maltodextrin, starch instead of saccharose with oil?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Roland
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

maltodextrin, starch instead of saccharose with oil?

Post by Roland »

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and gotta ask you guys some questions. Hope you can help me out :-)

Well, I do 3-4 times a week my practice in ashtanga vinyasa yoga (it's a very powerful and acrobatic style of yoga - for further info here is a site of an ashtanga freak: http://www.ashtangayoga.info)

My problem or my question is: For refilling my muscle-glycogen I use your combination. But when I combine sugar(saccharose= glukose & fructose)) or glukose (dextrose) with oil, i get fat tissue. With high insulin levels, I think, fat goes much easier into the cell ...

Clean starch (it is without fat or protein and can be bought in every supermarket) is a complex carb and i thought it could be a solution instead of fat & simple sugars.

Another carb is Maltodextrin, enzymatically made from starch. Maltodextrin is also longer than simple carbs, but a little shorter than starch; anyway, both of them don't trigger the insulin level that high as clean dextro or sugar.

So what do you think of clean starch and maltodextrin?
Or clean fructose, witch is processed by the liver? So without insulin..

Thanks a lot for your time & greetings from Berlin :-)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Roland, willkommen to the forum. :)

The goal is indeed to keep the insulin use as low as possible. Starch is nothing more than long chains of glucose molecules. This means it taxes the insulin system more than simple sugars.

Here is a topic which might answer your question.

What diet do you follow?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Oscar wrote:willkommen
show off :P
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Roland!

My family is from Berlin too... on my father's side. It's so nice to see other Berliners here on the forum. I would welcome you in German (Berliner slang) but I won't because this is an English-speaking forum and I wouldn't want the likes of Cairidh calling me a show-off. :wink:

How's Berlin these days? My favourite city in the world.... are you going to be there during the madness of the World Cup football?

-Carla
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

the madness of the World Cup football
I can't wait!

Both my roomate and one of my friends are going, and I'm really jealous.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Oscar wrote:Hello Roland, willkommen to the forum. :)

The goal is indeed to keep the insulin use as low as possible. Starch is nothing more than long chains of glucose molecules. This means it taxes the insulin system more than simple sugars.

Here is a topic which might answer your question.

What diet do you follow?
Hi Oscar,

I was the last 3 years on raw food. First year strictly vegan. Did not work out for me. I added extra vergine oil, eggyolk and fish, but still not suffcient. Last, third year eat mostly fruits & salads and sashimi & meat (filet, tartar & cold air dried meat). Since this winter, I'm back on "cooked". That means: raw + sports food (clean processes aminos and carbs - maltodextrine, frcutose, starch)
Roland

Post by Roland »

CurlyGirl wrote:Hi Roland!

My family is from Berlin too... on my father's side. It's so nice to see other Berliners here on the forum. I would welcome you in German (Berliner slang) but I won't because this is an English-speaking forum and I wouldn't want the likes of Cairidh calling me a show-off. :wink:

How's Berlin these days? My favourite city in the world.... are you going to be there during the madness of the World Cup football?

-Carla
Hi Carla,

I'm not a genuine Berliner, but live here already for 2 big years. I'm a Prenzlberger but love Kreuzberg too. Berlin is really beautiful in spring and summer :-)

Helmholtzplatz says hi! :-)
Roland

Re: maltodextrin, starch instead of sacchrose with oil?

Post by Roland »

RRM, what do you think of maltodextrine, fructose and clean starch?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Roland wrote:I was the last 3 years on raw food. First year strictly vegan. Did not work out for me. I added extra vergine oil, eggyolk and fish, but still not sufficient.
Not sufficient of what?

Did you find your answer in the other topic?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Roland

Yes, Berlin is absolutely stunning in spring and summer... my uncle Günther has a yacht that he moors at Teufelssee, and we go sailing on it during the summer. It's glorious. :-)
Roland

Post by Roland »

Oscar wrote:
Roland wrote:I was the last 3 years on raw food. First year strictly vegan. Did not work out for me. I added extra vergine oil, eggyolk and fish, but still not sufficient.
Not sufficient of what?
The pallette of food was not sufficient, had to add some raw meat.
Oscar wrote:Did you find your answer in the other topic?
Well, there is nothing there about malotdextrine. And with clean starch I feel really balanced. With glucose/saccharose and oil I couldn't find a constant feeling (bloodsugar level) as with starch.... Maybe I don't have the discipline, but with clean starch I just take some spoons, mix it with water/juice (sometimes with maltodetrine-depends on my activity level or "burning level" )) and don't think much about it... but with sugar and oil I had to think all the time about drinking.... so my whole day circulated around the bottle of juice with sugar and oil.... with starch I feel free.... Again, maybe I have no discipline...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I know there's nothing there about maltodextrin, but there is enough info about balancing sugars with fats. As I explained earlier, starch is mainly lots of glucose, so not balancing it with enough fats will certainly tax your insulin system a lot. But if you don't mind wearing out your Isles of Langerhans, I guess it could work.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Oscar wrote:I know there's nothing there about maltodextrin, but there is enough info about balancing sugars with fats. As I explained earlier, starch is mainly lots of glucose, so not balancing it with enough fats will certainly tax your insulin system a lot. But if you don't mind wearing out your Isles of Langerhans, I guess it could work.
Oscar,

thanks, my pancreas is fine, enzymaticly and hormonally :-)
As long as I'm burning the energy intake, my pancreas should be ok, I guess... By the way, insulin is THE anabolic hormon, it transports the nutrients to the cell. It stops the catabolic process, so WE NEED INSULIN for building up muscles. But it also transports the fat into the cell! This is the reason I am asking you (or RRM) why this combination with fat, I was visibly putting a tiny ring around my hips with this combination, maybe its genetically :-) or, I repeat, I do not have the discipline ....

In my first posting I was asking for some infos about the other kinds of sugars, like maltodextrine, starch and fructose. There are all natural, as insuline :-) You can find starch in the cereals, but also in (not fully ripped) bananas, or in carrots and other "sweet" vegetables. Just drink their juices .... (Norman Walker loved the carrot juice)

So I could ask instead: Is it ok to mix carrot juice (starch) with oil? What abou maltodextrine? What about fructose?

I am not asking about alkohol-sugars -like sorbit-, contained in figs, apples, cherrish etc, cause I have an intolerance to this sugar. I get bloated and cramps from these fruits. So I can eat or drink only the subtropical fruits (the exotic ones)

I hope RRM or Wai have time to answer this questions... Or, do you think they read this posting?

C ya

r.

Please, RRM or Way, help me out with my dilemmas :-)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm pretty sure Wai doesn't read the forum, and if she does, she hardly posts anything. RRM is super-busy at the moment, so he's on only sparingly.

I'll try to answer soon (or maybe Nick or someone else can), but I need some sleep now. :?