losing weight; muscles?/water?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Roocious
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

losing weight; muscles?/water?

Post by Roocious »

I've had a rough start with the diet that started maybe 5 weeks ago, but I've been pretty good for the last 2 weeks - the last 5 days 100% sample diet and my skin is almost 100%

I've been taking in alot, yet unfortunately still losing weight.

This was yesterday

5 egg yolks + 1.5 cups OJ + 7 or 8 Tbsp of OO
2 bananas
1 whole cantaloupe
2 avacados
2 tomatoes + 1 cucumber + some OO
1 apple
1 plum
1 pear
Handful of large grapes

I've been at home doing almost no exercise
I'm 5 foot 6 inches, weighed 144, now I'm 133

Help?
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

The calculator says thats almost 3000 calories

am i not getting enough protein without the brazil nuts?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It depends on your build and activity (even at home, and thinking counts) as well. I'm 5ft7.5in and I weigh 120, so your 133 doesn't necessarily have to be too low.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Simply put:
If you lose weight, you take in too little energy.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

Thank You

I've learned over this past 2 weeks
With too little - I feel tired
With too much (forcing to eat more in fear of losing more weight) has very bad results.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, itsnot easy to walk that thin line in between.
Luckily it gets increasingly easier with time, given that you try to listen to your body all the time. Eventually, its a piece of cake (hmmm... make that a piece of banana)
Bha

losing weight = water?

Post by Bha »

I just weighed myself for the first time since the middle of summer maybe? And I'm only 128 pounds! I think I'm losing muscle, which isn't good.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: What to combine with egg yolks?

Post by Oscar »

If you're losing muscle, chances are you're not eating (often) enough. Are you sure it's not just less water retention, which slims down muscles as well?
djkvan

Re: What to combine with egg yolks?

Post by djkvan »

Oscar wrote:Are you sure it's not just less water retention, which slims down muscles as well?
I'm noticing this as I approach the five month mark. Especially with the biceps.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
panacea

Re: losing weight; muscles?/water?

Post by panacea »

@RRM or @Oscar

Is it correct that if you were to drink OJ without any fiber at all, a whole glass, in a short time, then most of it would be wasted through urination and/or cause potential stress to the body, but the same glass with some of its natural fiber would slow down absorption, giving less waste the more fiber?

The reason I ask is, even though I appreciate the ability to gauge when you need more food or none, like RRM has perfected, it might be too difficult for beginners so they could use fiber as a buffer.

On another note, would fat work the same way?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I'll take a stab at this one, panacea, if you don't mind.

The body will take the water, or micronutrients, it needs regardless of consumption rate or presence/absence of fiber, although you can overdo it with sugar, which doesn't feel good. The intestines are long and have much surface area, so there are many chances for absorption along the way. My understanding with juice is that fat is the buffer for sugar which allows sips to go further. Fiber could provide an additional buffer, I suppose, but I'm not sure how much you would have to leave in the juice for it to make a difference. The key is to listen closely to energy needs. As with any skill, it requires practice. Another approach to the diet would be to replenish liver glycogen reserves instead of just blood sugar.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The mistake people most often make, is not eating often enough, i.e. not ingesting enough energy. Consuming more fiber means the feeling of having eaten enough arrives sooner, which could induce eating even less often. It does reduce the size of the meals, so that could be a benefit.