A great way to support each other!

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles

How often do you exercise while being on Wai's diet?

3-5 days per week of weigth training plus three times per week of cardio
25%
2-3 days per week of weight training plus three times of cardio
17%
3-5 days per week cardio
8%
I am a professional sportsperson
No votes
I am an amateur bodybuilder
8%
I try to organize sports activities during weekends
8%
I rarely exercise, and feel fine because I eat the Wai way
33%

Total votes: 12
zazuna
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

A great way to support each other!

Post by zazuna »

Hi to all Wai-diet followers,

I am using this discussion board for the first time although I have found about about the diet in January. So, in other words, I am a Beginner. But I would like to be more proactive in changing my lifestyle. Here is my message for today.

I have signed up for a free weigthloss program on sparkpeople.com. They can accomodate one's fitness preferences as well as diet preferences (for example, I checked boxes in order to exclude all kinds of meat, tofu from my nutrition program) and it is cutomizable--for example, you can create your own nutritional goals: eat 4 egg yolks per day.
This is the most user friendly program I have found so far and it will be a good way to support and motivate each other.
I also like all sorts of online fitness regimens(especially free ones :lol:). Since January, I have been following a fitness program from freetrainers.com. The most enlightening moment was to finally figure out how to use all those machines and dumbells in the gym.
Sparkpeople program also has such a fitness program. We know thanks to Wai how to eat well but regular exercise is also key so I hope the group I created on sparkpeople (by the way, the name of the group is Wai's Way--you'll be able to search for it among other groups upon signing up for a program) will help us integrate regular exercise with good nutrition into our lives.

Zazuna
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Zazuna, welcome on the forum. :)

Well at the moment I don't really exercise that much, aside from some walking and biking. Now that the season has started I'm going to play tennis from time to time, and I'm still thinking about starting to run again. Nothing fancy and regularly I suppose...
nick

Post by nick »

I'm running a mile every other day or so. I've started weight lifting so we'll see how the goes with the diet. It feels good to make your body look its best.
zazuna

thanks

Post by zazuna »

Thanks for replying guys,

Oscar--how long have you been on Wai's diet (you seem like a veteran with 400+ posts on the forum :shock: ) and what do you think are the most important exercises--cardio or weight lifting--while on Wai's diet?

Nick-thanks for replying, I hope you will enjoy combining both the diet and the exercise, let me know if you think active people need more special approach to exercising while on the diet?

I did not feel like posting today because I could not keep my diet up. It is a crazy week for me that is coming, just this one week, one big deadline looming on April 14th? Do you think I should not risk coming off the diet and postpone it till after April 14th?
Actually, this must be just my old thinking habit. I will try once more tomorrow. It should work, I know. The longest I have ever followed Wai's diet was 6 days, I felt great but I started being concerned with bird flu. In Bulgaria, there were some cases of wild bird deaths from this virus and I stopped buying eggs. To my regret, I can never find fresh fish here, it is always frozen:(
I will buy eggs tomorrow, no matter what.

Taking into account my important deadline, it would actually be great I could stick to Wai's diet--I have so much concentration and energy on it.

I guess I am just writing all this to put my thougths on ...well computer screen. Wish me good luck.

By the way, if any of you had trouble joining the sparkpeople.com group, here is the code 74VA4X7E22SJ3IQ1NZPSB31W97M2JN you can search the group with this code.

Today, I was even able to change my breakfast meal plan on sparkpeople.com form SAD meals to banana kiwi and olive oil--the nutrient calculator said that both banana and kixi had 1 gram of protein each. Is this really true? In this case, this must be enough, right? Especially if I eat 2-3 kgs of fruit per day.

Wow, I did not realize that many of you look and feel great without exercising most of the time. I usually do 4 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio each week, it helps me emotionally most of all.

Ok, cheers everybody, hope to hear from you all

Zazuna
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hi Zazuna,

I used to NEED to run and do Yoga (intense Iyengar style) but since I'm on the diet I feel no real need anymore for these activities. I still practice yoga once a week. I'm more supple and energetic now.
I bike a lot though, but I don't consider this sport as it it my main means of transportation...but it's something!

About bird flu... did you read some of the articles on this board? I don't think it's worth worrying or depriving ourselves of raw egg yolks!
zazuna

Thanks Corinne!

Post by zazuna »

Thanks Corinne,

I actually did find the thread about bird flu and egg yolks consumption so I feel better now. Besides, Bulgaria is handling the whole situation with the flu very well, not like Azerbaidjan where bad coordination among health and emergency organs led to a couple of human deaths. A friend of mine from Azerbaijan was treating me to some pastry that her mother sent her (well, that was not Wai I know: :roll: ) and they were made without eggs--people are so scared there.

Well, I will see how my body reacts to the diet--whether it needs more sport activity or less. Biking is nice but all people in the Netherlands do it, right? Must be a healthier nation compared to others (well, excluding the Chinese, and who else bikes instead of using other forms of transport)... Is it so?

Thanks so much for the support. You all are so great!

Zazuna
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

You're welcome!
And yes most people do bike in the Netherlands! I for example have 3 bikes: one in Utrecht, one in the Hague and one in Amsterdam because I go to all these cities and want to have a bike when I arrive!
I heard biking is decreasing in China. Pitty.
zazuna

Post by zazuna »

Wow, Corinne, you make me feel like getting that bike back from my friend and going straight to the mountain biking lane.
It sounds logical--to want to have a bike in each city, but still kind of striking. Well, that's better than a car, for sure.
My boyfriend also became bike-addicted and plans to buy a bike for me when I join him in the States this summer. But I have to use this chance to persuade him sign up for balldancing with me :D haha

Anyway, physical activity is great, while my diet starts tomorrow and I need all the willpower I have, so good luck to me...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yeah, my bike is my best friend (im a sad person, I know); thats all the transportation you need in Amsterdam (I even moved my refrigerator on it!, and chairs, table etc).
The only exercise I need (since running around all day as a waiter) is lifting weights for 10 minutes every day, and stretching.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, (real sad) RRM is the real veteran here...the number of posts don't correlate to the time spent on the diet otherwise. ;) I have been on the diet for about 7 months now, but I have years experience in teasing and joking. :)

As for exercises, I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. For endurance go with cardio, and for muscles lift weights.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Zazuna ~ My boyfriend (fiance, really) is also obsessed with bikes! Haha, he just built me a very nice new mountain bike, because my old frame was just a bit too small for me. It's been so rainy lately that we haven't been able to ride. Maybe this summer I'll begin riding to work - it's only about 3-4 miles which isn't too far when you're on a bike. I want to get my fiance to take ballroom dancing with me as well! How funny :lol: Tonight we're going to the theater to watch a new movie called "Take the Lead" that is about ballroom dancing, with Antonio Banderas. I'm hoping it will inspire him to want to take classes with me, so it had better be good! :P If you'll be moving to Santa Cruz, CA I could tell you where you can take lessons. :D Good luck with staying on the diet, Zazuna! You can do it :wink:

~Amber
nick

Post by nick »

RRM wrote:Yeah, my bike is my best friend (im a sad person, I know); thats all the transportation you need in Amsterdam (I even moved my refrigerator on it!, and chairs, table etc).
The only exercise I need (since running around all day as a waiter) is lifting weights for 10 minutes every day, and stretching.
10 minutes! Whoa! That is precision!

Do you do different muscle groups each day? Is 10 minutes enough for you?
zazuna

Post by zazuna »

RRM, I spent quite some time picturing how you could move your fridge on the bicycle. Thanks for sharing about your best friend!!! :D It's cute!

Amber, I kept giggling while reading your post. Tell me, it is so difficult to inspire guys to dance. Biking is fine, but not ballroom dancing. Whyy? Well, you have to let me know how the movie goes--was it any good?

By the way, my day 1 is going perfectly, thank you all for support. Thanks to you and all the entertainment on this forum, I am enjoying the transition.

Oscar, thanks for advice. I hope you liked the pictures :) Paka!

Masha
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Let's just note here that RRM's fridge was most likely a European size one!
It's hard to imagine moving an american fridge on a bike, even a Dutch bike, though not impossible! :P
huntress

Post by huntress »

I'm picturing.....RRM balancing it on his head while cycling..... 8)

Oh I've been watching too many Cirque Du Soleil shows! No offence RRM! :wink: