Boiled candy

Other than specified below
Biev
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Biev »

I just wanted to say that this is the most interesting conversation I've read in a long while. I've missed this forum, and I like you already CY : )
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

CY wrote:You mean sucrose (the percentages you posted are % sucrose of in total carbs).
Yes, you are right, that was a typo. Ive corrected that, thanks.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Like you mentioned, one of the main criticisms of sugar is that it's nutritionless energy. This is not correct. Nutrition consists of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, trace elements) and macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs), and we need both to survive and function. Although sugar doesn't have anything to add in micronutrients, it does provide us with macronutrients.

I do agree that the way in which sugar is taken is important. Usually it comes in a highly addictive (not to mention toxic) package, which makes people consume more and more. It's not the sugar which is the favorite food, but the food that is the most addictive (containing heated wheat, milk(, protein) and/or appetite enhancers). And this is physical addiction, not the mechanism that makes us look for the food our body needs.

Your post is too long! ;)