Wild rice....

Other than specified below
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wild rice....

Post by MJ »

I know that regular rice is not good because it needs to be cooked. What about wild rice that you soak for 3 - 4 days? There isn't any cooking, so there isn't a negative effect from heat. I read that certain negative components are removed from the soaking. Are there are negative components that still remain?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its not good for you. Yes, soaking removes some of the mild antinutrients, but many remain.
So, no, no wild rice or whatever grain.
MJ

Post by MJ »

As a munchie food, would soaking wild rice be better or regular white rice that is cooked in a rice cooker?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That depends.
Regarding your skin, the raw wild might be better.
Regarding your intestines, the cooked rice is better (though more constipating).
Regarding munch foods, cooked rice is better, because there is not much fun or satisfaction in eating raw wild rice.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Can someone please list the bad effects of rice (especially whole rice)?
I know that cooking it is bad, but if someone asks me why rice isn't recommended, i can't list anything else. Thanks.

By the way, does corn is allowed in the wai diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rice has no specific effects that differ from the effects of other cooked foods.
All grains are excluded; you need to cook them to make them edible, and the cooking makes them bad for your skin if you are susceptible to acne, and healthwise.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Rice has no specific effects that differ from the effects of other cooked foods.
All grains are excluded; you need to cook them to make them edible, and the cooking makes them bad for your skin if you are susceptible to acne, and healthwise.
But corn, you don't need to cook it; you can eat it raw?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Raw corn is very hard to digest; lots of antinutrients / enzyminhibitors.