A great way to support each other!

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles

How often do you exercise while being on Wai's diet?

3-5 days per week of weigth training plus three times per week of cardio
25%
2-3 days per week of weight training plus three times of cardio
17%
3-5 days per week cardio
8%
I am a professional sportsperson
No votes
I am an amateur bodybuilder
8%
I try to organize sports activities during weekends
8%
I rarely exercise, and feel fine because I eat the Wai way
33%

Total votes: 12
rafaelo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by rafaelo »

hey, you remembered!
you do not want to know where i've been.

since early february, i fell off the wagon.
i never was a hardcrore wai dieter. it seemed impossible to keep up for me.
for about six months (before february), i ate mostly fruits w/ fat, raw salmon, but the occassional munchfoods. my skin would break out with a few small pimples, but nothing major. the problem was, i wasn't eating enough.

so one day, i get home from work. and there's all this leftover fried chicken. i just started pigging out!! and for the next 3 weeks, i just ate as much junk as i could. and for some reason i felt happier. but i continually craved it. almost every meal for a month was complete junk. surprisingly, i didn't break out at all. if anything, my skin started to clear up. i kept having this recurring thought, "i'm too old for acne. i'm too old for acne."

anyway, the major binge ended. in about a month, i gained 8 pounds. but my eating patterns were hard to change. or maybe i didn't want to change them. part of the reason that kept me on the wai diet , so easily, was in fear i would break out. but that wasn't the case anymore. the weight loss was a nice side effect, but i was doing it primarily for skin reasons, and was never able to fully realize that.

to make a long story short (too late), i'm here to lose weight. i've gained about 10 pounds total in four months. i'm having a few minor pimples, but that may be due to the weather change. i don't like the way i'm eating, and want to get back to the way i used to eat, but with more calories, so i don't run in to some of the same old problems again.

anyway, corrine, pm me with your email and i'll send you some pics , if you'd like.
johndela1

Re: thanks

Post by johndela1 »

zazuna wrote: Wow, I did not realize that many of you look and feel great without exercising most of the time. I usually do 4 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio each week, it helps me emotionally most of all.
I recomend you consider adding stretching. In my opinin, stretching isn't just something to be done for a few minutes after (or worse before) exercise it is my main program and I simply wieght train to balance the flexibility. I don't expect everyone to do what I do, but at least consider the value of maintaining (and probably gaining) range of motion.

What has given me by far the most results is something called resistance stretching. You can read about it here: http://www.meridianstretching.com/

Since I have been doing this I have been gaining by leaps and bounds. I just started with this method a few months ago and can now get into the full lotus (a yoga posture) which I have never gotten into since I started stretching several years ago.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

rafaelo wrote:rrm, am i getting this right? two sets of only one exercise per day. 20-50 reps/ set. and on which days do you do pullups and pushups? each on seperate days? or both on the same day?
Yes. Everything on seperate days.
Training a specific muscle intensively does not require a high frequency at all; once a week is more than enough. (I do every exercise only once in every 9 days, as there are 9 different exercises for me)
huntress

Post by huntress »

RRM, do you do rock climbing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

no...
I do like it though; used to do it once when I was in Norway; its a great feeling.