Bruce Lee and his muscles; super ripped

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Ha, ha, but then you ARE ripped, just not muscular. so, all you need to do, is gain some muscle weight through exercising.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

rafaelo wrote:i wonder how brad pitt got the fight club look.

live love learn and laugh til they throw me in the ground.
Some people have a very muscular build and don't do a lot. I had a friend that had a body similar to brad pitt's and he did no exercise and followed no special diet. Some people just carry more fat and/or muscle than others.

If you did exactly what brad it does and eats what he eats, it doesn't mean you will have the same body.

Not to mention bone structure which has a lot to do with how one appears.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Bruce Lee did SO MUCH exercise and he did NO weight lifting. He actually would laugh about body builders because he thought they had big muscles but no real strength. There are some books he wrote... check them out and you'll know. His body is all about martial arts... all about his philosophy. There is a book about his routines and his diet... I forgot the name but I used to own it. It's interesting.

Ya that kind of body is the hottest...
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

O I didn't know Bruce did Cocaine. I feel sorry for his wife... he seems like he would have been quite an uptight guy to live with...
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I consider myself as a 'not knowing person' regarding those issues. I consider lots of things possible, but i simply cannot know it. I guess it therefore depends on my state of mind what I believe.
So many things we have no clue about...
But I like that; I like it that many things will probably always remain a mystery to us.
Regarding morality; I do very much feel that my only 'task' here on earth is to enjoy life and try to do as much 'good' as I can. When Im old and I feel that Im about to die, I want to look back at my life with great satisfaction; that I have experienced so many good feelings and shared them with others, and that I have been able to make myself and other people feel good. THATs my goal in life, so that I can finally die in peace. For me, life is about getting ready for death; how do you need to spend your life to die in peace completely? I have (indeed) been wondering about that when I was a boy.

So, no, I dont believe in a completely material world. I believe in feeling good and making other people feel good. I believe in living my life according to my own instincts, regardless of what other people think. I believe in following my own logic, my own path, my own goal, and I dont really care what mankind's duties are. I only care about what my own 'duties' are, which is (according to me) living my life as I see best.
Wow... that was beautiful... and you know, SO much like how I think about it. That's amazing!
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

He actually would laugh about body builders because he thought they had big muscles but no real strength.
Wait a minute, I mean he thought they were too slow and the big muscles were only in their way. Bruce Lee was all about intelligence, speed, strength (also of the mind of course) and well, you know, his martial arts philosophy and combat system... "Way of the Intercepting Fist", Jeet Kune Do.

His body was shaped from how he used it as a martial artist and the exercises he did that would make him better in combat.
You cannot create that kind of body while doing other things like just weights, it would have to come from within and from being a martial artist all waking hours of the day. He ate a lot (frequently) but very average stuff, I believe. Not like pizza but also not really healthy (in our eyes).
Seth

Post by Seth »

DarkGalaxy wrote:

His body was shaped from how he used it as a martial artist and the exercises he did that would make him better in combat.
Genetics plays a substantial role in how our bodies are shaped. Bruce Lee could have never been as large as a body builder as he didn't have such attributes. There are guys I have seen far smaller in size who were much stronger than guys bulkier who on first glance would seem much stronger. It is like saying someone who grows to be 5'8" could work at become 6'0". It won't happen.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Bruce Lee did SO MUCH exercise and he did NO weight lifting. He actually would laugh about body builders because he thought they had big muscles but no real strength. There are some books he wrote... check them out and you'll know. His body is all about martial arts... all about his philosophy. There is a book about his routines and his diet... I forgot the name but I used to own it. It's interesting.

Ya that kind of body is the hottest...
bruce lee did a ton of weight lift, he lifted weights all the time

his books have his weight lifting plans in them

he hurt his back badly lifting weights
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote:
You cannot create that kind of body while doing other things like just weights
Actuall it is just the opposite. You can't get the kind of body with out lifting weights.
Seth

Post by Seth »

johndela1 wrote:
DarkGalaxy wrote:
Actuall it is just the opposite. You can't get the kind of body with out lifting weights.
Didn't he also use electro-stimulation devices as well?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

For speed (and flexibility) in martial arts it's essential to have 'long' muscles, not 'short' ones. I can imagine Bruce using weights, but not (in a training program) like a body builder would.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Thank you, Oscar.

I am sure Bruce did all kinds of exercises, but I don't believe he believed in building his body just for the purpose of looking buff. He wanted to be fast and strong, and he was. It takes specific kind of training to get fast and strong.

Bruce Lee must have started out as a thin and somewhat short guy. He weighed like 125 lbs when he died right?

"Every muscle group on his body stood out in bold relief from its neighbor -- not simply for show (unlike many bodybuilders) but for function. Lee was, to quote his first student in the United States, Seattle's Jesse Glover, "above all else, concerned with function."

"Unbelievable Strength
Lee's feats of strength are the stuff of legend; from performing push-ups - on one hand! - or thumbs only pushups, to supporting a 125-pound barbell at arms length in front of him (with elbows locked) for several seconds, or sending individuals (who outweighed him by as much as 100 pounds in some instances) flying through the air and landing some 15 feet away as a result of a punch that Lee delivered from only one-inch away, the power that Bruce Lee could generate -- at a mere bodyweight of 135 pounds -- is absolutely frightening. Not to mention some of his other nifty little habits like thrusting his fingers through full cans of Coca-Cola and sending 300 pound heavy bags slapping against the ceiling with a simple side kick."

Trust me, this guy was FAR from the average body builder... he did some pretty extreme stuff to get stronger.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

There is lots of information available on Bruce Lee. There's books and lots of stuff online... and of course his movies :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Seth wrote:
johndela1 wrote:
DarkGalaxy wrote:
Didn't he also use electro-stimulation devices as well?
I've never read that, just saw it in some of his movies. He has written several books and outlines his weight lifting programs.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:For speed (and flexibility) in martial arts it's essential to have 'long' muscles, not 'short' ones. I can imagine Bruce using weights, but not (in a training program) like a body builder would.
I know you quote this, but what do you mean by long and short? Long muscles is something you hear in marketing for pilates.

Muscle size doesn't affect flexibility. Of course moving more mass is more work, so strength to size is a good thing to maximize.

As you probably know, strength and size arn't directly related. Stength comes from many factors, such as ability to recruit the max amount of fibers.

here is a bit of info:

"Mitochondrial Dilution

When a bodybuilder trains, the goal is to make each muscle fiber as big as possible. Muscle fibers have contractile protein, mitochondrial protein, and other components. Increasing the relative proportion of one component (like more contractile protein) means that you have relatively less of everything else in the same fiber (like mitochondria). From an endurance standpoint this is not a good adaptation. We even give it a name in sports physiology circles, mitochondrial dilution. The bodybuilder's muscles may actually become more easily fatigued as they get bigger, because their mitochondrial density is not increasing at the same rate. The bodybuilder accepts that because the name of the game is size, not endurance."