Quick advice on weight

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Quick advice on weight

Postby Jodiat » Tue 29 Jun 2010 10:32

Should I be increasing sugar or fat to get my calories seems as protein is set? Or will this simply depend on my activity levels and just increase sugar while keeping fat the same?
User avatar
RRM
Administrator
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 16 Jul 2005 00:01
Contact:

Re: Quick advice on weight

Postby RRM » Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:05

Im not sure if i understand you correctly.
Jodiat wrote:Should I be increasing sugar or fat to get my calories seems as protein is set?
Do you mean that you know your protein tolerance level regarding acne?
Or do you mean something else by : "seems as protein is set".
If there is no issue regarding acne, you can also increase both protein (animal food) and sugar intake.
And if its not for physical activity, you can increase fat intake as well.
Or will this simply depend on my activity levels and just increase sugar while keeping fat the same?
If you need more calories, you can increase both sugars and fat,
but if you are physically active, its more useful to increase sugar intake only.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:40

I think protein is set for me because acne is an issue and its seems protein is possible for the cause but it could have been sodium so im going to start testing again but im starting out low.

Im not active much right now and im also not lifting yet so im maintaining but I figured the more active the more sugar. The less active less sugar. Also if im trying to increase weight when lifting I will need more sugar so is it ok to increase fat and use the maximuim ammount of protein I can without gaining acne.

Sorry for confusing.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:43

P.s. About water im using 2 litres of OJ and some extra water if im thirsty. How much attention should I pay to water? For example If I want to add alot off mass with just OJ how much for an average build?
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Tue 29 Jun 2010 19:59

also would 70ml of EVOO be enough per day with the OJ?
User avatar
RRM
Administrator
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 16 Jul 2005 00:01
Contact:

Postby RRM » Tue 29 Jun 2010 20:28

Jodiat wrote:I think protein is set for me because acne is an issue
Ah, okay thats clear.
Have you tested what your protein tolerance level is?
I figured the more active the more sugar.
absolutely.
when lifting I will need more sugar so is it ok to increase fat and use the maximuim ammount of protein I can without gaining acne.
I would not increase fat when lifting, because you will need to maximize muscle glycogen each time.
Jodiat wrote:P.s. About water im using 2 litres of OJ and some extra water if im thirsty. How much attention should I pay to water?
Only when you are thirsty without the need for energy, you need water.
You dont need to pay attention to that at all, as you will clearly feel thirsty and not like to take oj.
For example If I want to add alot off mass with just OJ how much for an average build?
How much OJ?
If you want to add mass, you will need to keep your blood sugar levels up all the time.
Naturally, there is no number for that.
also would 70ml of EVOO be enough per day with the OJ?
Certainly.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Tue 29 Jun 2010 23:32

Thanks for the tips.

I think from my last test on the wai I could eat 200gram of raw salmon per day. However im re testing and right now I cant afford everything I want so im trying to make the best of a bad situation. Also the last time I was on the wai it wasnt ideal...I was working against myself and I couldnt figure out exactly what the problem was.

I understand and love the idea of parts of this diet and I really want to give it my all even if I fail again with it. I understand the fundamentals of monitoring energy levels but I think the way to really find out for yourself is making errors and always restarting untill you understand your body yourself and this is hard to do with scaring acne. It must also be frustrating to give ideas to people like myself.

Strange thing the body and acne the internet also has too much information.

RRM have you made any progress with increasing your protein quality with supplements?
User avatar
RRM
Administrator
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 16 Jul 2005 00:01
Contact:

Postby RRM » Wed 30 Jun 2010 08:43

Jodiat wrote:It must also be frustrating to give ideas to people like myself.
Ha ha :D , no, not really, we're just giving advice without expecting people to follow it,
so that each time someone does, we are happily surprised.
Like throwing mud at a wall, not expecting it to stick, but sometimes the effects are wonderful...
RRM have you made any progress with increasing your protein quality with supplements?


Nope, still no perfect free methionine.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Wed 30 Jun 2010 11:02

Well some mud does stick because alot of this diet works amazing for me and I will make it fully work over time. Thanks to this place.

Shame about not finding free form but never give up.

What would happen if you did find it. Will you then not try to find a free form of the other less aminos?

I think you might have answered this before but ill ask again. If acne was not an issue and you could supplement with anything to build muscle what aminos and ammounts would use and why? (I know why because its the least amino available but I mean why cant this be gotten via diet by eating more of 'X')
User avatar
RRM
Administrator
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 16 Jul 2005 00:01
Contact:

Postby RRM » Wed 30 Jun 2010 14:00

Jodiat wrote: What would happen if you did find it.
Actually, its there already, but only available for farmers to supplement cows.
viewtopic.php?p=14001#14001
If acne was not an issue and you could supplement with anything to build muscle what aminos and ammounts would use and why?
1,000 mg methionine plus
500 mg phenylalanine
Not more than that because then you will disturb some balances in the body
(methionine is involved in numerous metabolisms)
Also, if you would take more, than you would need to take other amino acids as well,
as then the mentioned two would no longer most scarce.
So, you dont need any more.
why cant this be gotten via diet by eating more of 'X')
You can, by eating more Brazil nuts, but that is not advised as eating more than a handful of Brazil nuts
would bring up the issue of both radioactivity and selenium.
Also, my skin doesnt tolerate eating that much Brazil nuts, which i think is due to oxidation (dirty protein) of the nuts during years-long storage.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Wed 30 Jun 2010 18:02

Cows? Really. Thats kind of crazy but not surprising people take alot of care of cattle and horses.

I thought Brazils would be what you would have said but I didnt think about the Selenium actually. I think Brazils are great, they taste as good as other nuts I like too. The good thing about nuts is because they are in shells you tend not to over eat on them. After cracking a few I tend to get bored.
Kookaburra
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 18 Jan 2010 14:28

Postby Kookaburra » Thu 01 Jul 2010 04:19

Also, my skin doesnt tolerate eating that much Brazil nuts, which i think is due to oxidation (dirty protein) of the nuts during years-long storage.
The nuts are still in their shell. How come they are still able to oxidize? Also, why is it dirty protein since the oxidation occurs naturally?
User avatar
Oscar
Administrator
Posts: 4346
Joined: Mon 15 Aug 2005 00:01

Postby Oscar » Thu 01 Jul 2010 10:58

The Maillard reaction can already happen at room temperature, if you wait long enough.
Basically the reaction in relation to time is a hyperbola (X and Y are temperature and time, not the right numbering in this image though):

Image

This means a higher temperature requires less time to produce a Maillard reaction and vice versa.
Oxidation happens naturally, like iron getting rusty.
So "dirty" protein has nothing to do with 'naturally occurring' or not.
Jodiat
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:09
Location: Manchester

Postby Jodiat » Thu 08 Jul 2010 21:24

RRM when you say 500mg phenylalanine is that the same as L-Tyrosine?
User avatar
Oscar
Administrator
Posts: 4346
Joined: Mon 15 Aug 2005 00:01

Postby Oscar » Fri 09 Jul 2010 00:22

They're not the same. Both are amino acids, and the body can convert: Phenylalanine + Phenylalanine Hydroxylase --> Tyrosine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest