creatine

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
art
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

creatine

Post by art »

Does anyone know if creatine would be ok regarding acne / and for building muscle?
RRM
Administrator

creatine

Post by RRM »

Creatine itself might be okay regarding acne, but it also depends on the 'package' (what is exactly in the supplement?)
Regarding gaining muscle, it might help, but gaining muscles depends on multiple factors, and the 'weakest link (=factor)' will determine muscle gain/loss.

Generally the weakest link is keeping your blood-sugar at the same level; this is what prevents break down of muscles.
Of course, you need to exercise and ingest sufficient protein, but generally that is already been done when you want to gain muscles.
Creatine may help a bit, but it will never determine muscle gain alone.
Last edited by RRM on Sat 20 Jan 2007 18:01, edited 2 times in total.
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

RRM, I have been on the Sample diet for about 8 months now with great success. I thank god, every night that I ran into your work because it is truly groundbreaking. Now over the past 4 months I have been adding a significant amount of sugar to my OJ and OO mix and A/T/C salads to try and sculp my body the way I want. It has been awsome. I do a full-body HIT workout 2-3 times a week, and always allow time for my muscles heal. The question is, I have been getting heavier, and have been seeing definition, but have not been seeing any real mass added to my frame. If I tried using creatine, to try and put on some mass would I be doing myself a huge disservice in terms of current and future health and Why? When ever you get a chance to answer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Red Bird,

Thank you, its always great to hear stories like yours, as that is what keeps us going...
How much protein do you consume, and how much methionine / cysteine?
(you can submit your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator to find out: www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html )
RedBird27 wrote:If I tried using creatine, to try and put on some mass would I be doing myself a huge disservice in terms of current and future health and Why?
Creatine helps to supply energy to muscle cells.
The downside of creatine is that it contains nitrogen, which luckily is not converted into toxic amonium and mildly toxic ureum (as amino acids are), but into creatinine. High levels of creatinine may be a burden to the kidneys.
Also, taking creatine will probably decrease the production of creatine by the liver. To me, it seems best to enable the optimum production of creatine by the body, but I dont see any harm in a moderate intake of creatine. when you take creatine, you must keep on taking lots of sugars, as thats the only combination that truly works.
A big downside of taking creatine is that it makes you retain more water, so that you have to experiment how much creatine you can take without breaking out...

The liver makes creatine from glycine, arginine and and methionine. the first 2 amino acids are made from nitrogen, but the third one, needs to be taken up from the food that you eat.
Unfortunately, methionine is the most scarse amino acid in our diet, so that when you work out vigorously, you need extra methionine.
You could therefore take 500 mg methionine daily (1 gram maximally); it must be free methionine.