Organic Market Fraud?

Other than specified below
AnnGrazjun
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Organic Market Fraud?

Post by AnnGrazjun »

Hi again, I live in the US and I've been shopping at Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe's (both organic markets) waay before I started this diet. In recent times I've come across numerous reports about how some of these so-called 'organic' foods are actually NOT. Now, I know regular supermarkets would advertise these and not think much of them, but I believe there were reports on organic markets selling some items that were fraudulently displayed as organic. Has anyone else shopped at either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's? If so are you as suspicious as me, especially w/Trader Joe's... :?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I pretty much do all my shopping at Wild Oats which is just like Whole Foods Market. I never gave it much thought (till now). I know of a place where you can take vitamin suppliments and have them tested. I'd be curious to take radnom foods labled as organic and have them tested for markers (if there is anyway to do this).

I know at the farmers market I go to that if you ask 'is this stuff organic' they never will say 'no'. They always answer with something like 'we don't use pesticides. I usually respond with what kind of fertalizer do you use? They usually have no idea. Sometimes I feel like just saying 'is that a yes or no'.

If something is 'certified organic', I would be pissed if I found out it wasn't really organic.

Do you have any links to stories that talk about this?
AnnGrazjun

Post by AnnGrazjun »

Hi, I read about it in a magazine and heard about it on the news, but they weren't making a big a deal as they should've I thought. I tried to google in a few basic words but it's hard to find, when I have more time I will try and see if any posts come up. I myself have tried to contact a few of the higher ups to these organic markets and/or farmers, some replied, most have not. The replies are usually bland and pretty vague whenever I ask about what exactly they feed and how much of 'roaming' the birds actually do. For all I know they can 'roam' in their so-called 'free-range' area right before they kill them, and still label them as free-range organic hens...which I've read about in the past...sad to say :evil:
Everything we touch turns to gold...then to sh_t
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

yea, that is pretty ambiguous to say free range, how big is the range? i mean if the range is a cage, they are all free range (I'm exajurating, but my point is still the same)

Most eggs that are free range are also vegetarian fed. I'd prefer to have my chickens not vegetarian, but a natural chicken diet of seeds and worms.

If I can train my dog to not attack a chicken, maybe I'll look into having my own hen. Anyone here do that?
AnnGrazjun

Post by AnnGrazjun »

That's the best way to do it, cause then you know for sure your eggs are whatever you make of them. It's brutal business out there for the animals, and the industry always look for ways to trick/manipulate the minds of the public, which usually works. I know for a fact that all factory birds are de-beaked whether they're caged or cage-free, because cage-free only means they're all stuffed into one big room, with no room to do anything. Only free-range assures that birds are outside able to breathe and walk, and I don't think they're debeaked...It's a sad state of affairs when people depend on the sufferings of others for their own self-indulgence. :cry:
Everything we touch turns to gold...then to sh_t
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

AnnGrazjun wrote:It's a sad state of affairs when people depend on the sufferings of others for their own self-indulgence. :cry:
yea... I totally agree. I am an avid meat eater and have no problem personally killing wild animals to eat them (actually I think this is the most natural and humane way to eat meat), but I am opposed to any type of 'factory farming'. I (mosts) always buy my meat grass fed, my eggs free range, and my fish wild.