Importance of low fat?

Other than specified below
vanaalc
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Importance of low fat?

Post by vanaalc »

In Douglas Graham's book 80 10 10, he says that low fat helps maintain blood sugar levels because with less fat in the bloodstream, there's nothing blocking the insulin receptors and the glucose can access the cells easily. I know personally that when I eat fatty foods and sugars afterward, I crash. I was wondering, has anyone else read this book and what are your opinions on macro nutrient ratios?
panacea

Re: Importance of low fat?

Post by panacea »

I'm not knowledgeable on these things but this website http://www.drmirkin.com/public/ezine041711.html suggests that being obese - having a lot of fat cells, causes secretion of hormones which block insulin receptors.. which would mean that eating a fatty meal doesn't have anything to do with blocking insulin receptors.. furthermore, eating fat doesn't have anything to do with getting fat - total energy you take in is the most straightforward factor for putting on fat or losing it..
RRM
Administrator

Re: Importance of low fat?

Post by RRM »

As panacea said, the link is between relative insulin resistance and obesity.
An important factor in both is the contineous uptake of energy beyond energy needs.
And yes, you can gain and lose weight on any diet.
vanaalc wrote:with less fat in the bloodstream, there's nothing blocking the insulin receptors
Just imagine the bloodstream as a big pool, filled with lots of water,
and in that water, there are many, many different nutrients, hormones, transportmolecules,
repairproteins etc etc.
How can the fatty acids, between those overwhelming numbers of other molecules in your blood,
block the insulin receptors?
Fatty acids have no affinity for insulin receptors.
and the glucose can access the cells easily.
If the glucose cannot access your cells easily, you will faint,
and eventually die.
On a low fat (high glucose) diet you will feel more energetic because
your energy supply is mainly based on glucose, which stimulates adrenaline secretion.
I know personally that when I eat fatty foods and sugars afterward, I crash.
In what way, exactly?
what are your opinions on macro nutrient ratios?
Your body is very capable in adapting to very different ratios,
regardless of whether its high protein, high fat or high sugar.
In comparison, there is only one thing it cannot adapt to; having to process extra nitrogen
on a high protein diet (protein always contains nitrogen, unlike sugars and fats).
Therefore, only sugars and fats are optimal for supplying the bulk of energy.