Wai diet and bodyweight training

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai diet and bodyweight training

Post by fred »

Hello !

Is there any change to do in the implementation of the Wai diet when one is doing bodyweight training regularly, in terms of optimal recovery ?
(Not talking about muscle mass as it is mainly related to caloric intake)
Especially regarding pre/during/post work-out ?
Is one animal protein meal (300g meat) in the evening enough (training in the morning) ?

I have found that eating small amount of non fiber sugar and fat before/during/after the work-out works fine for me (easy enough for the stomach to not disturb any physical activity).

Any experience ?

Thank you!!

Was reading this interesting article : http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/vi ... f=8&t=4870

"Basically you've got about 4 hours starting from the moment you started working doing muscle damage to provide your body with as much material as possible to make emergency repairs. After this period of time, you have missed the most critical healing time. Damage that occurs outside that timeframe will not be healed optimally, which means that your gains will be less than what they could have been."
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai diet and bodyweight training

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:"Basically you've got about 4 hours starting from the moment you started working doing muscle damage to provide your body with as much material as possible to make emergency repairs. After this period of time, you have missed the most critical healing time. Damage that occurs outside that timeframe will not be healed optimally, which means that your gains will be less than what they could have been."
I agree.
The sooner, the better.
Is there any change to do in the implementation of the Wai diet when one is doing bodyweight training regularly, in terms of optimal recovery ?
(Not talking about muscle mass as it is mainly related to caloric intake)
Well, i dont see how they are different; regaining strength is also building muscles.
In both cases you need to build muscles.
Its just that your focus is different.
Especially regarding pre/during/post work-out ?
Pre/during/post the focus is on lots of easy-to-digest energy.
And also on bulkng up on glycogen in between work-outs.
Protein is for post work-out only.
Is one animal protein meal (300g meat) in the evening enough (training in the morning) ?
Its absolutely enough, but in general its more effective to do the training in the evening,
and have the protein (and sugars) afterwards, because in the evening one generally has more time to rest afterwards.
But no, training in the morning and eating protein in the evening is not very effective.
I have found that eating small amount of non fiber sugar and fat before/during/after the work-out works fine for me (easy enough for the stomach to not disturb any physical activity).
Absolutely; any additional easy-to-digest sugar is very welcome here.
No fiber indeed, as digestion requires a lot of energy (less energy available for exercise)
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
Its absolutely enough, but in general its more effective to do the training in the evening,
and have the protein (and sugars) afterwards, because in the evening one generally has more time to rest afterwards.
But no, training in the morning and eating protein in the evening is not very effective.
So it's best to eat protein after the training, even if the workout is in the morning, provided that I rest enough time after the meat meal ? how long do I have to rest ?

How long after the training is-it best to eat protein ? right after ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

So it's best to eat protein after the training, even if the workout is in the morning, provided that I rest enough time after the meat meal ? how long do I have to rest ?
Sleeping all night is optimal, so that training at night is best.
But if you HAVE to train in the morning, remaining more or less physically inactive all day (no running, cycling etc)
may be sufficiently effective.
How long after the training is-it best to eat protein ? right after ?
Yes, the sooner the better, but remember to take in a lot of 'sugar' first.
fred

Post by fred »

Fat is not at all appropriate post-workout, right ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Not if you dont eat that much, but if you feel like eating a lot,
because you need to replenish a lot of glycogen and amino acids
then its best to include a significant amount of fat as well,
as fat slows down digestion, which makes it easier on your body to deal with a big meal.
(smaller insulin spike; gradual uptake of nutrients)
fred

Post by fred »

So egg yolks are not recommended post-work out ?
Can cholesterol in egg yolks have some benefit post work out, by its calming effect (helping adrenaline and/or cortisol to lower) ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Like i said: if you need a lot of energy post-workout, fat is beneficial.
So, egg yolks are recommended, including its cholesterol, indeed.
fred

Post by fred »

What is the best sugar regarding working-out ?
Fructose is good to refill liver glycogen, but does not trigger insulin. Glucose triggers insulin and is better to refill muscle glycogen. Maybe both ?
dime

Post by dime »

I wouldn't worry much about liver glycogen, because when you exercise you're primarily using muscle glycogen.
Experiments show that taking both glucose and fructose (in roughly 1:1 ratio) increases the absorption rate, since fructose follows a somewhat different path than glucose.
But unless you're completely emptying the glycogen reserves in a workout (you'd need something like 2 hours of not eating anything and cycling like crazy to achieve this) I wouldn't worry too much about it. As a general rule try to have glucose >= fructose.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sugar is general is perfect (sucrose = glucose + fructose), which is present in all fruits and refined sugar.
So, yes, both. (always better than excluding one of them)