Why does the egg yolk and oj curdle?

Other than specified below
jjah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Why does the egg yolk and oj curdle?

Post by jjah »

Many times when I drink oj and egg yolk mixed it seems to curdle on my tounge. Does this happen to any one else and does any one know why???

Also, right now I am 5 mo. pregnant and am consuming about 20 yolks a day. Is this to much protien, I don't seem to break out with this amount but I was wandering if it may be broblematic if it is to much protien. I don't eat them all at once; about 4-6 at a time and sometimes 8 thoughout the day.
benzapp

Re: Why does the egg yolk and oj curdle?

Post by benzapp »

jjah wrote:Many times when I drink oj and egg yolk mixed it seems to curdle on my tounge. Does this happen to any one else and does any one know why???

Also, right now I am 5 mo. pregnant and am consuming about 20 yolks a day. Is this to much protien, I don't seem to break out with this amount but I was wandering if it may be broblematic if it is to much protien. I don't eat them all at once; about 4-6 at a time and sometimes 8 thoughout the day.
I think 20 yolks a day is too much, even if you pregnant, but perhaps someone else will chime in...

I don't know quite what you mean by "curdle on your tongue". I've never mixed more than one egg yolk with OJ, so who knows... if you are mixing 20 :shock:
RRM
Administrator

Re: Why does the egg yolk and oj curdle?

Post by RRM »

jjah wrote:Many times when I drink oj and egg yolk mixed it seems to curdle on my tounge. Does this happen to any one else and does any one know why???
Like Ben, I have no idea what you mean...
Also, right now I am 5 mo. pregnant and am consuming about 20 yolks a day. Is this to much protien
Its not that much protein, 70 gram, but only if you dont eat nuts or fish.
So, if you want to eat fish or nuts, you need to eat less yolks.
If you dont eat fish/nuts, 20 yolks is ok.
jjah

Post by jjah »

I don't eat any other protine sorces when I do consume 20 or so yolks in a day. I aslo spred them out over the corse of the day (4 for breakfast, 4 for snack, 4 for lunch, and so on.) I also ballance the sugar fat ratio to the recomended. So I am using the yolks as my main sorce of fat, protien, as well as the Iron and zinc sorce. Yolks seem to me to be the gentlest for digestion as well as the most saticfying.

When I speak of it curdling on the tounge I am saying that after I drink the yolks mixed with OJ (it does'nt happen if I mix in bananas) It will coat my tounge and I can actualy get little curdles of what seems to be the yolk. I know that if one mixes cow's milk with juice that contains acid such as apple, orange, etc. it may cause the milk to curdle. Perhaps the acid in the orange juice does this to the egg yolk, in a way cooking it without heat; such as a maranade would.
I does not happen every time but about half the time; maybe when the orange is more acidic than a perfectly ripe one???
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

jjah wrote:I don't eat any other protine sorces when I do consume 20 or so yolks in a day. I aslo spred them out over the corse of the day (4 for breakfast, 4 for snack, 4 for lunch, and so on.) I also ballance the sugar fat ratio to the recomended. So I am using the yolks as my main sorce of fat, protien, as well as the Iron and zinc sorce. Yolks seem to me to be the gentlest for digestion as well as the most saticfying.
Indeed...
When I speak of it curdling on the tounge I am saying that after I drink the yolks mixed with OJ (it does'nt happen if I mix in bananas) It will coat my tounge and I can actualy get little curdles of what seems to be the yolk.
Ah, I believe thats the split protein due to the enzymes in oj indeed.
I does not happen every time but about half the time; maybe when the orange is more acidic than a perfectly ripe one???
Yes, this is best most pronouncedly examplified by pineapple; if just a little bit unripe the enzymes in it will hurt the skin between your lips.