I need to gain weight!!!!

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
kaB00M
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I need to gain weight!!!!

Post by kaB00M »

Before everything: I would like to say Thank You for the Wai Team.
Also, I would like to say "Hi" to all the members of this board. As you probably has noticed, I'm new here and this is my first post. I been browsing the boards for about half a year, but I never felt the need to post since most of my questions were anwsered by you in previous post. But today I decided to join the community.

So, my qestion is:

Does the body has a maximun of weight it can gain on a raw diet? I ask this question because I had been struglin to gain some weight over 145 pounds. If I eat less than usual, I loose weight easyly. But, :cool: no matter how much juice I drink, I can only gain up to 145.

Is my only option to weight train?

I'm 5'8" and like I said before 145 pounds (very skinny, I know). I drink about a gallon and a 1/2 a day of orange juice, 5 eggs, and some bananas, olive oil.

Thank You
RRM
Administrator

Re: I need to gain weight!!!!

Post by RRM »

Hi kaBOOM,
Welcome!

Does the body has a maximun of weight it can gain on a raw diet?
Yes, on ANY diet.
What that weight is, differs per person, of course, and depends on the conditions.
Is my only option to weight train?
That depends on what you want.
Do you want muscles or fat, or both?
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

I've got 30 lbs I could donate. ;)
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
kaB00M

Post by kaB00M »

Ijust want "healthyweight".I guess that is muscle weight.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, if you want extra weight in muscles, you will need to exercises specifically designed to gain muscle weight.
Essential in gaining muscle weight, is preventing the breakdown of muscles for energy, which happens every second that your blood energy level is decreased. So, you need to learn to recognise a decrease in blood-energy level, and you need to learn to always act upon it.
This may take a while, because we are so much accustomed to a diet of a few big meals a day.

Please first read about this in the old board:
http://www.waitalk.com/cgi-bin/bb/ultim ... =forum;f=8
kaB00M

Post by kaB00M »

Maybe I'm spanning, but anyway:

Any tips on how should I weight train? I'm going for the "Brad Pitt Fight Club Body." Any comments?

By the way, do you think movie stars are on a raw diet? I heard Demi Moore is, or was...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I heard Woody Harrelson is/was too, but I doubt it's the Wai diet. Probably "just" the raw food diet. :)
kaB00M

Post by kaB00M »

"I heard Woody Harrelson is/was too, but I doubt it's the Wai diet. Probably "just" the raw food diet."

WhaT!! :roll: What a waste of time and effort...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its hard to become a pumped up bodybuilder with this diet, but for the "Brad Pitt Fight Club Body" look, this diet suits perfectly.

The best way to gain the right muscles and not the ones you dont want, is by training in such a way that your waist is minimally burdened / your waist-muscles need to work as little as possible, because otherwise exercising will make you look more sturdy (not 'fight club')

The exercises required are so called isolation exercises, by which you only use the muscles that you actually want to be bigger, and have to make sure you are not using much of the 'supportive muscles' (such as those around your waist)
kaB00M

Post by kaB00M »

So your saying I should not do any abdominal exercises. Please explain, whenever you have time.
Thank You very much.
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

do you have a good link to some of these exercises?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

kaBOOM:
So your saying I should not do any abdominal exercises.
You can do them, but only the area that you want to increase in volume. This will never be the lower abdominal section (nobody wants a bigger belly), but it may be the upper abdominals.
If you don't have a sixpack, you have fat on top of those muscles, because EVERYBODY has a sixpack, even the fattest people. But not in everybody this sixpack is visible; in most people it is covered under fat.
All you need to do, is to remove the fat on top.
Once you have done that, you can decide which abdominals you want to see bigger.

rafaelo:
do you have a good link to some of these exercises
No, I don't. But they must be out there.
Most sites will probably focus on 'bodybuilding' in the sense of creating muscle mass. So, you should look for sites where the focus is not on that kind of a body. You can probably see it right away, by the pictures they show you.
why don't you look them up?, and when you see an exercise that you think might be okay, you ask me.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote: All you need to do, is to remove the fat on top.
In your opinion RRM, is doing sit-ups the best way to remove the fat?
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:In your opinion RRM, is doing sit-ups the best way to remove the fat?
No.
The ONLY way to remove fat (through exercise) is by reducing your overall fat deposits, hoping that your target area will slim down too.
Thats is because you cannot tell the body where it needs to take away spare fat. You can only make your body hold less fat in general.
No exercise in the world can make the fat go away from a specific place; thats determined by your 'genetics'; where the fat will go away first, and where it will sit the longest. nothing can change that.

So that if you want to loose fat on your belly, you cannot do anything else than decreasing your overal fat deposits and hoping that your belly will not be the last in line.

Of course you can do exercises that increase abdominal muscle strength, but that will only increase it size, and the fat will stay, so that only the overall volume of your belly will increase. It will NOT target fat loss from your belly.
avo

Post by avo »

Hey RRM, have you come across some good ways to build the type of muscle that the original poster was wanting? I will start working out with friends in the next few weeks, so I was wondering what exercises I should do/avoid? Dead lifts? Curls? Bench press, etc?