Diet; am I consuming enough?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
falcon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Diet; am I consuming enough?

Post by falcon »

Okay, I am 5'9, 120lb and I'm really getting serious about the wai diet... Please tell me if this sounds like a good amount of food for me to consume. (I also have mild/average acne when I eat the wrong foods)

5 Egg Yolks a day
1-2 Liters of Orange Juice with 3 TS of olive oil per liter
3-5 Bottles of Water
2 Apples
2 Kiwis
1 Pear
Hand Full of Brazil Nuts

For some reason I feel like this isn't enough? Once or twice a week I will get raw fish (sushami) from a Japanese restaurant. Also, I have no clue how much sugar I should be taking a day... and is it okay to use the sugar I have? (I have a box that says "Sugar in the Raw" and it's big chunks).
falcon

Post by falcon »

Instead of the egg yolks (because I cannot stand raw egg), could I possibly consume 100 grams (3.53 oz) of raw salmon instead?
nick

Post by nick »

You should and need to be eating more.
You don't need to drink that much water, if you juice more oranges you will get more than enough water. Most if not all fruits are high in water.
Banana's are cheap and nutritious.

You could eat more yolks or fish instead. 3.5 ounces of fish is perfect though.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Diet; am I consuming enough?

Post by RRM »

falcon wrote:For some reason I feel like this isn't enough?
You are absolutely right, that isnt enough as it will supply you with about 1550 kcal, which is waaaay too little.
Instead of the water you could drink juices, as that will help most efficiently, as you can also add sugar and oil.
Please use the nutrient calculator to check your energy intake:
http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html
I have no clue how much sugar I should be taking a day
You can take as much as you need.
You should focus on keeping your blood sugar level at the right level, so please monitor your blood energy level closely (do you still feel energetic?).
... and is it okay to use the sugar I have? (I have a box that says "Sugar in the Raw" and it's big chunks).
Sugar is never raw (luckily!), and you best use standard white table sugar (as there is nothing added to it).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I don't know if 'sugar in the raw' has had anything added to it. I think it is just sugar taken before all the cane juice (I think this is the stuff they sell as molases) is removed from the sugar crystals.

Some people call this turbinado sugar.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, but what they sell as 'raw' is sometimes just plain sugar with color additives (such as melasses).
falcon

Post by falcon »

About how many calories should I be consuming (at 5'9 and 120 lb)... I am fairly active, I play basketball 3 days of the week (and I work out after). Also, how much protein if I want to gain lots of muscle but prevent acne?
falcon

Post by falcon »

Ive been fooling around with the nutrient calculator and here's what I've come up with:

1 Avacado
3 Bannanas
1 Apple
2 Kiwwi
5 Cups of Orange juice (with 1 TSP of oil)
3 additional TSP of oil (at various times of the day)
100g of Salmon
Quater of a cup of Walnuts
Quater of a cup of Brazil Nuts
Quater of a cup of Pecans

This will give me "3160.97026kcal" and "51.58498g" of protein. I don't see how it's possible to consume your body weight in protein though... (I know that's what all the trainers recommend)
avo

Post by avo »

I think that is way too little oil. You should have about 1 Tablespoon for each banana (3 T), apple (4 T), 2 kiwis (5 T), for each cup of OJ (10 T), and with your salmon (12 T), which brings your total oil consumption to 12 Tablespoons = about 1440 extra calories. Plus, you can add sugar to your OJ, and make more OJ in general, maybe like 7-8 cups.

Good luck!
RRM
Administrator

Re: ...

Post by RRM »

falcon wrote:About how many calories should I be consuming (at 5'9 and 120 lb)... I am fairly active, I play basketball 3 days of the week (and I work out after).
Thats impossible to tell.
And very easy for you to find out; if you loose weight, you need to increase your energy intake. If you dont, its either enough or too much (I doubt its too much though).
Also, how much protein if I want to gain lots of muscle but prevent acne?
Again, that is up to experimentation.
But BEFORE you start experimenting, you first need to be clear your skin totally. Then you can start gradually increasing your protein intake to know what the effects are on your skin.
falcon

Re: ...

Post by falcon »

RRM... you've been such a big help to me! If it weren't for you, I would have given up on this diet a long time ago.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You are very much welcome, falcon.