How fast can weight be gained?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
rogii
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: How fast can weight be gained?

Post by rogii »

WOW, Aytundra you make things annoyingly ridiculously overcomplicated.
To gain weight just eat more. Even if you knew all the questions to all the answers you would still not know enough to do the simple right thing would you.
Eat a certain amount of food for a week, if no weight gain add some more next week and repeat till as fat as required and desired.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

This thread pursues to calculate an optimal ratio of foods for weight gain, theoretically.
With supports and reasons as to why it should work theoretically for weight gain.
Doubling things and adding more trial and error style is not theoretical.
Aytundra

Re: How fast can weight be gained? Cholesterol

Post by Aytundra »

I found a half answer to a question! :)
RRM wrote:...How much of the cholesterol absorbed from a meal may end up as bile acid?
1) Approximately 50% of the cholesterol in the intestine is absorbed; the remainder is excreted in feces.J.Iqbal & M.M.Hussain
2) The human diet provides ∼400 mg of cholesterol daily. J.Iqbal & M.M.Hussain
3) The liver secretes ∼1 g daily. J.Iqbal & M.M.Hussain

425.29 mg cholesterol = 33.20 g raw yolk = 2 raw egg yolks (via Wai Calculator[1] USDA),
418.32 mg cholesterol = 33.20 g raw yolk = 2 raw egg yolks (via Wai Calculator[2] Souci)

Here the Wai Calculator shows that 2 raw egg yolks gives about 400 mg of cholesterol.
Thinking logically with the above info, we will need to double the eggs to 4 raw egg yolks to reach what the average human gets of cholesterol from their diets, as 50% of the cholesterol in the intestine gets absorbed.
Going further, we can think that eating up to 10 egg yolks is okay as the liver can handle 1 gram of cholesterol.
So the cholesterol from 4 to 10 egg yolks can be taken.

{Personally I feel the calculator uses a number that is a bit large, 16.6 grams for 1 large egg yolk? The regular sized eggs from my local store, with the bag removed and egg yolks lost {maybe because I am clumsy}, usually yields me 10 g per egg yolk. Which means 16 eggs as a number is not surprising. I have read on the forum that some people eat as many as 20 eggs. Well now one of my curiosity is resolved: It may be very possible that the cholesterol of 20 egg yolks can be processed within average range of human food intakes. Depending on the size of the egg and how clumsy people are in retrieving the amount of egg yolks.}
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:This thread pursues to calculate an optimal ratio of foods for weight gain
You can lose weight and gain weight on any diet out there, regardless of whether high in protein, sugars or fats.
So, there IS no optimal ratio of foods.
All there is is an optimal intake of energy; more energy than required results in weight gain. Less energy than required results in weight loss.