours at work on the computer and sometimes at home. It's that balance thing that I always see Wai talking about. I changed my job at work two years ago and now I sit a lot more so I had to start commuting by bike to try to save myself.
I've been dong this for about 11/12 days and it has had a big impact. I broke out (a bit better now but underlying bumps), have lost about 4 pounds that I had just packed on but losing in the right places, my taste, sense of smell all stronger and I have no bad body odour (even after working out!)
So, for this type of activity it seems that I have read that I could easily eat up to 10 yolks a day (on two right now, three tomorrow)
And I'm sure I read Wai say that it is also good for some to eat yolks on one day and then fish on next. (ate fish first time today, about 35-40 g) Some people ate 100-150g fish when working out?
The fruits and oil are a problem right now as I have no juicer but I can hand juice a few. I think bananas are best for me as I always ate one everyday but how many could I have now, I presume a little variety is good. I'm not going to care or think about other foods (besides fruit, dried fruit, oil, fish, yolks) right now except for maybe adding nuts if my skin is okay as I love them and they are so convenient. I wonder if dried fruit before working out is good? Easier on the stomach? I mean an hour or more before.Once I get figured out what I need to take in to enable me to do what I do everyday and build some muscle then I think I'll test what I could eat if I am out somewhere and stuck (tomatoe and avocado, olive and oil salad sounds good!) Sorry about the tome, I still have a couple of questions I have to post elsewhere. Can't believe it. Thanks :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not exactly sure what your question is here, but I use a cheap juicer myself (about €10/$10). I eat about 150gr fish per day. I think variety depends on your taste. I don't necessarily need a lot of variety, but my girlfriend does.
nick

Post by nick »

To sustain workouts the best approach to do that is to juice your fruit, oranges (more nutritious) or apples or whatever you prefer. The juice is easier to digest and can be immeadiatly utilized for energy.

As long as you constantly sip (every 5 minutes or so), you will keep your sugar level stable, preventing the breakdown of muscle tissue.

Dried fruits have more sugar in them, so they handy to have on you.

It is best to alternate yolks with the fish. Fish has more protein (perhaps higher protein quality), so that would help muscle growth.

I think you know enough through browsing the forums, so good luck with it.
sabie

Post by sabie »

thanks for the help. I have been reading for hours and hours everyday, I'm afraid that this is what I always do, I have researched for years but I get even more crazy when its is personal stuff and become obbessed with finding the "truth". There is so much to read on this site w/the old forums but because I'm having a reaction to doing this I want to get on the right track w/the basics as soon as possible. I'm so glad you said you use a cheap juicer. You see, I was thinking it had to be an extractor or it was no use. So on Friday I can go buy a scale and juicer and some good glass or other safe containers so I'm not using plastic. Glad to know people eat dried fruit fine, maybe I need to incorporate one at a time to see if they bother me.
sabie

Post by sabie »

Nick, do you mean you hand juice?
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

I think he does, yes.

I hand-juice ~4L of orange juice daily.
Takes me about half an hour (stealing the name "speedy gonzales" :P).

RRM used to do the same thing, but recently said he switched to an electric juicer (he's a wuss!).

By the way, I have never weighed any food since I started this diet.
The scale isn't necessary, but I guess if it makes you more comfortable...
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Gosh, hand juicing four litres of juice every day?! That is a workout in itself... I wonder how many calories you are burning doing this...

James
x
sabie

Post by sabie »

wowee, I am amazed. I even have an Italian made hand juicer but I never considered using it as a regular thing. This Friday I'll buy an electric, just trying to decide which one. Or an extractor, I would like to be able to do apples. The scale because I have so many things to watch out for and all the working out, I just want to have the guidance at first.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brian wrote:
RRM used to do the same thing, but recently said he switched to an electric juicer (he's a wuss!).
<dragqueen>
Talk to the hand boy
</dragqueen>
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :lol:
sabie

Post by sabie »

I was put to shame so I hand juiced yesterday and sipped the oj and for the first time in days I felt my energy come back! I had felt so weak. I was able to go workout and took my juice to sip before and after. Unfortunately my skin also broke out more but I'll wait a few days to see if that settles down. I think my skin is de-toxifying. I am going to do some research as to why my skin was so perfect before, maybe the drugs in the carbs were keeping everything calm?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sabie wrote:Unfortunately my skin also broke out more but I'll wait a few days to see if that settles down. I think my skin is de-toxifying. I am going to do some research as to why my skin was so perfect before,
What exactly do you eat?
Please list everything consumed in one day.
maybe the drugs in the carbs were keeping everything calm?
No, thats not possible.
Do you mean the opioid peptides in grains?
sabie

Post by sabie »

yes, I meant those. What I ate yesterday was:

3 bananas
small amount of pineapple
1 quarter of a muskmelon
1 kiwi
1 avocado
4 egg yolks (late morning)
4 figs
2 dates
2 dried apricots
juice of 6 oranges/oil
2 big pieces salmon sashimi (in early evening)
approx. 20 tablespoons olive oil
nick

Post by nick »

Are you resting/physicaly inactive 1.5 hours after the sashimi and yolks?
sabie

Post by sabie »

oh yes, actually three hours right now.