Sample diet and green tea? honey? freshness of eggs?

Other than specified below
Ben
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sample diet and green tea? honey? freshness of eggs?

Post by Ben »

Hey, I'm new to this forum and am planning to try out the acne sample diet but first I would like to ask a few questions. Firstly while I am on the diet can I drink green tea? Also is eating honey all right, as I found it gives me a good energy boost. Finally could someone please explain to me how to tell me how fresh an egg is? Any help would be appreciated.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hi, Ben. Welcome to the forum :D

Green tea is unfortunately a no-go because there is some dirty protein. Here is a link with Wai answering about coffee/tea...
http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum1/000086.html
I believe that the caffeine may also have an affect on the water level in the skin, which could cause acne, but I'm not sure where I may have read that. Perhaps after the Sample Diet you could test it out to see if it worsens your skin. Honey is great, as long as it is raw honey and that you balance the sugars with fats to keep your blood-sugar level stable. Here is a link to the page about checking your eggs for freshness:
http://www.waisays.com/eggs.htm

Congratulations on trying Wai's diet, Ben - it can work virtual miracles for many! :) I hope it works out for you.

~Amber
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks for the info, it's lucky I asked otherwise I would have assumed it would be fine. :?
Also I have two final questions. After I have finished the diet will I be able to eat cooked meat like, chicken, pork and bacon,etc. or will that cause my skin to worsen again.
Secondly to rebalance my blood sugar levels what would you reccomend. A teaspoon of olive oil?
nick

Post by nick »

Ben wrote:After I have finished the diet will I be able to eat cooked meat like, chicken, pork and bacon,etc. or will that cause my skin to worsen again.
That depends! After your skin is clear, you can experiment with different foods not on the diet and see how it affects your skin. Cooked meat, chicken and pork is the worst regarding 'dirty' protein, so these would probably cause you break out again. But maybe, you can eat some every few days and not break out. The key is to follow the strict diet and get clear then you can see what does what.

Also, I find that the sashimi is better than any cooked meat I have ever had.

Secondly to rebalance my blood sugar levels what would you reccomend. A teaspoon of olive oil?
It depends how much fruit you eat. Wai recommends for every two grams of sugar you need 1 gram of fat. So 50 grams of sugar in some OJ needs 25 grams of fat from some olive oil. But look through the old Q&A forum and read through the book for more info on this.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am finally ready to start the diet. I will tell you how it goes.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Regarding honey, how might we tell if the honey is truly raw?

The products I purchase in supermarkets here do not have a great deal of information on the label.

Thank you,
James
x
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The key is for the label to state the words "unheated."
"Raw" does not necessarily mean the same to the FDA as it does to us, as they can very well heat the honey as high as 160 degrees.

Try ordering from www.livingtreecommunity.com or you can purchase some unheated honey from high-end healthfood stores such as Whole Foods.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Yes, I would agree that a health food store would be the best if not only place (plus the internet) to purchase raw honey. Another place to buy truly raw honey online is http://www.reallyrawhoney.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc - they ship for free in the US.

~Amber
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Thank you for the information folks.

Unfortunately, I do not live in the US, and am rather against the idea of importing food such great distances for personal benefit (food miles etc.)

Take care,
James
x
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I am also concerned about food miles, James, but sometimes we have to make concessions to be able to get the right food that will nourish us. This diet is already low-impact and humane, and the people out there (even those calling themselves 'ethical eaters' because they are vegetarian or vegan) who collectively consume such massive quantities of global monocrop grains (eg wheat, rice, etc) have a far greater ecological impact than those who eat fruits, egg yolks, nuts. Those grains require enormous patches of land on which to be grown and their cultivation by default puts global biodiversity in jeopardy. So if we have to weigh up the relatively low impact of Wai's way versus the larger impact of the standard 'healthy' diet (high-grain, low-fat, some processed foods) then perhaps importing a bit of decent, raw, nourishing honey can be justified?

Anyway, I have another question - what about 'set' honey that you can buy in supermarkets here in the UK? Anyone know whether this stuff is raw or not?
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Yes, excellent point CurlyGirl!

Cheers,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well stated indeed! I wonder, do you have any idea what the ecological consequences (if any) would be when we would all eat according to Wai?
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

It also seems that the shipment would simply go with all of the other packages and mail going to wherever you live, too - so perhaps there would be no more impact than that which would already be done, except going from the mail carrier to your home. I like to buy locally wherever I am able to, as well. There must be a wonderful honey manufacturer in your country somewhere, though - most likely it's a matter of doing a lot of searching.

~Amber
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Oscar,

I can only imagine what the ecological consequences might be if the Wai diet were globally adopted, and they don't look bad at all. Indeed, small-scale mixed farming, promoting biodiversity, has been proven to be far more productive (in terms of yield per acre) than monocropping. (See Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture for more on this, and check out the website www.fatalharvest.org) Many small-scale farmers (now devoted to growing useless - for Wai devotees - things like wheat, rice, lettuce, maize, squash, beans, etc) could shift their production toward a variety of 'heirloom' (i.e. older strains of non-GM) fruit trees. They could also foster the development of all sorts of vital mini ecosystems to develop around and between the trees, which will help encourage insects (especially ladybugs) to prey on pests that damage the fruit trees. Birds could be kept at bay using old-fashioned methods (like netting, scarecrows, etc). Also, if we keep buying brazil nuts and thereby support the market, we help to preserve the Amazonian rain forest. The local people are employed to grow and harvest the nuts, and since the nuts don't grow outside of Brazil - I think - the land on which the nut trees grow, which also supports all sorts of animals and insects, is precious and will be protected by the government (even if it is just for economic reasons, rather than the inherent value of the rain forest which requires no justification, in my opinion).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, I'm all for that then. ;) Mixed farming, global logistics, less transport, more efficiency, save the rainforest! :)