The World's Healthiest Foods List

Other than specified below
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The World's Healthiest Foods List

Post by avalon »

What a wonderful not-for-profit site this is. This particular page lists among fruits, other food-thingys as well, but lists nutritional qualities of many foods and has a terrific one on egg yolks!

I only today started looking at the list because I've been thinking of switching cucumber with something else, for diversity.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

best wishe to all,

Avalon
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course, "World's Healthiest Food" is in our view a bad choice of words, as it should have been "World's most-nutrient dense Foods"

("Healthy" is very different from "nutrient dense", as the amount of toxins a food contains is very much important regarding your health, while totally disregarded here)
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Agree RRM.
They do include 'nutrient dense' in their criteria but as a relationship to the caloric content. They also do not consider cooking vs raw.

BTW I see NO fats (in the form of Olive oil say) on this site... BEWARE!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I agree (with beware)

acording to this site milk, soy, and wheat are some of the healthiest things to eat

they do mention olive oil in criterion # 3

"3. The World's Healthiest Foods are Familiar Foods

The World's Healthiest Foods are common "everyday" foods. These include the fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, lean meats, fish, olive oil, herbs and spices that are familiar to most people. "
avalon

Post by avalon »

BEWARE sounds harsh to me. There is good easy to understand information on the site when comparing certain foods.
acording to this site milk, soy, and wheat are some of the healthiest things to eat

According to Aajonus Vonderplanitz, raw dairy- raw milk is good. There are still many believing soy is good. Even wheat. I don't believe soy or wheat are good (except tempeh and natto) for us as living beings but this news is still getting out. I'm uncertain how I feel about raw dairy. I do include raw cheese in my diet and someday maybe I'll exclude it. Also there's a lot of cooking on the site which I now, don't agree with. But there is good there as well. It might even be a bridge for someone who's been struggling with S.A.D. and is looking to start new. This then could lead to an all raw diet.

Nutritional news has been breaking since before Socrates, Davinci and even then people still don't care enough to change their ways. Is this a Human flaw?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:
...people still don't care enough to change their ways. Is this a Human flaw?
I guess it wasn't until fairly recently that we know we're addicted to certain chemical compounds in our food. If you don't know you're addicted, why would you ever want to get off the addiction? Not to mention that once you're aware of the possibility, you have to believe and accept it, and convince yourself to take the trouble to kick the 'habit'. :?
I don't think this is a human flaw, myself. :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good morning! I Don't know how I quoted myself heh heh :D

Oscar, yes 'Addiction', in the vernacular of Inspector Gaget, is a- 'WOWSER!' With addiction as a consideration, you are so very right.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:D