Complete exercise program

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Gendi
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Complete exercise program

Post by Gendi »

I came across an exercise program by a guy called Sanford Bennett ("Old Age, its Cause and Prevention", 1912) which has been working really well for me.

The program was developed by Bennett in an effort to restore his body to health, and the important thing is that it exercises (just about) every muscle in the body. Bennett went from being sick and flabby in his 50's to having the body of a very fit 40 yeal old athlete at 66.
He looked much younger than his age and didn't have arteriosclerosis, even though that was setting in in his 50's. This was despite the fact that he didn't pay any attention to his diet and ate whatever he wanted, although this was in the early 1900's when junk food wasn't so toxic/prevalent.

He still looked very young and was very fit at 72, when he died in an accident.

The full set of about 30 exercises takes an hour and mostly consists of body resistance exercises, with some dumbells/ropes thrown in. A nice feature is that they are for "lazy people" and can be done in bed/on a mat. They also exercise the liver and digestive organs (through massage/percussion) which helps a lot with constipation.

For me progress was quick in the first 2 months but now I only do the full set on weekends due to laziness (and tiredness since I still eat too much junk).

I think this set of exercises would be excellent for anybody wanting to be slim and hard muscled, and just generally healthy. It would be a perfect complement to the Wai diet, unfortunately so far I've lacked the willpower/motivation to eat properly for long, but when I do I feel great.

You can find the book and a video of the exercises at http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/bennett.htm
dime

Re: Complete exercise program

Post by dime »

Nice to hear it works for someone :) I considered trying the facial exercises (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2985&p=32127#p32127) but haven't done it yet..
Anyway, pretty much any exercise program will work, as long as you're consistent with it.
Gendi

Post by Gendi »

I've done the full set including the facial exercises. They've filled in the hollows I had in my cheeks which is really nice, but my skin is still a bit dry from too much bad food. I don't bother with Bennett's olive oil face massage though (oil just used as lubricant), maybe that would help fix up my complexion.

Also I think this might be better than most other exercise programs because it's specifically designed to exercise EVERY muscle, and also targets the digestive system to get it functioning properly, but I'm checking out other bodyweight programs now too.
dime

Post by dime »

I've done the full set including the facial exercises. They've filled in the hollows I had in my cheeks which is really nice
Nice!!

So it takes you an hour to do all exercises?
Is it possible to do them faster, i.e. do you wait much from one exercise to the next? 30 exercises x 1 minute sounds like doable, if you don't get rest inbetween.
I don't remember exactly the exercises, but perhaps it's possible to take out some that are overlapping, or replace with some more compound, so that you end up with less exercises in total.

His book was a bit hard to understand sometimes, I couldn't figure out how to do some of the exercises.

Edit: but I just remembered I've seen a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPFDKKXX_8
Are these in the video all the exercises?
Gendi

Post by Gendi »

Haven't actually watched the video yet (on dialup :| ) but plan on dling it sometime.

I also struggled at first to understand some of the exercises, the first few aren't explained so well but after re-reading some pages a few times you'll pick it up. The later exercises in the book are explained more clearly with good pics.

I think some exercises might be left out, some definitely give me more of a burn than others and several overlap, e.g. the arms are worked more than once. I don't know enough about exercising in general to advise you really because this is the first exercise program I've done that's given me good results. I hadn't really taken exercise seriously until quite recently.