want to clarify macronutrient ratios

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
finnishfiend
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

want to clarify macronutrient ratios

Post by finnishfiend »

Okay, I am new to this forum, have tried the acne diet before, and ended up feeling (and looking) like a drugged-out zombie. I was probably doing something wrong. I want to clear up a few things about the diet.

I have read before about the suggested ratios between fat and sugar on this diet, but I'm still unclear about the right ratio to use (because previous forums seemed ambiguous about grams vs calories (important when comparing carbs and fat)).

I am moderately active. Need about 3200 calories to maintain weight on a normal western diet. The first time I did this diet, my ratios in grams were approximately:

150g/450g/30g (fat/sugar/protein)

for a calorie ratio of

1350/1800/90 (fat/sugar/protein)

Now that's a LOT of sugar. Perhaps too much? Was my insulin going out of control? I just want to verify, if the more ideal ratio is 1:1, should it look more like this:

240g/240g/30g (fat/sugar/protein)
2160/960/90 (fat/sugar/protein calories)

Now, that seems like a lot of fat. Is this right? I just want to clear up my acne once and for all, and be more healthy in general. I'm willing to give this diet another go. Should I eat more protein?

Thanks in advance for any advice
finnishfiend

Re: want to clarify macronutrient ratios

Post by finnishfiend »

not that it matters for my post, but I meant 120 cals for protein. But I'm not a stickler for cals/grams anyway, just want to get a general idea of how I should change what I was doing.
nick

Post by nick »

My first several attempts at this diet lasted for about 2-3 weeks. The problem was figuring out the sugar to fat ratio. Once I did this and got better at listening to when my body needed the energy, then those sugar lows disappeared, which made it hard sticking to it.

In order to prevent that zombie look, you need to always be consuming energy. For every 2 grams sugar you need 1 gram of fat in order to keep your sugar levels stable. When you do more physical work, you need more sugar relative to fat.

The best way to ensure this is to drink orange juice, needs to be freshly squeezed regarding acne, and add sugar and oil.

You can sip from it constantly, making sure to keep your sugar level stable. If not, you will start using muscle for energy.

It can be challenging, but once you get better at listening to your body it won't be a problem anymore.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What Nick said is essential.
Focus on a very regular intake of energy, and learn to listen to your body constantly.
Dont worry about too much sugar, as long as you take them in in very small amounts very regularly (and take in some fat every time you consume something containing sugar).
Should I eat more protein?
No. Especially in the beginning, you should limit the amount of protein. Once your skin is completely clear, you can start experimenting increasing the intake of protein.