OJ substitute

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
bbpro
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

OJ substitute ; the OJ juicer

Post by bbpro »

Hi,

I am new here. I have been on this diet for 1 week. This diet is great. I have not have skin this good since childhood. Thanks.

But I have problem with my weight. I am losing weight. I am 1.78m and 63kg. I used to weight about 65kg. From the forum, I know that I have been get to get about 3.5 lit of OJ. Last week, I had only 1 lit of OJ. I guessed that was why I lost the kg.

Is this diet just for acne or can I use this to gain weight? I have been trying to gain weight since july. I used to weigh 62 back then, I managed to add 5 kg a month ago. But since then, I have a lot of breakouts to my skin (mainly at the jawline). I think the main reason are the two cups of milk (morning and night)and 4 slices of wholemeal breads. I think that is why I have the outbreak.

My question is that is there any drink I can subsitude with OJ. It is quite tiring having to buy so many oranges and juice them. If 3.5 lit is the minimum amount, then I will have to get about 45 oranges per day. That is too much work. Can I buy bottles of mineral water and add sugar and honey to it instead?
RRM
Administrator

Re: OJ substitute

Post by RRM »

Hi bbpro, welcome to the board!
But I have problem with my weight. I am losing weight. I am 1.78m and 63kg. Is this diet just for acne or can I use this to gain weight?
I'm 1.89 and 84kg, and have been on this diet since 1995. Lean but muscular, which is easy to maintain on this diet once you have worked it out how it works best for you.
Regarding maintaining muscle weight, the most important thing is energy management; you need to make very sure to ingest sufficient energy all the time.
So you need to pay attention to your energy levels all the time. With time you will get more skilled in recognizing the signals from your body; when the blood energy levels decreases. For now, you primarily need to learn to keep on paying attention, and keep ingesting energy all the time.

Yes, consuming the milk and bread regularly will make you break out.
My question is that is there any drink I can subsitude with OJ.
Any fruit juice is okay (applejuice or pineapplejuice for example)
It is quite tiring having to buy so many oranges and juice them.
Since a few months I have a professional citrus juicer. The past 10 years I have been juicing 4.5 litres each day, by hand (a small plastic juicer).
Can I buy bottles of mineral water and add sugar and honey to it instead?
Sure, but then you need to add oil as well.
Problem: it wount supply you with any vitamins.
Cooking a good meal takes about as much time as preparing the juices.
The choice is up to you.
whats your choice?
nick

Post by nick »

So you need to pay attention to your energy levels all the time. With time you will get more skilled in recognizing the signals from your body; when the blood energy levels decreases.
I have noticed that when I'm at work, a waiter (4 hour shift), that if I drink too many sips/gulps of juice that I get tired or overburdened with too much sugar. I have to make sure to take 2-3 when I feel an energy craving. However, when I sitting at the computer I usually take a big sip when I need it.

Sometimes, I will get a this sugar overload feeling, its similiar to when I don't get ingest enough. So I take a sip or two less when I need some OJ, and I usually feel better. This happens infrequently, but when it does, it can be disconcerting and feels particulary depressing.
It is quite tiring having to buy so many oranges and juice them. If 3.5 lit is the minimum amount, then I will have to get about 45 oranges per day. That is too much work.
Where do buy your oranges at?
I found a produce/fruit wholesale place, where you buy bulk oranges (box of 113 for 18-20 dollars) instead of having to go to a grocery store. It is much cheaper and saves travel time.
Since a few months I have a professional citrus juicer. The past 10 years I have been juicing 4.5 litres each day, by hand (a small plastic juicer).
Thats hardcore! How long would it take you by hand? It took me about 45-50 mins to hand juice 2 liters. I just put on some music and rock out while juicing. Now I use a professional juicer and it takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on how energized I feel or rushed for time .
bbpro

Post by bbpro »

Hi RRM,

Thanks for the reply.

I have increased my intake to 2 lit this week. I felt better in term of energy. I guess I will monitor my weight closely this week. If it goes down again, I will increase the amount to 3 lit. I have ordered a box of oranges (100+) from a fruit seller who is kind enough to deliver them to my door steps. This will save me trips to market daily.

From the website, I know that we need enough fat and sugar so that our muscle will not be converted. You will feel that your sugar level dropped when you feel weak. What about fat? How will you know if you have enough fat?

I only add 2.5 tsp of olive oil to the OJ and 2. tsp to a blow of salad. I will take salad twice a day (lunch and dinner). Is that enough?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello bbpro :)

The amount of oil seems a bit too little to me. I'm not that tall a person (1.71m), but even then I consume about 500ml olive oil per week.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bbpro,
I agree with Oscar.
Regarding the blood-fat level; if your blood-fat level is too low, you will feel edgy/jumpy and as if the sugars you consume are 'not enough' / 'dont last long enough'.
Sugars and fat are complementory; they are the main sources of energy, and if one of these is not present sufficiently, 'things wount go as smoothly'.
Experiment, and you will feel the difference eventually.
Nick wrote:
Where do buy your oranges at?
Here in Holland you get better prices in shops run by immigrants. Maybe because consuming fruits is more deeply imbedded in their culture.
I pay about 9 to 12,50 euro / box of +/-70.
How long would it take you by hand?
About 1,5 hours. Glad that I know the benefits of an electric juicer now... :D

(ok, yes, it took me a while to give in...) :p
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

1.5 hours? Are you serious?
I do 4L in 30 minutes by hand.

How long does it take you now with an electric juicer?
And what kind (brand, model) do you use?
Do you find the juice doesn't last as well?
nick

Post by nick »

For oranges I mostly use valencia oranges. When they are ripe and ready, how soft should they be. Cause sometimes there are just soft spots but the orange itself is still firm. Should the whole orange be soft, much like an avocado? In that case, I need to buy oranges like 4-5 days before I actually juice them.

Thanks.
bbpro

Post by bbpro »

The amount of oil seems a bit too little to me. I'm not that tall a person (1.71m), but even then I consume about 500ml olive oil per week.
500 ml a week!!! It took me around two weeks to finish that. I will increase the amount of oil to around 100 ml a day.
About 1,5 hours. Glad that I know the benefits of an electric juicer now... [Big Grin]

(ok, yes, it took me a while to give in...) [Razz]
What are the benefits? But, I thought Wai mentioned that it is better to it by hand. :confused:

I just weighed myself. I am still at 63kg. 2 lites of OJ could be the minimum for me to maintain my weight. What do all of you think?
Will I gain weight if I increase the amount of juice, fruits and salad a day? Or I just need to add in more oil and sugar to my meals??? Pls advice.

Thanks a lot, guys.
nick

Post by nick »

You always need to sip from the orange juice. Every five minutes I take a sip or two. That way your sugar level will always be stable and you'll always have sufficient sugar to make sure your body won't breakdown muscle tissue for energy. That is the key!

You may be losing some body fat. I know I lost about 5-7 pounds after a month on this diet, but my wieght stays the same as long as I have sufficient sugar. I wiegh about 5-7 pounds less now than before I did this diet.

At night I usually wiegh around 130-131 pounds. In the morning its at 128-129 pounds.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brian, yes, about 1.5 hours, but in my defence: I watch tv when im juicing... :)
With the electric juicer it takes me about 30 minutes (the noise doesnt allow me to hear what they are saying on tv).
Brian
And what kind (brand, model) do you use? Do you find the juice doesn't last as well?
Its a Santos type 10, doing 1500 rpm.
I havent noticed any difference in shelf life.

Nick wrote:
For oranges I mostly use valencia oranges. When they are ripe and ready, how soft should they be.
The result will tell you; if the juice is sweet, the orange was ready for juicing!
bbpro
I will increase the amount of oil to around 100 ml a day.
Yes, thats better. Its best when evenly distributed throughout the day. (add to juice!)
What are the benefits?
Saving time!
But, I thought Wai mentioned that it is better to it by hand.
That's regarding cracking nuts.
Will I gain weight if I increase the amount of juice, fruits and salad a day? Or I just need to add in more oil and sugar to my meals??? Pls advice.
Yes, like Nick said, gaining weight is primarily about preventing muscle loss.
If you can easily consume more, do so, but if you have trouble doing that, just add sugar and oil.
art

Post by art »

you think adding more juice and sugar and oil would make you gain "Fat"?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You gain fat only if your intake exceeds your energy requirements.
so, you need to learn to your body's energy requirements.
So, you need to feed your body energy only when you feel your body needs it, and these amounts need to be small always, so that there is a direct and short link between intake and requirements.
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Its a Santos type 10, doing 1500 rpm.
That's this one, right?

How do you find the lever action on that?

I'm thinking as compared to something like:

Thoughts?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes.
You are probably right in that juicing will go faster using the second press, as you dont waste time lifting and pressing the lever.
With the second juicer, you can alternatingly use both hands to pick up, press and dispose the oranges; so i guess it must be a much more time effective method.