harmfull vitamins

Other than specified below
thea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

harmfull vitamins

Post by thea »

Hello RRM,

I've reading your article about harmfull vitamins, very GREAT with many references.

But, many study shown that antioxydants is good for better health with aging, like R+ lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, carnitine... etc

Thank you to answer me about that and I'm very interesting to known if you take somme supplements ?

Best regard,
Thea
RRM
Administrator

Re: harmfull vitamins

Post by RRM »

thea wrote:many study shown that antioxydants is good for better health with aging, like R+ lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, carnitine... etc
Yes, they show the antioxidant properties.
When, however, long term studies are done of actually taking such supplements (of many, many years taking the supplements), then there are no protective effects found. They did such studies regarding the effects of taking vitamin C, E and beta-carotene (the best known antioxidants)
The reason: our body is a complex system of intertwined balances, including oxidants and antioxidants; you need them both (oxidation is required for all esential processes), so that influencing (as far as possible) that perfect balance established by the body, may have very adverse effects indeed.
Our body knows perfectly well how much of any antioxidant it needs, and its perfectly capable to absorb the right level of dietary antioxidants and to produce the body-made ones. Its not up to us 'to improve' that.
I'm very interesting to known if you take somme supplements ?
No, none, ever.