a translation of waisays concerning plants.

Other than specified below
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

a translation of waisays concerning plants.

Post by Mr. PC »

reading this http://www.13.waisays.com/plants.htm I find to be very confusing. I understand that she's saying plants are bad, but I don't really understand all these details.

For example, if the only downside to spinach were that the oxalic acid in it caused it to bind to minerals, causing a deficiency in minerals, would it then be balanced out if it were consumed with something that was high in minerals?
Or on the flip side, if I had no choice but to drink mineral water, would spinach help keep my mineral balance?

And what causes the phyto-estrogen in soy to become mutagenic? From my understanding phyto-estrogens balance out estrogen levels, so what does the mutagenic version do differently?

Are all these vegetables as bad as they sound?
RRM
Administrator

Re: a translation of waisays concerning plants.

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:if the only downside to spinach were that the oxalic acid in it caused it to bind to minerals, causing a deficiency in minerals, would it then be balanced out if it were consumed with something that was high in minerals?
It isnt the only downside.
Also, even if it was, you cannot simply balance that by consuming something high in minerals, as you need to know which minerals, and in what numbers. And that you cannot tell because it depends on what other food is present in your stomach, you specific needs etc.
Unnatural foods (for us) are like drugs; you cannot balance them out. Thats why modern medicine is still in general nothing more than addressing certain effects and creating other side effects.
Or on the flip side, if I had no choice but to drink mineral water, would spinach help keep my mineral balance?
No, its more complex than that. Mineral water has many different minerals and spinach has many different anti-nutrients.
And what causes the phyto-estrogen in soy to become mutagenic?
Its molecular structure. It has mutagenic properties when tested in a lab. there are specific tests for that.
From my understanding phyto-estrogens balance out estrogen levels, so what does the mutagenic version do differently?
One molecule has many different properties, depending on what you are looking at.
The effect on estrogen levels is not (directly) related to its mutagenic properties. For example: if a pill is blue, it doesnt mean it cannot be round; it can be both blue and round. The same is true for phyto-estrogens, they can be both mutagenic and anti-estrogenic.
Phyto-estrogens only have a 'balancing effect', if your estrogen levels are too high. But if they are too high, you should take a look at the cause of that...
Are all these vegetables as bad as they sound?
I dont know how bad it sounds to you.
They are not that bad in the sense that they will harm you in a way that you may notice.
However, if you are looking for foods that are most healthy to you, and contain the least harmful substances, you shouldnt eat veggies. If not, then veggies are fine.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Sorry to reply so late.

Thank you for your thought out reply. Everything you say makes sense. Now I was wondering as far as the minerals, I get very thirsty all the time, and I can't afford to keep buying so many fruits or low-mineral water. Would Brita-filtered water be adequate just to rehydrate myself? Or is it better to be thirsty than to drink water that it potentially high in minerals?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Sorry to reply so late.
Now i am sorry for doing the same even worse! :D
I get very thirsty all the time, and I can't afford to keep buying so many fruits or low-mineral water.
Maybe you can drink tap water where you live?
Usually its not too high in minerals.
Would Brita-filtered water be adequate just to rehydrate myself? Or is it better to be thirsty than to drink water that it potentially high in minerals?
If i remember correctly, i think the minerals are filtered out from the Brita water...
But because of that, i would not drink it all the time, as then you may get depleted.
Please try to find out about quality of your tap water.