is it ever OK to eat sugar alone?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

is it ever OK to eat sugar alone?

Post by Maleko »

RRM and freinds,

On some of the old boards, Wai mentions that if your glycogen stores are empty, there should be no problem regarding spiking your blood sugar. She says that when stores are empty, you can safely eat a large amount of carbs in one sitting.

Sometimes I feel like just sipping juice, without the oil. If my glycogen stores are low, like after a long walk, why must I drink oil to stabilize my sugar, why couldn't I just sip juice for a while?

Like lets say I sipped juice with no oil, every 5 minutes for 2 hours, why must I add oil? It seems like adding the oil is mostly beneficial when one isn't going to eat again for a while?

Aloha!
Justin

Post by Justin »

good question
RRM
Administrator

Re: is it ever OK to eat sugar alone?

Post by RRM »

Maleko wrote:Wai mentions that if your glycogen stores are empty, there should be no problem regarding spiking your blood sugar. She says that when stores are empty, you can safely eat a large amount of carbs in one sitting.

Sometimes I feel like just sipping juice, without the oil. If my glycogen stores are low, like after a long walk, why must I drink oil to stabilize my sugar, why couldn't I just sip juice for a while?
True; then you dont need the oil indeed.
Like lets say I sipped juice with no oil, every 5 minutes for 2 hours, why must I add oil?
Yes, its possible, but without the oil, your intake of energy has to be twice as much closely taken care of, because otherwise your blood energy level will fluctuate too much.
So, yes, you dont need to take oil, but it puts extra stress on monitoring your energy management. If you can deal with that perfectly; no problem.
It seems like adding the oil is mostly beneficial when one isn't going to eat again for a while?
No, its beneficial whenever you are not constantly monitoring your energy levels. The fat makes it all a lot easier. But if you can do it the 'hard way'; go for it.