appetite

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

appetite

Post by kylecortez »

In fact, being muscled stimulates your appetite because muscles use sugars/carbs for energy. The more muscles, the sooner your blood-glucose level goes down, increasing your appetite
I found this on Wai's website. Is this really what happens with an increase in muscle? It starts stealing sugars for energy and makes you hypoglycemic? I have genes that are extremeley hospitable for muscle growth and i know alot about physiology. As much as i would like to be msucular, i cant put up with the increase in appetite that accompanies it. Alls i ever want to do is eat when I work out! Is this the main reason for the appetite increase is that muscles will put you into low blood sugar quicker? I remember wai also said that being muscular stimulates your carbohydrate appetite in particular.
nick

Re: appetite

Post by nick »

kylecortez wrote: I found this on Wai's website. Is this really what happens with an increase in muscle? It starts stealing sugars for energy and makes you hypoglycemic?
I think stealing is the wrong wording. Since you increased your body mass, and muscles need energy, mostly sugars, then you need more calories to feed your growing body. Your appetite should increase in order to satisfy the need.
I have genes that are extremeley hospitable for muscle growth and i know alot about physiology. As much as i would like to be msucular, i cant put up with the increase in appetite that accompanies it. Alls i ever want to do is eat when I work out! Is this the main reason for the appetite increase is that muscles will put you into low blood sugar quicker?
I guess it depends how much muscle mass you put on that will determine your 'apetiteness'. RRM would know, as he works out and could tell you more about it while following this diet.
I remember wai also said that being muscular stimulates your carbohydrate appetite in particular.
Sugar is the main fuel for muscle.
kylecortez

got it

Post by kylecortez »

hats off to Wai again! I could never quite figure out why i had the appetite of a monster when i was lifting weights, and now the muscle hypertrophy-blood sugar demand relationship explains it all. genius!
kylecortez

one more thing

Post by kylecortez »

Im curious. When the muscles hypertrophy somewhat significantly, will they compete with the brain for serum glucose? Or does the body insure the brain's glucose needs are met and then begin to feed the muscles with whats left
nick

Post by nick »

As I understand it, your appetite increases to supply the increased demand of sugar from your muscles. So you will still get enough for your brain, but you need to eat more to fuel your muscles.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

When the muscles hypertrophy somewhat significantly, will they compete with the brain for serum glucose? Or does the body insure the brain's glucose needs are met and then begin to feed the muscles with whats left
Thats a good question Kyle. I've noticed the same thing, that it's harder to study when ive ben lifting a lot. I think a lot of it has to do with blood sugar levels more easily fluctuating when there is a lot of muscle beyond the body's basic needs.