Too much water?

Other than specified below
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Too much water?

Post by panacea »

I'm trying to figure out about how much water our body needs per day when we are on a 'juice fast'.
On another website about water-fasting, it said that only 2-3 glasses of water are needed for the whole day, since digestion is not needing water during a water fast.

This suggests that the minor processing burden that fruit juices, like orange juice, put on the body would be only a little more of a burden than a water fast.
If you add more than the minimum water (through more OJ consumption) to help digest egg yolks, on a solely eggyolk-pulp free OJ diet, then we would only need about 4-6 glasses a day of OJ, for hydration purposes, I would assume.

But this all rests on the assumption that 2-3 glasses of water is all that's needed - does anyone have any other insight/resources on this point?

so basically - how much fruit juice, assuming minimal level of physical activity, would we need to stay away from dehydration (at all) on a fruitjuice+egg yolk only diet?

(OJ is 88% water)

RRM said in another post he urinates usually twice a day - since he exercises a lot and a lot of water evaporates through sweating. Still, even without this sweating I bet he only urinates 3 times a day. currently I urinate about 6-7 times a day so I'm wondering if I'm drinking too much
dime

Re: Too much water?

Post by dime »

I think easiest is to determine/control is by urine color. Shouldn't be too clear (over-hydration) nor too dark (dehydration). Also important if you ask me is to constantly drink very little water during the day, rather than drink a 1l at once. Sipping OJ during the whole day helps with that I think.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I agree.
panacea wrote:I'm trying to figure out about how much water our body needs per day when we are on a 'juice fast'.
What is a 'juice fast'?
What is the purpose of it?
so basically - how much fruit juice, assuming minimal level of physical activity, would we need to stay away from dehydration (at all) on a fruitjuice+egg yolk only diet?
If you consume enough juice to fulfill your energy needs,
you will ingest enough and not too much water.
currently I urinate about 6-7 times a day so I'm wondering if I'm drinking too much
No, its completely normal.
Its just that a lot of water evaporates through my skin,
which is individually different, of course.
overkees

Post by overkees »

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth ... ermyth.htm

Here they sate that for every 100 calories you should drink around half a cup of water. I wouldn't go for minimums. So if you take 2000 calories a day you should also get around 2L water.

I read somewhere that if you drink more water your body hangs on to less water. So the water retention I have will go away for a great deal. Now remember I'm going for the six pack. So what I did was drinking a lot of water the last 3 days. And I must say my belly is alot flatter than it used to be. Now this motivates me to go for wai 100% for 3 months to see how big a difference it makes (in about a week I will make another attempt). I stll have a lot of water retention because I still eat french fries (with alot of salt).

1L OJ + 35 mL OO (what I add as oil)
Energy...................................752.87kcal
Water....................................923.98ml

So if drinking OJ with oil we are exactly drinking enough water! I hope this solves your questions. Still all evidence seems to point out that humans were fruit eaters after all with the eventual piece of an animal by scavenging or raiding birds nests :D.

However if you add (alot of) sugar in your OJ I would recommend drinking some water occasionally!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote: However if you add (alot of) sugar in your OJ I would recommend drinking some water occasionally!
For what purpose, exactly?
In your link, it says:
netdoctor.co.uk - Watermyth wrote:"Doctors advise that to be on the safe side we should drink at least 1.2 litres of liquids"
I drink more than twice as much.
overkees

Post by overkees »

It depends on how much calories you burn. If you are sedentary you will get 2200 mL of water from food and drinks and 300 from breathing. This number, 2500, is also the average of calories you need in rest. I do not look at the minimums but rather have something more. So 1.2 L is not the number we need, imo.
So if we assume someone is active, one sweats and needs the water for the metabolism, so it could be even more than the caloric intake. Of course your respiration is quicker so you will also get more water from that. But let's just say 1 L per 1000 kcal. Like in the link above: half a cup for every 100 calories you burn.

Then we need 3 L of water, if we eat 3000 kcal. Now I posted the example of 1L OJ + 35 mL OO and then you are on the good side of the balance. However, if we consume 1L OJ + 35 mL OO + 50g sugar. One would need 200 mL more. So we are on the other side of the balance. And I think this side is not optimal.

BUT, one could argue that if you are more active, you will use less OO. So, the added sugar is much less energy dense than the OO. For example, if you consume 3L OO + 50mL OO + 200 g sugar you will get:
Energy..................................2628.65kcal
Water...................................2772.00ml

And are on the good side of the balance. So, in conclusion: on the wai diet you just need to be careful that if you add sugar you should also lessen with the oil when considering optimal water intake. But still it's hard to be too much on the wrong side of the balance. So I would stop worrying too much about water, but if really firsty have a glass water instead of orange juice loaded with sugar.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Then we need 3 L of water, if we eat 3000 kcal.
I dont think there is such a linear requirement.
The body is extremely adaptive regarding the use of and discarding water.
And that ruins any reliable calculation.
if really firsty have a glass water instead of orange juice loaded with sugar.
It may be thirst for energy or thirst for water. Your body will tell you which one it needs.
Only when its really hot in the summer, my body sometimes wants a little extra water.