Eskimos eating mostly protein and fats...

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
kaB00M
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eskimos eating mostly protein and fats...

Post by kaB00M »

Hi everyone. I was recently reading about the diet of some tribes of Eskimos. They only eat raw (semi-raw) fish/meat and fats. How can this be possible? Their carbohydrate consumption is supposed to be around a 15%! This is without a doubt a break of the “Mostly Fruit Theory”. Anyway, I would like to hear from you all.

On a side note, does anyone know if insulin is needed for fat and carbohydrates metabolism?
Thank You
nick

Post by nick »

Well all that extra protein will be converted to sugar-like molecules, therefore taking the place of the sugar. Fat and carbs, both stimulate insulin, but I think sugar stimulates it more.

Raw fish and all the fat probably helps them keep warm. I don't know though.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Like Nick said, all that extra protein will be converted into energy (mostly sugars, because fat is also consumed), so that their energy is derived from both sugar-like and fat-like molecules. (as with the Wai diet)

And yes, all extra energy (fat, sugars, protein, alcohol) that enters the blood stimulates insulin secretion. To what extend insulin secretion is stimulated depends on the size of the overconsumption.