Affordable Wai

Other than specified below
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Affordable Wai

Post by dime »

Hmm not sure about the oranges vs. grapes regarding nastiness, grapes are impossible to peel/wash effectively and they are sprayed to death no matter how organic, as well as more expensive.

Mr. PC have you checked prices of meat? Here it's around same price as fish, ground is even cheeper.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

dime wrote:Hmm not sure about the oranges vs. grapes regarding nastiness, grapes are impossible to peel/wash effectively and they are sprayed to death no matter how organic, as well as more expensive.
You're so damn right! I never eat grapes cause of that, although I love them!
Grape juice tastes wonderfully to me. I think it would taste good with egg yolks, might even try it once just to taste :P

But orange juice tastes really bad with yolks... at least to me.

My current costs are about:

12 free range eggs (yolks) - 3.40€
4 avocados (1kg) - 2€
100g white sugar - 0.10€
1L any fresh fruit homemade juice - around 2€
Total per day/month: 7.50€/225€

I've tough about the multivitamineral too, but besides suspecting the quality of its nutrients being worse than natural foods', I also suspect we need more types/variety of micro-nutrients than the standartly stipulated...
Would make me save a lot of money though...
RRM (if you're reading) what do you think of this?
panacea

Post by panacea »

I put all my grapes, after being washed, through a slow juicer so that the peel along with the majority of the pesticides is removed along with them, and just the juice is left over. Yes the peels are coated ridiculously, but where I live there is no other option.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Correction to my earlier post, I said half of a (multivitamineral) each week, but meant each day.

What doesn't work, panacea, the multivitamin? Or was it because of my above mentioned error?

I can only stomach 6 yolks at a time, and don't want to take them too early in the day as they could be turned to energy. I'm wary of meat because of irradiation (although I did eat a raw steak last night, and felt great today).

sounds like Avocado are also cheap in Spain, Mario. Another reason to move there.
dime

Post by dime »

So what's the problem with irradiation? At least it doesn't make the food radioactive. Doesn't it say if it was irradiated or not?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Just checked, in Canada foods that have been irradiated must be labeled. Treated with Gamma rays/ different kinds of rays. The problem is that it cooks/creates dirty protein.

In Canada, if you're buying pre-made food, and and an irradiated ingredient makes up less than 10% of the total, they don't have to list it. But I never buy anything other than whole foods anyway (I don't think there is anything you can buy pre-made that's wai friendly.)