possible to reverse caloric restriction?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
liondolphin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

possible to reverse caloric restriction?

Post by liondolphin »

so i have been eating 100% wai for a few years now..

due to financial reasons, i ate very little the past year... i lost about 5kg.. my bmi is 11.4..

i look disgustingly skinny..

i think my body has eaten up all my muscles..

has the damage been done? what are the steps i need to take?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: possible to reverse caloric restriction?

Post by Oscar »

Igsupposeoyouishouldnjustgslowly build up muscle mass by exercising and getting sufficient protein (not excessive, just sufficient). Also, drinkhjuiceytopslowlyogettyour hbodyeusedrtomingestingimorecand more energy. Keep us posted!
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

why not excessive protein? i mean i have been restricting myself from food for too long now, i don't think excessive is gonna hurt?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I meant that more than what you need for maintenance, repair, and new muscle mass isn't useful anyway, not necessarily that it's harmful.
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

but the thing is, i need the new muscle mass! i feel so physically weak.. earlier you saying for me to exercise? i dont think thats a good idea..i need to gain back all 5kg+ of my lost weight..its all abt calories in/out isnt it? if i exercise, i think i will lose even more weight..furthermore i have no stamina/strength to even exercise..
dime

Post by dime »

By exercise I think he means lifting weights which helps build muscle mass, not running around with the goal to lose weight.
Eat as much as you comfortably can (but not more ;-)) and soon your weight will be back to normal.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, that's what I meant. To elaborate a bit more about the protein: it is more important to get all the amino acids than get more protein quantity. If you eat 10x more protein than you'd need for the new muscle mass because of your weightlifting exercises, you will not get more muscle mass than if you'd eat just enough. Hence my "eat sufficient protein, not excessive".

Also, make sure you have sufficient energy at all times, to prevent your body from having to break down muscle mass for energy. This is the easiest with drinking juices with a little bit of (olive) oil (and added sugar).