Water's Effect on Bad Protein/Salt

Other than specified below
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Water's Effect on Bad Protein/Salt

Post by Seth »

I recall reading a while back that it was advised to drink plenty of water if you happened to have eaten food that contains either bad protein or added salt.

What I was wondering is how exactly does the water prevent or mitigate the effects? Is it only a means for helping avoid bad protein being introduced into the blood stream?

I ask since I had a salad the other day prepared which ended up having some garlic on it. I didn't break out or anything but I made sure I drank several glasses of water after. After I did, I began wondering if it really did make any difference.
nick

Re: Water's Effect on Bad Protein/Salt

Post by nick »

Seth wrote: What I was wondering is how exactly does the water prevent or mitigate the effects? Is it only a means for helping avoid bad protein being introduced into the blood stream?
It helps deport the "dirty" protein because the water will be excreted and this will take with it salt, protein and other wastes.
Not sure of the deeper mechanics of it though.
I ask since I had a salad the other day prepared which ended up having some garlic on it. I didn't break out or anything but I made sure I drank several glasses of water after. After I did, I began wondering if it really did make any difference.
You could try the garlic again without any water and see what happens.
Also, perhaps you have some room to munch on before you break out.
Experimenting is the only way to figure out how it works for you.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:how exactly does the water prevent or mitigate the effects?
Drinking water makes the effects of consuming bad protein / salt less bad, as the more water you drink, the sooner the bad protein / salt may get deported. This because when there is no extra water in the body, the body will hold on to that water, and thus no dirty protein / salt gets flushed out. Drinking extra water stimulates your body to get rid of it, and with it goes some of the dirty protein / salt.
Seth

Post by Seth »

That makes perfect sense, thank you. What kind of time line does one have after eating something with salt or bad protein to have it work? Would someone have to drink the water immediately thereafter or within 30 minutes or less or does it make much difference?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its best to start drinking water immediately, or even before, so that the effects of salt / bad protein are kept as small as possible. Keep in mind that this can only decrease and not undo their effects.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Does excess water carry any necessary nutrients out of the body with it, or only waste? I've heard drinking way too much water can be very harmful. If I drink too much water in one sitting, I get dizzy.

Also, someone told me processed sugar requires necessary nutrients to process within the body, nutrients that would normally be present in a whole food. Is this true? Is the effect negligible?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dadasarah wrote:Does excess water carry any necessary nutrients out of the body with it, or only waste?
Also nutrients.
I've heard drinking way too much water can be very harmful.
Sure. Way too much of anything is harmful.
Then we find out how much is way too much.
If I drink too much water in one sitting, I get dizzy.
Yes, and you will vomit if you keep drinking; too much for the stomach.
Also, someone told me processed sugar requires necessary nutrients to process within the body, nutrients that would normally be present in a whole food. Is this true? Is the effect negligible?
Its true. The same goes for oil.
In natural food, however, energy is less abundantly present than essential nutrients.
Consuming natural raw foods only, getting enough energy is much more a struggle than ingesting other nutrients (vitamins, minerals).
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

So are you considering oil and sugar "natural foods", or are you saying the nutrients they take to process don't matter because we consume so little of them compared to natural foods?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
avo

Post by avo »

Oil and sugar are consumed for energy, not for their nutrients (which there are little to none of). All food requires nutrients and energy to be utilized, so therefore sugar and oil use more nutrients than they supply. In summary, if you meet nutrient needs, oil and sugar can be used to meet energy needs.

RRM stated that natural foods (whole fruits etc) have nutrients, but have less energy. It is also difficult to meet energy needs with strictly natural foods.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

So the answer is indeed "the effect [is] negligible", as quoted from my question above. Except for maybe cases when a person is experimenting like RRM in the past with drinking massive amounts of sugar-water w/ oil? Which nutrients are used to process these three (I'll try to find out myself, also)? Why do I feel sometimes like I can't absorb a glass of water (even though I'm dehydrated) without eating a piece of fruit first? How can I use this information in a rebuttal to a raw-foodist who thinks they need to add a pinch of sea salt to every glass of water they drink? I'm sorry for all the questions, and thank you for your help!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dadasarah wrote:Which nutrients are used to process these three
3?
Sugar, oil and ? (water?)
Metabolizing sugars and fats (like protein) particularly requires various B vitamins and some minerals and trace elements.
Why do I feel sometimes like I can't absorb a glass of water (even though I'm dehydrated) without eating a piece of fruit first?
Thats weird, indeed.
Maybe a mental thing? Maybe because somebody told you that?
How can I use this information in a rebuttal to a raw-foodist who thinks they need to add a pinch of sea salt to every glass of water they drink?
Actually, its is easier to absorb water if it contains less salt, as water more easily travels to surroundings with a higher salt concentration (osmosis)
Naturally, water already contains various salts, including sodium chloride.
I think (s)he means to say that it is easier to retain that water in your body if your body contains more salt, which is true. But as salt is naturally present in all fruits, nuts and water, there is no way we can lack salt by eating raw natural foods.
And is retaining more water what we want?
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Metabolizing sugars and fats (like protein) particularly requires various B vitamins and some minerals and trace elements.
I've read processed sugar depletes zinc.
Quote:
Why do I feel sometimes like I can't absorb a glass of water (even though I'm dehydrated) without eating a piece of fruit first?

Thats weird, indeed.
Maybe a mental thing? Maybe because somebody told you that?
I don't think so. Maybe I'm mistaking hunger for thirst. I suppose it's not very likely that my mineral stores might be low/empty? I was anemic after giving birth...they keep trying to make me take those pre-natal vitamins (I did on and off during pregnancy. This can upset the body's absorption rate, right? Or the baby's absorption? Both? My mother is a big supplement taker.). Or maybe the caffiene I'm trying to give up is draining me of nutrients as well. You said that drinking distilled water was not good as it takes minerals from your body...could sugar/oil be doing the same thing on a smaller scale? Perhaps I'm paranoid.
And is retaining more water what we want?
Ah, that is clear. Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dadasarah wrote:I've read processed sugar depletes zinc.
Not just processed sugar, ALL sugars, natural, unatural, simple and complex.
They dont deplete zinc; for the utilisation of sugars, zinc is required.
In as much as for the utilization of protein and fat also vitamins, minerals and trace elements are required, and in as much as energy is required for everything you do. Its not bad, its the consequence of being alive.
I suppose it's not very likely that my mineral stores might be low/empty?
If you are consuming fruits, egg yolks / fish, no, its highly unlikely.
maybe the caffiene I'm trying to give up is draining me of nutrients as well.
no, its not.
Consuming natural raw foods, getting enough nutrients is one of the last things you need to worry about.
You said that drinking distilled water was not good as it takes minerals from your body...could sugar/oil be doing the same thing on a smaller scale?
Thats a different thing. All food you eat, processing of all nutrients requires other nutrients.
With water you have a choice to drink distilled water or 'normal' water, and the latter doesnt require nutrients to process.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Besides, we have to use the micronutrients we ingest for something, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in consuming them in the first place...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly, nutrients are nutrients because we use them for something in our body.