Eating in the night to fall asleep again?

Other than specified below
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eating in the night to fall asleep again?

Post by fred »

It happens that I wake up during the night (bathroom). Is-there any benefit to eat some non-fiber food, like one teaspoon of honey or sipping some fruit juice ?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Eating in the night

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:It happens that I wake up during the night (bathroom). Is-there any benefit to eat some non-fiber food, like one teaspoon of honey or sipping some fruit juice ?
Yes, because your body does 'not like' to fall asleep when the blood sugar level is low.
The biochemistry of falling asleep (amino acids entering the brain for conversion in neurotransmitters)
benefits from a somewhat higher blood sugar level.
So, yes, some sugar (honey / juice) helps you to fall asleep again..
fred

Post by fred »

Is-it because insulin triggered by sugar "cleans" the blood and thus amino-acids enters the brain ?
Is there any other benefit to eat during the night (glycogen...) ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:Is-it because insulin triggered by sugar "cleans" the blood and thus amino-acids enters the brain ?
Yes, the insulin makes it easier for the amino acids to cross the blood-brain barrier.
Its just a small shift in the uptake ratio, but enough to cause a shift in the receptor activity.
Is there any other benefit to eat during the night (glycogen...) ?
No, not that i know.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm always afraid to eat at night after having brushed my teeth. So if it's midnight and I brushed at 10:00, and I have some sugar, it's like that'll be on my teeth for the next 8 hours.

Should I worry about this or is it really not a big deal?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Not a big deal
ameliaswank

Post by ameliaswank »

wo0ow... i have never thought on these points!!
every night after brushing my teeth i do not eat or drink anything else then water.. and with this information now i can at least have something when my stomach goes on starvation... yuppie that is cool guys...

love ya all