How fast can weight be gained?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Aytundra »

It is common to read about losing X amount in x number of months, but what about weight gain?
Has anyone gained weight? and how fast?, and only with the food items found on the Wai calculator? (no munch, no junk)
dime

Re: How fast can weight be gained?

Post by dime »

It's very hard actually, depending on whether you are skinny or fat naturally.
For me it's really really hard to do it with 100% wai, probably impossible. But also with junk food it would take me a long time to add 5kg, like year(s).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It also very much depends on how you want to gain weight.
Do you want to be ripped? or may be you dont mind being bulky?
Overloading on protein and energy in general, it will be much easier to gain muscle weight in comparison to eating in accordance with your protein and energy requirements.
Going bulky, it is not that hard to gain 5 kg.
Staying ripped, it is A LOT harder.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote:For me it's really really hard to do it with 100% wai, probably impossible.
Oh, c'est impossible!
but why impossible?
dime wrote:But also with junk food it would take me a long time to add 5kg, like year(s).
1 yr! 5 kg, that is long.......so long...
you must have ate very little junk, or inferior junk like veggies with fibers.

RRM wrote:It also very much depends on how you want to gain weight.
Do you want to be ripped? or may be you dont mind being bulky?
I am thinking purely weight gain.
I don't think the bathroom scale judges on whether the muscles are ripped or bulky.

In my opinion there are two distinct concepts/layers here:
Ripped and bulky is the second part of weight gain.
Moving numbers on a scale is first part of weight gain.
RRM wrote:Overloading on protein and energy in general, it will be much easier to gain muscle weight in comparison to eating in accordance with your protein and energy requirements.
Overloading,
but we know overloading a shelf with books bends the wooden boards.

What about staying within the manufacture's calculated recommended limits for the shelf?
RRM wrote:Going bulky, it is not that hard to gain 5 kg. Staying ripped, it is A LOT harder.
Second part.
Tackle first part.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:I am thinking purely weight gain.
Oh, thats easy.
Just combine sugar with fat, and more than you need.
No fiber.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:I am thinking purely weight gain.
Oh, thats easy.
Just combine sugar with fat, and more than you need.
No fiber.
Heaping sugars and fats onto a shelf might overload a shelf causing wooden planks to bend.
But ignoring the overloading factor,
How fast can sugar and fat cause an overload? If all the sugars are in grains and all the fats in drops?
Loading books might be faster in overloading a shelf.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra, can you please be more specific regarding the desire to gain weight?
Is it a hypothetical question / a real desire / for yourself?
What is the purpose of this weight gain?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Shelf = Body.
Average Body of a Human has 5 L of blood.
Sugar
Waiwiki wrote:Glucose levels in the blood are also maintained within a relatively narrow margin. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the brain. When glucose levels are too low, you will faint. A range 70 to 99 mg/dl before a meal is normal. Levels of 101–125 mg/dl may be an indication of possible prediabetes. Levels over 126 mg/dl constitute a risk of diabetes. After a 12‑hour fast, a range of 70.2 to 100 mg/dl is normal; a level of 100 to 126 mg/dl is considered a sign of prediabetes. A level of less than 140 mg/dl, 90 minutes after a meal is considered normal.[25] 24 hours serum glucose fluctuations may be about 100% maximally. Fasting serum glucose levels may fluctuate 39%. Taking also in consideration that the total amount of sugar in the blood is only 5 grams (2 sugar packets for coffee or tea) [26], the role of sugar in water retention in the skin is negligible. http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php?title=Skin_laxity
Glucose --> coverted to average blood levels, to understand more easily. (I hope math is right. Sorry if there are any errors.)
70 to 99 mg/dl before a meal is normal. --> 3500 to 4950 mg / 5 L blood --> 350 to 495 g/ 5 L blood = 140 - 198 sugar packets
101–125 mg/dl may be an indication of possible prediabetes. --> 5050 to 6250 mg / 5 L blood --> 505 to 625 g / 5 L blood = 202 - 330.8 sugar packets
Levels over 126 mg/dl constitute a risk of diabetes. --> 6300 mg / 5 L blood --> 630g/ 5 L blood = 252 sugar packets
After a 12‑hour fast, a range of 70.2 to 100 mg/dl is normal --> 3510 to 5000 mg / 5 L blood --> 351 to 500 g / 5 L blood = 140.4 - 200 sugar packets
After a 12‑hr fast, ...; a level of 100 to 126 mg/dl is considered a sign of prediabetes. 5000 to 6300 mg / 5 L blood --> 500g to 630g / 5 L blood = 200 - 252 sugar packets
A level of less than 140 mg/dl, 90 minutes after a meal is considered normal. --> 7000 mg / 5 L blood --> 700g / 5 L blood = 280 sugar packets
Taking also in consideration that the total amount of sugar in the blood is only 5 grams (2 sugar packets for coffee or tea) [26]

If sugar/ calories (like oils) are consumed on this diet. How much can be loaded at once? Without encountering problems.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:If sugar/ calories (like oils) are consumed on this diet. How much can be loaded at once? Without encountering problems.
If your liver-glycogen store is empty,
you can easily consume 100 grams of pure white sugar in one sitting, to replenish liver glycogen.
If your liver glycogen store is full, you should not consume any sugar.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:If your liver glycogen store is full, you should not consume any sugar.
Where do I buy a liver-stethoscope? :wink:
So if you exercise, than sugar can be consumed in volumes right after.
But is there a limit for kidneys? for sugars or calories or oils.
dime

Post by dime »

RRM wrote:If your liver glycogen store is full, you should not consume any sugar.
But than you wouldn't gain (fat) weight?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote:
If the liver glycogen store is full, does that mean we should not consume any fats, oils or proteins either? for weight gain?
(as fats, oils and proteins like sugars have calories too.)
dime

Post by dime »

Ah yes, then eating extra fat would work better. Although there is a limit on how much fat you can digest. Be careful of steatorrhea, especially avoid too much nuts as a fat source. Perhaps the best way is combining fat and carbs (to spike insulin which will store fat to adipose tissue)?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

But if lipids are to be added. I came across reading this on Wai wiki:
WaiWiki wrote:Ghrelin (stimulating appetite) is similarly suppressed by lipid and protein, but duodenal lipid more profoundly stimulates plasma PYY as compared to the effects of protein on PYY. Neither intraduodenal lipid nor protein affects plasma leptin.http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php?title=Weight_loss
[47] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25568079
duodenal lipid? Does this mean no chocolate, no avocado, no oils...etc, just to be on the safe side of not trying to gain PYY? as to help gain weight?
No wonder there is the french paradox, chocolate.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:
Im sorry, i wasn't clear.
When glycogen depots are full, additional sugar consumption will result in storage of glucose as glycerol in triglycerides, in the blood and adipose fat.
And yes, eating fat would be better at that point, because additional sugar would de-sensitize the insulin system.
And, yes particularly the combination of fat and sugars may result in weight gain.
Aytundra wrote:
WaiWiki wrote:Ghrelin (stimulating appetite) is similarly suppressed by lipid and protein, but duodenal lipid more profoundly stimulates plasma PYY as compared to the effects of protein on PYY. Neither intraduodenal lipid nor protein affects plasma leptin.http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php?title=Weight_loss
[47] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25568079
duodenal lipid? Does this mean no chocolate, no avocado, no oils...etc, just to be on the safe side of not trying to gain PYY? as to help gain weight?
No wonder there is the french paradox, chocolate.
It just says that duodenal lipids more profoundly stimulates PYY than protein does.
Not that duodenal lipids prevent weight gain...