eating more > protein synthesis

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

eating more > protein synthesis

Post by kylecortez »

Nick, I am assuming that in addition to needing to eat more to supply more sugar to your muscles, the increased levels of protein synthesis in bigger muscles will also increase the appetite as well since you need more substrate to create the new contractile proteins.

I also think that the biggest stimulus for appetite is mental in nature. When alot of us start lifting, basically we know if we eat more, well get stronger and bigger, which is basically true. These type of thoughts are a powerful appetite stimulant.
nick

Re: yep

Post by nick »

kylecortez wrote:Nick, I am assuming that in addition to needing to eat more to supply more sugar to your muscles, the increased levels of protein synthesis in bigger muscles will also increase the appetite as well since you need more substrate to create the new contractile proteins.
Exactly! And the body's craving for more food is increased.
I also think that the biggest stimulus for appetite is mental in nature. When alot of us start lifting, basically we know if we eat more, well get stronger and bigger, which is basically true. These type of thoughts are a powerful appetite stimulant.
True, but lets say I wasn't working out and I was cutting down a tree or building a house, then my energy needs would go up without me consciously thinking that I need more. Your body gets stronger becuase of the work and the need for more energy is natural thing that happens.

With lifting, we know what we want and what we need to do. Eating more food will happen naturally, but the mentality of eating more to gain mass is definitely emphasized. But, eating more food, you'll put on more fat as well, due to bigger meals.

I guess with the Wai diet, since you'll always be sipping some juice or eating some fruit, you'll keep your sugar-level stable throughout the workout. So after the workout you won't eat a big meal compared to a normal diet.
kylecortez

diabetes

Post by kylecortez »

Nick. Diabetes and obesity run in my family. When I start lifting, i can very well risk becoming a diabetic from overfeeding on carbohydrates. And like I said, mentally, we tend to eat more if we are gaining. Me thinks I should stay away from it and keep tight regulation of my food intake so I don't risk becoming a diabetic. I've been getting the hypoglycemia headaches/shakes alot latley, so i need to start cutting back a little.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BTW, I forgot to mention that your focus will be fab with more fat/protein in spite of keeping large muscle mass.
nick

Post by nick »

If you make sure to add enough oil to your juice/fruit and eat when your hungry you shouldn't be having sugar lows. It's about energy management.