Food Combining

Other than specified below
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by nick »

I think that last remark by RRM is the best response about the purity experienced on this diet. Natural foods have a certain new connection that you never knew about before, only after the diet and with enough time this realization takes place and you see the infinite joy of eating fruits and fish and yolks. Your deeper intuition takes over and that voice is undeniable.
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

Thanks Administrators!

Oscar, I noticed that you didn't mention any nuts or dried fruits on your sample menu...did you just leave those off to give me a general idea or are you just not a snacker? How long did it take you all to really get the diet right and stop the bloating? HAve any oy you experienced any weight loss?
Depends on the experiment: Salt / spices causes big cysts with little in it. Some cooked veggies will cause a few pimples and a tiny bit of munch food will only cause some painful tiny little buggers.
No munch food / no experiments = no break outs.
I take it you didn't break out from cooked veggies pre Wai?
Only after you managed to eliminate ALL culprits, and keep your skin clear, you can start experimenting what really causes acne in you.
Yeah but in doing so it seems like I'm also increasing my chances at being sensitive to a whole new set of culprits. Don't get me wrong, I AM gonna give the diet a chance it's just disheartening to know that I may never be able to enjoy a cooked meal again without breaking out...especially if that meal never made me break out before. And at this point I have to give it a chance because I think my weekday Wai diet has already rendered me intolerable to salt. One little granual gets on me mouth and I break out in that spot. :(
The flavor is not in spices etc.
The flavor is disguised by spices etc.
Once you dont use 'taste-destroyers' (salt spices etc) anymore, the sensitivity of taste sensors returns to natural and you start tasting really wonderful flavors (from salmon, egg yolk, fruits etc)
I'm sorry but spices bring a flavor all there own! :P Not saying that fruits and veggies, fish etc. don't have their own natural blessed tastes or that I can't savor or appreciate those flavors of themselves...I absolutely do. BUT come on, I'm Black and Mexican with a little Creole thrown in...My people are all about flavor! If you've ever had real Lousiana CREOLE gumbo or homemade tamales or my grandma's red beans and rice you would know what I'm talking about. I'm all for living a pure and natural existence but maybe some things are just worth a few pimples every now and then...AFTER I'm all cleared up from my 100% Wai diet though :wink:

Thanks Again everybody!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I tried nuts and dried fruits and in the beginning I liked it, but once I started on OJ, sipping that was so much nicer that I stopped with nuts and dried fruits altogether. Not a snacker is kind of hard to say, because I'm eating or sipping OJ every 20 mins or so...

When I was 20-25 years old I weighed 55kg/121#. Over the years I gradually gained weight until I weighed 61kg/134#. Now I'm back to a bit less (because of loss of excess water) than 55kg/121#.

I'm (partly) from Indonesian descent, where the use of spices is abundant, so it took me a while to get used to the seemingly bland taste of the foods on this diet. After a few weeks though, I noticed that the taste of cooked foods wasn't as good anymore. Pizza tasted like cardboard, and pasta like tasteless rope with a sauce full of random spices put together. Moreover, the food didn't give me the satisfaction of nourishment, nor the wholeness of taste anymore. The foods on the Wai Diet do have all that. All this will only become apparent after a while though.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Quote:
Are you able to eat any munch food at all?

RRM answered:
I cant eat any at all if I want to be 100% clear for sure.
Occasional I still try, and then its about a 50/50 risk. If I eat a tiny little bit of munch food a few days in a row, that risk is 100% though (I definitely break out).
After all the trouble you've given me over munch foods...

YOU STILL TRY THEM???!!! :shock: DOHHH!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ha, ha
You know whats munch food for me?
Raw meat, (as it generally appears not to be 100% raw), raw herring (as its salty), or an espresso...
I guess none of those things that went through your mind...
;D
avalon

Post by avalon »

espresso? Ha, gave that up long ago :!:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:I take it you didn't break out from cooked veggies pre Wai?
From the age of 13 or 14 I was never acne free before the Wai diet.
And when one is never acne free, one doesnt know what causes the acne, as it might be anything. Any correlation observed is useless, as there never is proof.
zenibee wrote:
RRM wrote:Only after you managed to eliminate ALL culprits, and keep your skin clear, you can start experimenting what really causes acne in you.
Yeah but in doing so it seems like I'm also increasing my chances at being sensitive to a whole new set of culprits.
It just seems that way. Eating no raw foods at all will not cause more acne than eating 50% raw foods, and its only when you get very close to 100% raw that you notice any difference at all. Its the last few % that makes all the difference. That is the reason why it seems you are becoming sensitive to a whole set of new culprits, as before, for the most part it didnt make any difference, and now it does.

Only once you manage to totally eliminate your acne, you get to know what causes it, and then it appears to be so much.
Every munch food may cause acne, but when you eat so many, you dont relate all of them to your acne. Then you naturally try to find the culprit, and notice some correlations, not knowing that all of them are; it just didnt show because there is no add-on effect.
especially if that meal never made me break out before.
It did, but you couldnt notice because you already had acne; there is no add-on effect.
The reason: acne is a combination of increased sebum production and bad diet. Only when both coincide, new acne is caused, so that bad diet doesnt constantly cause new acne.
One little granual gets on me mouth and I break out in that spot. :
Thats a coincidence; salt can only cause acne when ingested.
I'm sorry but spices bring a flavor all there own!
Sure, but they disguise many more subtle ones that you cannot even taste yet.
avalon

Post by avalon »

So I have a question. You say you've been on your Wai Diet since '95-'96. That's 11-12 years there abouts.

You gave a list of three things which are your 'munch' food favs- Raw meat(perhaps not raw}, herring and espresso. Why after all this time do you keep trying the same munch foods you know will break you out? And for several days in a row, as you wrote? Is this that you're willing to pay the price? Or that you keep hoping for a different result?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Why after all this time do you keep trying the same munch foods you know will break you out?
If I eat them a few days in a row, I will break out, so i dont do that anymore.
If I consume one of them only once (and not too much), generally nothing happens.
avo

Post by avo »

I think her question was why you try them at all...

But that is strange coming from avalon, who has been strongly pro-munch food.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Am wondering what constitutes small amounts? And do you find certain foods or spices cause bigger problems than others? (I wonder if it is proportionate to the amount of bad protein or amount of salt, etc...)
RRM wrote:If I eat them a few days in a row, I will break out, so i dont do that anymore.
If I consume one of them only once (and not too much), generally nothing happens.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Am wondering what constitutes small amounts?
Like one espresso or 50 grams of 'raw' meat / raw herring in 2 weeks.
And do you find certain foods or spices cause bigger problems than others?
Absolutely. Salt and hot spices are the worst, and it is also proportionate to the amount of bad protein, indeed.
avo wrote:I think her question was why you try them at all...
Raw meat is always appealing to me. And i always feel like: "there must be some really raw meat sometimes...
And I like the effect of an espresso; the less you take it, the more pronounced the effect.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:Absolutely. Salt and hot spices are the worst, and it is also proportionate to the amount of bad protein, indeed.
How do you fare with things like pasta, bread and rice without garlic (and other spices)?
RRM wrote:And I like the effect of an espresso; the less you take it, the more pronounced the effect.
Wondering what kind of effect is that?
avo

Post by avo »

RRM, you need to find a local farmer/rancher. Back in NY I found one, he raised his cattle organically. I visited him and I was able to get some tenderloin and a whole bunch of fresh ground meat for not too much money.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

[offtopic]

Seth, the way to quote several sections is this:
1. click the "quote" button in the message you want to quote from
2. make sure every section you want to quote stands between [quote="<name>"] and [/quote] (use copy/paste if needed)
3. put your replies in between those sections

Thanks.

[/offtopic]