Raw wai like diet for body building

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
sunmaiden
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Raw wai like diet for body building

Post by sunmaiden »

Not sure where to share this since it isn't fully Wai (feel free to move it), but thought it was close enough to be of interest to people here. This body builder is vegan, but has found that following many Wai principles work best for him. He eats small fruit meals throughout the day (about 2 bananas an hour) and eats fats/proteins at night (1 avocado plus 1/2 cup nuts) and includes some greens. He eats all raw and has found that it is necessary for him to include the nuts/fats for optimal health and mood, but he hasn't needed a high protein diet to keep his muscles up. I wonder how his results would vary with a bit of cholesterol and more omega 3s from egg yolks and fish.

http://www.thefruitdoctor.blogspot.com/ ... chive.html
dime

Re: Raw wai like diet for body building

Post by dime »

Vegan diet is not optimal because you need B12 and other stuff that you can not get from vegetation.
It is also not particularly good for building muscle.. for maintaining your muscles - maybe.
I'm sure he's drinking some "raw" protein shakes, from from rice, hemp or whatever.
Anyway, it is very rare that vegans, especially raw vegans are muscular, mostly are very thin, so he must be some genetic outlier.
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

Yeah, I discovered that vegan was sub-optimal the hard way :D

I thought it was interesting to see the Wai style fruit consumption, with the small meals working best and he was certain that low fat didn't work well. I am interested in his point that muscular body comes from high intensity training. Some on a higher animal protein diet claim their muscles grow during couch potato phases. I'm curious about that, because yes, many people lose muscle tone on vegan diet. Being a woman (and never very muscular or athletic) I find I have more exercise stamina when eating high raw but the muscles don't seem to come naturally.
dime

Post by dime »

What does couch potato phase mean? In order for the muscles to grow you have to use them.
The more you use them the more the body adapts appropriately, by growing and increasing number of muscle cells, improving blood circulation, increasing glycogen capacity, adapting the nervous system, etc. For most people these changes happen slowly. For women a lot slower I think, due to much lower testosterone levels compared to men.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think regarding building muscle, it never comes easy. My younger brother is very muscular; normally around 120 kg (he's 1.92 m). A while ago, he lost a lot of weight (muscle). In a couple of months time he went from 120 to 98 kg (not eating enough due to a lack of money... :roll: ). Since then (after the money-thing was solved), he started eating raw eggs (10/day) (next to a "normal" diet with relatively a lot of fruit included) and training again, whereas he previously always took protein shakes. When he lost all that weight, he often didn't have the energy to train (my believe is that this could also easily happen on a vegan diet). He now trains 4 times/week, 1 - 1.5 hour "Pyramid-training" as he calls it. So he does some light training 15-20 repeats, then a bit heavier 12-15 repeats, even more heavy 8-10 repeats and the last set lighter again (10 repeats). Between sets 3-4 minutes break. Now, 4 months after being at his lightest, he gained 10 kg back (and I can notice a difference in him very clearly, he is more calm and peaceful. Due to the yolks(?))

Although he trains a lot (at least, I think it's a lot ;)) I think all the changes happened very fast with him. The weight loss and muscle growth. Maybe it also depends greatly on what your body is used to (?). My brother eats a lot normally speaking, so when the intake drastically decreases, so does the weight (ofcourse). But could it be that when the body is used to a lot of exercise, the muscle weight is also more easily put back on again?
dime

Post by dime »

Yes, there is muscle memory: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/ ... le-memory/
If you had a certain amount of muscle mass, it's easier to gain it back, than to build from scratch.
sunkist5000

Post by sunkist5000 »

this is what makes the WAI DIET the optimal vegan and or raw diet!

you get the benefit of all the antioxidants, vitamins, carbs, and hydration factor of the fruits.....but then you get the repair, hormone balancing, strengthening, blood sugar stabilization of the RAW EGG YOLKS, SASHIMI & RAW NUTS!

it's what makes WAI DIET BETTER than any grain based vegan diet, a vegan diet that has too many veggies, a fruit diet that is too low in fat, or a raw diet that is too high in fat and low in fruits!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D