Need help with Calorie requirements

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
dcboyer02
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Need help with Calorie requirements

Post by dcboyer02 »

Hi,

I'm new to the diet, just started a couple days ago
So far I love it, love eating healthy and feeling fine but I'm concerned about managing my weight.

I've been on a strict diet of 1000-1200 calorie diet for about 6 months along with running almost every day (I was trying to lose weight to get rid of cellulite). Well, it worked well, I've lost weight (but not all the cellulite; thats still an issue) and I like the size I am now but I'm a bit afraid of gaining it all back on this diet because of all the sugar and fats/oil in it.

I'm trying to figure out what my calorie intake should be. I've looked at a lot of calorie calculators and they usually say for someone with a desk job like me and no exercise that 1200-1400 calories is fine. But its nearly impossible for me to do that little if I'm on the wai diet and have to eat every couple hours, especially because it requires you to eat oil every time.
I don't under stand how people are losing weight if they're sticking to the diet. Eating olive oil every couple hours gets you to 1000 calories without even eating anything else!
How do I stay on this and not gain weight?
And then to confuse me even more it seems like the sample diet for someone like me is closer to 2000 calories; I can't imagine not gaining weight if I jumped up to that many calories.

My main concern is acne, my secondary is cellulite, and I'd be willing to gain weight if that was the only way to get rid of them but I'd prefer not to and stay the size I am now. I'm a female, 28 yrs, 5'3", 105-110 pounds, which is about ideal for me. I could stand to gain 5 pounds but I wouldn't want to do more than that. On the other hand I don't want to lose with weight as I'm starting to look to bony up top, (soooooooo infuriating to by skinny and have cellulite!) so I need to figure out what the right about of calories is. I do like to run every other day too, so I might have to up my calories on the days I got to the gym.

Please help, its all very confusing,
Thank you!
CSIV

Re: Need help with Calorie requirements

Post by CSIV »

I wouldn't be too worried about overeating on this diet. Try to focus on your energy needs and you should be fine; from my personal experience, my body begins rejecting food if I am eating too much of it at once (sore stomach from too much sugar, I suddenly don't feel at all like eating more avacado, etc).

Best of luck on your beginning the Wai diet :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)
Eating 1000-1200kcal is quite low, closer to 2000kcal is normal. I may seem a lot to you now, but the way the energy management is done (if done correctly) will provide you with all the energy you need, without increasing your weight. Normally people are used to eating bigger meals. This means more energy is converted into body fat. Also, eating low-fat means the body will use its body fat with caution. So frequently eating tiny meals/snacks and consuming plenty of oil/fat makes that one can lose weight even though possibly ingesting more energy.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

With this diet its easier to lose weight than to gain weight.
If you are trying very hard to ingest enough calories, you may not lose weight.
So, in your case this diet is perfect.
The acne will be gone first, the cellulite may take much, much longer.
What you need to learn, is to listen to your energy level.
Each time your energy level goes down a bit, you need to eat or drink something.
When you are getting tired, you have not been listening to your energy levels.
If you get depressed or moody, the same thing.
So, keep good track of your energy and mood levels, and keep us updated with your experiences,
so that we can help you adjust.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok, Thank you,

I'm going to try and not watch my calories and just eat when I want, which will be a monumental change for me.
I'm just going to take the risk that I'll gain weight and then address that issue separately if it becomes a problem.

I'm on my fifth day and my skin does seem to be doing better, and I like all the food so far, my only concern was the calories, but I'd honestly rather be 20 lbs heavier and have clear skin at this point. LOL
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As a guideline: work your way towards eating 1 piece of fruit (like an apple or a banana) per 30-45mins (with a bit of oil).
Keep us posted.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

I could also eat a brazil nut after fruit instead right?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure, that works too.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, but not for now; only once your acne is gone, as you may get acne from them as well
(sometimes they are years old, which means they also have damaged proteins)
Iris

Post by Iris »

dcboyer02 wrote:Ok, Thank you,

I'm going to try and not watch my calories and just eat when I want, which will be a monumental change for me.
I'm just going to take the risk that I'll gain weight and then address that issue separately if it becomes a problem.
You won't gain any weight when you watch your energy requirements very closely. So indeed, eat when you're hungry, AND stop when you had enough! The next meal is never far away, so you don't need to eat more than you need at that point. It may take some fine tuning, but in my experience, that goes very fast.
Good luck!