Seaweed

Other than specified below
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Seaweed

Post by Kasper »

WaiDiet wrote: Iodide: Egg yolk, bananas and mango contain sufficient iodide. Seafish contains much more, especially mullet (and seaweed).
RRM wrote: If you dont want to eat seafood, particularly egg yolk, bananas and mango provide you with iodide.
If you are not susceptible to acne, seaweed is also an option. (very tasty in a salad)
Melt wrote: I forgot to mention i eat raw seaweed too. 1 year ago while still on cooked diet i discovered my 1st strand of white hair. Last night i saw the white hair obviously from the same follicle and plucked it out. What surprised me next was the new growth of half the strand was in total BLACK! :lol:

Raw (perhaps seaweed) can turn white hair to black. Ok.. it's a 6months effort. :P
summerwave wrote: I have heard it is the copper in seaweed moreso than its iodine that affects hair color (role of tyrosinase in hair coloration).
I was thinking about adding seaweed to my salads for some more variation.
I suppose it can cause acne because of the salt content, but are there any other reasons not to eat it ? Anti-nutrients etc.

And which sorts of seaweed are the most tasty raw ?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Seaweed

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: are there any other reasons not to eat it ? Anti-nutrients etc.
Basically, seaweed is grass that grows in the sea, so yes, anti-nutrients indeed.
And which sorts of seaweed are the most tasty raw ?
I dont know, but i guess they use the most tasty one in japanese cuisine.