protein powder; micellar casein

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
haraldsmith
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

protein powder; micellar casein

Post by haraldsmith »

i know protein powder is not advocated, but do you think pure micellar casein is alright:
Micellar Casein is derived from milk protein isolate. The process of extraction is a natural and gental removal of all whey protein peptides, which leaves you with a pure Micellar Casein.

Amino Acid Profile
Per 100 grams

Alanine 2.6
Arginine 3.6
Aspartic Acid 6.3
Cystine 0.3
Glutamic Acid 20
Glycine 2.4
Histidine 2.7
Isoleucine 5.4
Leucine 8.2
Lysine 7.3
Methionine 2.5
Phenylalanine 4.4
Proline 10.1
Serine 5.6
Threonine 4.3
Tryptophan 1.1
Tyrosine 5.6
Valine 6.4
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

what is the purpose of taking this? Can't you get those things from food?
RRM
Administrator

Re: micellar casein

Post by RRM »

haraldsmith wrote:i know protein powder is not advocated, but do you think pure micellar casein is alright:
Absolutely not.
It cannot get any worse.
Its a protein powder. Regardless of the origin or 'purity' its a protein that has been processed.
haraldsmith

Post by haraldsmith »

ok i understand.. what about cocoa powder, i'm assuming that is processed as well?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yeah; its from cacao beans, and like all beans you need to process them extensively first.
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM Wrote:
Its a protein powder. Regardless of the origin or 'purity' its a protein that has been processed.
Please forgive me RRM, but what you wrote above goes back to my concern about 'table sugar'.

We eat fish or nuts for protien and get protien from fruit as well, yes? Powdered protien as you say whether pure, or not has been processed. I believe you mean, processed to be bad.

So fruits/real foods have natural sugar. If it's not okay to eat powdered protien, (maybe vegan hemp protien would be healthier) why is it okay to consume processed sugar???

Avalon :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Please forgive me RRM, but what you wrote above goes back to my concern about 'table sugar'.
The big difference between protein and sugar is that sugar is only fuel, whereas protein contains nitrogen and is used for neurotransmitters and cell construction.
Protein powder contains nitrogen containing molecules that are hard to degrade, or even toxic.
Sugar just contains sucrose (glucose + fructose), and the body has no problems at all in utilizing this.
Thats the difference.
We eat fish or nuts for protien and get protien from fruit as well, yes? Powdered protien as you say whether pure, or not has been processed. I believe you mean, processed to be bad.
The molecules that are created by the processing is what makes the processing bad, or not.
If the result is pure single (free) amino acids only, the result of the processing is not bad, but that can only be the case with amino acids kept in an acid solution.
So fruits/real foods have natural sugar.
Exactly as sugar does (both contain surcose).
maybe vegan hemp protien would be healthier
Plant and animal foods both contain protein that contains all essential amino acids. Making powders from such proteins will generally result in the same: valuable protein plus bad molecules, regardless of its origin.
If it's not okay to eat powdered protien, why is it okay to consume processed sugar???
Powdered protein contains by-products, as it is not pure undamged protein. Some of these by-products are hard to degrade or even toxic.
Processed sugar only contains sucrose, which is just glucose + fructose, which are perfectly natural nutrients.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay, thanx :)