Farm raised salmon?

Other than specified below
Kat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Farm raised salmon?

Post by Kat »

The only sushi grade fish I can find has all been farmed. Whole Foods, central market, Asian grocers, and asked our local sushi restaurant about there supplier and it's all farmed too.
I've been using farmed salmon, since I juice all day when I eat fish it's raw and 8 oz. am I hurting myself by eating farmed salmon?

I bought wild salmon too, freshest they had (came in that day but frozen prior for shipping) . I tried both from central market and Whole Foods and the wild tasted so "fishy" when raw so I cooked it for my family instead.

Farmed salmon Is it safe to eat daily?
Emeira

Re: Farm raised salmon?

Post by Emeira »

I personally no longer eat it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E
Mackerel is better choice
Kat

Post by Kat »

Emeira wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2017 15:31 I personally no longer eat it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E
Mackerel is better choice
Have you found mackerel that doesn't taste fishy?
Maybe you get yours at a nation wide store chain?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

here where I live there is no good quality fish too ... I eat mackerel only occasionally (slow cooked), tastes depends on how fresh fish was before freezing it. I think it is a better choice than farmed salmon anyway. Mainly I try to stick to good quality egg yolks (ducks, chickens or turkeys, cage-free, organic). P.s duck egg yolks are double size than chickens eggs and taste better too :)
Kat

Post by Kat »

Emeira wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2017 20:11 here where I live there is no good quality fish too ... I eat mackerel only occasionally (slow cooked), tastes depends on how fresh fish was before freezing it. I think it is a better choice than farmed salmon anyway. Mainly I try to stick to good quality egg yolks (ducks, chickens or turkeys, cage-free, organic). P.s duck egg yolks are double size than chickens eggs and taste better too :)
Really, slow cooked, how's the digestion compared to raw fish then?
I do warrior like (juices for day, 1 satiating meal at night) so I need more protein than on usual wai style of eating. How satisfying do you find just egg yolks? They are pretty low in protein aren't they?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Really, slow cooked, how's the digestion compared to raw fish then?
becouse I had gastritis / h. pylori in the past high fat foods was a problem to digest, atm. after treatment situation is much better, but probably raw fish is easiar to digest, just slow cooked taste much better and I put it in to oven only for ~20min 60-70C
How satisfying do you find just egg yolks? They are pretty low in protein aren't they?
It depends on how much egg yolks you'll eat, sometimes 4 yolks is enought for me, but sometimes I want much more animal food: 200g of raw beef + 2yolks or 200g mackerel + 2 yolks. Daily meniu dipends on what I crave that day. I am more on a wai regular diet, fasting time only for 14hours
Kat

Post by Kat »

Ah I see, thank you that helps.
I'm still experimenting, I'm sure if I felt best eating small meals this would be way (wai😜) easy but I feel best still on juices until evening and as much as I wish it weren't so lots of fruit (sweet it nonsweet) in a small window is not pleasant esp for sleep hours later.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2017 01:04 the wild tasted so "fishy" when raw
Wild salmon is usually frozen. Just let it thaw in warm water (you should be able to keep your hand in the water without hurting) and it will not taste fishy.
Farmed salmon Is it safe to eat daily?
It is cheaper for fish farmers to feed the fish with low grade, recycled ingredients.
If i eat farmed salmon regularly, i cannot tolerate it (makes me feel nauseous).
So, im guessing its not all good
Kat wrote: Mon 17 Jul 2017 16:56 lots of fruit (sweet it nonsweet) in a small window is not pleasant esp for sleep hours later.
Unless you drink their sieved juices only (hardly any fiber)
Kat

Post by Kat »

RRM wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2017 17:27
Kat wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2017 01:04 the wild tasted so "fishy" when raw
Wild salmon is usually frozen. Just let it thaw in warm water (you should be able to keep your hand in the water without hurting) and it will not taste fishy.

Maybe it's where we live, Texas, all the "wild" salmon is frozen and either sold by companies still frozen or at the meat/seafood counter thawed but previously frozen for shipping ...but they all are fishy with the exception of what sold as sushi grade and that is farm raised Atlantic :-/. I've asked different men behind the seafood counter and they suggest not eating the wild raw :-/.
Like I said it may be bc we don't live near the sea.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2017 00:17 Maybe it's where we live, Texas, all the "wild" salmon is frozen
That is not a problem.
That's perfect.
I've asked different men behind the seafood counter and they suggest not eating the wild raw :-/.
Of course they do.
People will also tell you not to eat raw egg yolks.
But that is not important.
I have 4 young kids, aged 1 to 5 years old.
Like me, they all love raw salmon (thawn frozen wild salmon)
None of us ever got sick.
They all also got raw egg yolks from the age of 6 months old.