Nutritional requirements for athletic women

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Juliette
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Nutritional requirements for athletic women

Post by Juliette »

hi,

i´m very much into weight lifting (about 4 to 5 times a week) and doing a little bit of cardio on the side.
right now i´m super lean and trying hard to gain muscle mass to get more curves on. i´m 168cm tall and i´m wheighing 50 kg.

yet, i´ve got no idea how many calories i should be taking in - and how much carbs, fat and protein :?:
i´m following the wai diet, eating mangos, apricots, bananas, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, egg yolks, raw fish, and nuts. occasionally, i also consume medium/rare steak, goats milk and goats whey protein.
i just have absolutely no idea how many calories and how much of what food i should consume :roll:

i would be very thankful for any any advice and help!!!

Greetings, Juliette
RRM
Administrator

Re: Nutritional requirements for athletic women

Post by RRM »

Juliette wrote: i´m following the wai diet, eating mangos, apricots, bananas, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, egg yolks, raw fish, and nuts.
No juice?
Juicing (masticating or citrus press) eliminates the unnecessary burden of fiber,
enabling you to take in more energy effortlessly.
occasionally, i also consume medium/rare steak, goats milk and goats whey protein.
Why?
Why dont you eat raw steak instead? (preferably tender beef)
and why dont you consume more fish/yolks instead of milk/whey?
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

thank you very much for your answer, rrm!
Juliette wrote:No juice?
Juicing (masticating or citrus press) eliminates the unnecessary burden of fiber,
enabling you to take in more energy effortlessly.
i don´t drink juice, because i can´t combine sugars with fat as it gives me massive bad smelling gas. if i only drank the juice itself it would give me a too high insulin spike, that´s why i´m currently only consuming whole fruits mostly during the first half of the day, with no fats and eat the fats and protein later in combination with salads of tomatoes and cucumbers.

i noticed though the gassy reaction is less when i combine fats or protein with sugary stuff with no fiber like juice or candies, but i still react (bad when you´re in public :oops: ). i must admit, i haven´t tried mixing juice with just some fat, so that there´s no fiber in the meal at all and having no fiber in the stomach left.

basically from what i know so far, my reactions should be natural, because the different digestion times of sugar and fat. sugar is an ultra fast digesting food and fat takes hours to digest (still depending on what kind of fat). when the sugar remains in the stomach longer than it´s naturally supposed to be it starts to ferment. and that´s what it feels like and smells like :wink: for me unfortunately.

i´m still desperate to find a solution for this and be able to combine fats and sugars like recommended :(

apart from that i still don´t think that fiber is only a burden, because i feel like i need it for regular bowel movement and i have to admit that i get constipated very easily.
sugar and fat moves your bowels, sure, that´s true, but there has to be something to eliminate as well. i would have to eat incredible tons of salad just to have one bowel movement a day. and i´m so in love with my delcicious sweet fruits that i don´t want to "get rid of them".

please correct me if you have better options to suggest for me as i´m still trying hard to work these problems out and find solutions.
Juliette wrote: occasionally, i also consume medium/rare steak, goats milk and goats whey protein.

Why?
Why dont you eat raw steak instead? (preferably tender beef)
and why dont you consume more fish/yolks instead of milk/whey?
i like the occasional english/rare steak when i´m at a restaurant. i´m always ordering the finest most tender meat they have and lately i´ve always told the waited i´d like to have it "as rare as possible" so that it´s really only very very slightly heated and not all of it is denatured.

sometimes i drink goats milk or whey protein for fast available protein after working out heavily and because i´m still not sure i´m getting enough protein, because i´m not consuming nuts everyday.

i would still be very thankful to you if you could give me a suggestion of calories, carbs, fats and protein. i know that one cannot give exact numbers but i would really appreciate it a lot if you could give a kind of guideline.

thank you very much.
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

i have just reread what wai says about gas, bloating and constipation. according to her my mistake is obviously not the combination of just sugar and fat, but the combination with protein and fiber as wel. as i have already admitted, i haven´t tried only sugar with fat yet, without any fibers at all and no protein.

until now i was sure i can´t just sugar with fat, because of my observations and when i think about it when i had fat, i always had protein with it. and because i´ve been eating only whole fruits until now, i had additional fiber to the sugars. well this all makes me think again, i have to try just sugar and fat!
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I think you might dare try some whole fruit with fat as well... But if you are uncertain by all means strain the juice.. :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you want a general indication go here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/ and look on the right for Daily Needs. Since you're pretty active your carb:fat ratio should probably be around 4:1. The amount of protein you'd need (aside from the amount in fruit) might be 150-200gr, so you could start with 150gr of protein from fish/egg yolks and see how that goes. Of course I'm guessing here, and maybe RRM has a better guess as he's more into muscle building than I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Juliette wrote: i don´t drink juice, because i can´t combine sugars with fat
Im also physically very active, so i also need a lot of sugars, and little fat.
I add only a few drops of oil to my 1.5L juice bottles, to prevent acid reflux.
Please try.
Also dont forget to sieve the juice, as this further diminishes fiber and gas.
...and eat the fats and protein later in combination with salads of tomatoes and cucumbers.
Since you are susceptible to gas, i would split that up:
In the morning you eat tomatoes/cucumber/avocado and in the evening you fats (not from avocado) and protein.
apart from that i still don´t think that fiber is only a burden, because i feel like i need it for regular bowel movement
Yes, when you still eating constipating stuff (milk, non-raw steak, and maybe nuts not shelled by yourself?), you may get constipated,
but thats because of the constipating stuff, and not because of the lack of fiber.
And yes, you need fiber to be able to deport... fiber...
Consuming little fiber, there simply is little to deport.
As you eat a lot of fiber, you need to deport a lot (of fiber).
have to admit that i get constipated very easily.
Try not consuming any goats milk, whey protein, nuts and medium/rare steak for a couple of weeks.
there has to be something to eliminate as well.
Lets look at it differently.
You are saying that you have to throw stuff in the garbage bin,
because otherwise there is no need to empty it?
Waste is exactly what it is: waste.
The stuff that needs to be removed from your bowels is waste; stuff that your body does not want/need.
If there is less waste, why is that a bad thing?
If your bowels are not filled up that much, what is bad about that?
That your belly will be too flat?
i´m so in love with my delcicious sweet fruits that i don´t want to "get rid of them".
You dont have to...
Just juice them!!!
i like the occasional english/rare steak when i´m at a restaurant. i´m always ordering the finest most tender meat they have and lately i´ve always told the waited i´d like to have it "as rare as possible" so that it´s really only very very slightly heated and not all of it is denatured.
So, why dont you take it one step further?
sometimes i drink goats milk or whey protein for fast available protein after working out heavily and because i´m still not sure i´m getting enough protein, because i´m not consuming nuts everyday.
You dont need nuts, and certainly no milk or whey.
If in doubt whether you need more protein, consume more fish/yolks/raw meat.
i would still be very thankful to you if you could give me a suggestion of calories, carbs, fats and protein. i know that one cannot give exact numbers but i would really appreciate it a lot if you could give a kind of guideline.
There is no way anyone can tell you how many calories you need.
The margin of error will simply always be too large.
An example: if you consume just 1% too many calories daily, you may gain 1 kg of pure fat in a year.
If you consume just 1% to few calories daily, you may lose 2 kg of muscle tissue per year.
Luckily, your body will correct you in the meantime.

The only one who can tell you, is your body.
The only one who can constantly monitor your blood sugar levels, is your body.
The only one who can judge how many extra muscles you need, is you.
You have to do it yourself, the hard way, by finding out what works for you.
Actually, its not that hard, because regarding sugars, you just need to check whether you feel energetic.
The level of energy that you feel, is the level of available sugars in your blood (glucose) and muscles (glycogen).
I would start off with consuming juice whenever your energy level tends to go down just a tiny bit,
and adding just a few drops of oil / L.
Regarding protein, you can start experimenting, and find out what works for you.
You may start off with consuming 250 grams of raw fish or raw tenderloin plus 6 egg yolks daily
Trust me, when you eat too much beef/fish/yolks, you will not feel like eating any more.
If your body 'likes' that amount for 2 weeks in a row, you can try increasing it with 25%.
If your body prefers to eat less, try a lower, but 'set' amount (like 25%).
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

thank you all very much for your answers!!!

wow, rrm you´re giving me so much hope, thank you so much for your time and effort!!

ok, i´m going to be serious about your recommendations and i will definitely try juice with added oil 8)

please just one thing i´m still wondering about - can a diet high in sugars and also fats create a diabetes-like condition? i have heard that very often, that the fat covers the cell receptors for insúlin and therefore inhibits insulin function and you´re blood sugar stays elevated and you´re secreting more and more insulin.
http://www.30bananasaday.com/video/how- ... tic-in-six

just for explanation i´m coming from a raw zero fat diet without any fat apart from one avocado a week and no animal products (no cholesterol :!: ). i did massive damage to my body and my hormones with this diet. i´m still fat phobic and feel like you have only the option to either go low carb or low fat (which is probably wrong).

RRM wrote:I add only a few drops of oil to my 1.5L juice bottles, to prevent acid reflux.
Please try.
i will! especially when i´m going to train!
is that already doing the trick to stabilize blood sugar as well? i thought you would need more fat in ratio to sugar :?:
RRM wrote:when you still eating constipating stuff (milk, non-raw steak, and maybe nuts not shelled by yourself?), you may get constipated,
but thats because of the constipating stuff, and not because of the lack of fiber.
i will cut all of that stuff out completely for at least one week and see how i feel then. it´s hard to get unshelled nuts around here, only almonds, but these are not ideal nuts!? should i still buy these? when i have shelled nuts i soak them but that doesn´t seem to make them much better digestable to me.
RRM wrote:If there is less waste, why is that a bad thing?
If your bowels are not filled up that much, what is bad about that?
That your belly will be too flat?
it makes absolutely sense i think i just thought that fiber would clean your colon out faster from toxins and metabolic waste!? that´s why i thought fiber is important... and yeah i love to have a flat belly, but currently by what i´ve been doing until now that´s hardly ever the case, although i have very well defined abs and hardly any fat at all on my stomach :lol:
RRM wrote: i like the occasional english/rare steak when i´m at a restaurant. i´m always ordering the finest most tender meat they have and lately i´ve always told the waited i´d like to have it "as rare as possible" so that it´s really only very very slightly heated and not all of it is denatured.

So, why dont you take it one step further?
well i would, i just feel like it´s socially almost not accetpable to order completely raw meat at a restaurant and your fellows would probably look at you like you´re crazy!?
RRM wrote:You dont need nuts, and certainly no milk or whey.
If in doubt whether you need more protein, consume more fish/yolks/raw meat.
ok, i will try that and drop they whey and milk. i know that these foods are not ideal anyway, but i thought i needed them for protein support.
RRM wrote:The level of energy that you feel, is the level of available sugars in your blood (glucose) and muscles (glycogen).
I would start off with consuming juice whenever your energy level tends to go down just a tiny bit,
and adding just a few drops of oil / L.
i think that would help me a lot for sure, because from eating all sweet fruit only during the first half of the day, i first have far too much sugar at once and then none at all when i´m actually training in the evening :lol:

again, thank you so much for your kind support. i´m already feeling so much better on this diet especially mentally as well, as i have done such huge damage to myself with this no-fat and no-animal foods diet.
i´m so happy i found this new path, because this diet finally feels just so natural for me and meant to be for us.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Juliette wrote:can a diet high in sugars and also fats create a diabetes-like condition? i have heard that very often, that the fat covers the cell receptors for insúlin and therefore inhibits insulin function and you´re blood sugar stays elevated and you´re secreting more and more insulin.
The effect of fat on insulin inhibition is minor.
If that effect was real, almost everybody would be diabetic, as almost everybody consumes some fat.
Particularly since amino acids also stimulate insulin secretion as much as glucose does,
so that consuming protein and sugars has a similar effect.
just for explanation i´m coming from a raw zero fat diet without any fat apart from one avocado a week and no animal products (no cholesterol :!: ).
Cholesterol is a sterol, not a fatty acid.
With your level of activity, a low-fat version would do well.
i´m still fat phobic and feel like you have only the option to either go low carb or low fat (which is probably wrong).
Yes, thats a misconception.
They are macro nutrients, and you all need them, particularly when physically active.

RRM wrote:I add only a few drops of oil to my 1.5L juice bottles, to prevent acid reflux.
Please try.
i will! especially when i´m going to train!
is that already doing the trick to stabilize blood sugar as well? i thought you would need more fat in ratio to sugar :?:
The more physically active you are, the less fats you need, relatively.
And the more frequent your food intakes, the less fat you need for stabilization.
RRM wrote:it´s hard to get unshelled nuts around here, only almonds, but these are not ideal nuts!? should i still buy these? when i have shelled nuts i soak them but that doesn´t seem to make them much better digestable to me.
Just leave them out, you can do without them.
For later you may be able to purchase macadamia nuts in the shell.
i just thought that fiber would clean your colon out faster from toxins and metabolic waste!?
The best way to eliminate toxins, is by not ingesting them.
Fiber doesnt eliminate toxins from your body.
Metabolic waste?
Thats carbon dioxide, water and nitrogen (from utilizing carbs, fats and protein).
Thats expelled from your body by breathing (carbon dioxide), sweating and urinating (nitrogen in ureum).
i just feel like it´s socially almost not accetpable to order completely raw meat at a restaurant and your fellows would probably look at you like you´re crazy!?
Then just order salad, and eat your raw steak at home (also cheaper)
i will try that and drop they whey and milk. i know that these foods are not ideal anyway, but i thought i needed them for protein support.
You need protein. 'Protein support' does not exist.
You can get all the protein you need from meat, fish and yolks.
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

hi again,

i´ve tried to do my best i could and followed rrm´s recommendations - and i´m feeling great!!!!!

my stomach has never been so flat before and i´m feeling so comfortable!

í´ve cut back lots on fiber and i´ve not been eating cooked proteins, starches, whatsoever. and just allowed myself one new treat i´ve added in now, and that´s white chocolate from lindt. ít´s 43% fat and i feel very good after eating a bit and it doesn´t give me any problems at all.

apart from that i´ve been excactly following the wai diet and what i´ve seen is the most important thing for me, i have to eat animal proteins only by themselfes with nothing else to it.

thanks again 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you for reporting, Juliette!!!
Its great to hear that things are working out just fine for you.
For me it also feels best to eat animal food just by itself.