A great way to support each other!

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles

How often do you exercise while being on Wai's diet?

3-5 days per week of weigth training plus three times per week of cardio
25%
2-3 days per week of weight training plus three times of cardio
17%
3-5 days per week cardio
8%
I am a professional sportsperson
No votes
I am an amateur bodybuilder
8%
I try to organize sports activities during weekends
8%
I rarely exercise, and feel fine because I eat the Wai way
33%

Total votes: 12
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

RRM is pretty strong...here's a pic of his fridge:

zazuna

Post by zazuna »

*hysteric laughter*

Hi all,

*laughter is continuing*
*still...laughing*

Hi, I hope RRM does not regret sharing his story with us but it is hillarious :D . On the other hand, I think that Wai diet does not require such a big fridge. :idea: So I am almost sure that it was a "wai" fridge, for a dozen of eggs and a fish fillet. Some juice maybe. I actually noticed that, except for eggs, I do not use my fridge much (especially since I cannot find any fresh fish around).

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all that I am hanging in there--the first day is going smoooothly. I beat my craving for rice today, so I am celebrating :mrgreen:

Masha
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Yay Masha! Well done for conquering the rice gremlins... you will keep it up, I am sure!

*rolling on the floor laughing about RRM's fridge*
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

:lol:
ROFL!

Oscar is pulling leggs yet again!

Same here: I use my fridge just for the fish. It's not that hot here so eggs stay outside...I plug my fridge in when i buy fish! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zazuna wrote:
Hi, I hope RRM does not regret sharing his story with us but it is hillarious :D
No regrets at all. Im proud of my stubborn and somewhat idiotic personality.
Here's another one:
I have this urge to cycle fast once Im on my way, and like many guys I have this competitive behaviour (competition for nothing, about nothing). One day a collegue pointed out to me that he had seen me cycling back home after work. He had been sitting in the tram, and had been trying to get my attention by knocking on the window, but I was far to busy outracing the tram...

And indeed, I have to admit that the fridge is quite small (I hope that doesnt spoil the story)...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:
10 minutes! Whoa! That is precision!

Do you do different muscle groups each day? Is 10 minutes enough for you?
One muscle group per day. I do only 2 sets. Its enough as long as you make your muscles burn with each set.
Maintaining muscles is at least as much about giving your muscles sufficient rest so that they can fully recover, as it is about 'making them hurt'; its about the balance.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My fridge is rather big (though not as big as the one in the pic, hehe), unfortunately, with a separate freezer on top. I only use the fridge for fish and to keep lemon. I've turned it down to the minimum, but if I have to buy a new one, next time I'll buy the smallest one I can find!

Ah yeah, racing the tram...that sounds familiar... ;)

Only two sets? Hmm, so how many repetitions per set? Lots of weight and few repetitions, or little weight and lots of repetitions?

And which muscle groups do you train?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar is pretty funny...here's a pic of his fridge:

zazuna

Post by zazuna »

A strange fridge it is!!! :lol:
Oscar, you should definitely buy a new one :mrgreen:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL!

Oh yeah, that was from the time I smashed that rat on the door of the freezer...after I peeled it off we grilled it and ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti... ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

:lol:

FAVA BEANS!!!!

ooh WINE!!!!

I must agree with other wai-farians that I really love this forum. I have really enjoyed learning and hope to keep on aiming for good health and nutrition. To do this and with LAUGHTER :D What a gift!

Oscar you are so funny!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks! :) You're doing a pretty good job yourself! I agree of course, laughter makes learning easier. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:
Only two sets? Hmm, so how many repetitions per set? Lots of weight and few repetitions, or little weight and lots of repetitions?
The weights I use (of course differing per muscle group) allow a maximum of something like 20 to 50 repetitions. It needs to be light enough to make your exercise precise enough (not needing help from 'supporting muscles')
It needs to be heavy enough so that it definitely makes your muscles burn as hell within a minute or 2. (then a few minutes rest and the second set)
And which muscle groups do you train?
The 3 sections of the shoulder-muscles separately, the biceps, the upper part of the outer triceps. All separately, of course.
Next to those I also do pushups and pull ups (wide and narrow). (also on separate days)
I used to do also buttocks (upper section), but I dont need to anymore because making big steps while working (im mainly a food-runner) is more effective.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ahh ok cool, so lots of reps. :)

Aren't push-ups actually using more muscles than one? I thought the pectorals, deltoids and triceps were all used?
nick

Post by nick »

yeah, I know a kid who got freakin' ripped just doing pull-ups and push-ups.