Baddies

Other than specified below
Masamune_two
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Baddies

Post by Masamune_two »

Just reading this article and I don't think the wai way would go down to well with this person she says the top three 'healthy' foods to avoid are olive oil, honey and fruit juice.

http://www.tescodiets.com/b2b/msndiet/a ... ode=410600

ANd before I get bashed I am an on an off wai dieter :roll: so I don't agree wit dis. :D

Its for very basic reasons as well like the amount of calories :!: ( actualli i think thats the only reason she bases it on).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Masamune_two wrote:Its for very basic reasons as well like the amount of calories :!: ( actualli i think thats the only reason she bases it on).
Yep, and when you're concerned about your weight (and on a SAD), that is important.
...olive oil is still … oil.
Correct! ;)
[Honey]may be natural, but it's still sugar.
Correct! ;)
Orange juice. Apple juice. Cranberry juice. [...] It takes less than a minute for most people to drink 150 calories.
Correct! ;)
andyville

Post by andyville »

Hahaha, good points Oscar. :D
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

Hey Oscar , I agree with all that; I just think its a shame because its a step in the wrong direction whether it be for the right reasons or not (Cos that article was like in yesterdays msn headlines).

Why I'm saying this is cos my family refuse to believe nething other than what they've been brought up with so there is a minimal amount of fruit in my house -.-. I had to get a part-time job to sustain the diet which is annoying 8) The part-time job causes an awful lot of disruption in regards to skool (I'm only 17) and the reason I'm doin it is to keep this diet up - which, I can't last a over a fortnight on neway cos everyone else is eating cooked food in my house at dinner :cry:

Neway, keep up the good work guys.

Thanx :D
Agent

Post by Agent »

I am very sympathetic to you. I have or have had similar problems. Most people in general just don't understand food or refuse to take an interest or think that if you don't eat your meat and two veg every night you'll keel over dead. Annoying, yes.

As is having to get a job, that sucks. It is expensive, this diet. It's a shame that shit food is so cheap yet what we're truly supposed to eat (fruit) is so expensive. Bummer...

Well, good luck.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hey Masamune, I'm sorry to hear about your food troubles. A small consolation is you're starting at a young age, so you can enjoy a long healthy life. :)

I actually wonder what the difference between diets is in money spent. We do eat more fruit, but less in total. Maybe in the end they amount to the same? I'm not referring to your case of course, where normally the family would pay for the total amount of food.
Agent

Post by Agent »

In my case, the Wai diet is much more expensive than the Standard Scottish Diet. Maybe it depends where you live, fruit/nuts/fish/eggs I'm sure will be more readily available and less expensive in other parts of the UK and the world.

Rice, bread, oats, dairy etc.... All dirt cheap and high calorie. More calories per GBP (£) than fruit :(
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

Woah - You guys are fast :shock: Neways...
Agent wrote:It's a shame that shit food is so cheap yet what we're truly supposed to eat (fruit) is so expensive. Bummer...

In my case, the Wai diet is much more expensive than the Standard Scottish Diet. Maybe it depends where you live, fruit/nuts/fish/eggs I'm sure will be more readily available and less expensive in other parts of the UK and the world.

Rice, bread, oats, dairy etc.... All dirt cheap and high calorie. More calories per GBP (£) than fruit Sad
:cry: it is EXACTLY the same over here (I live in NI) I may be going to Scotland for Uni so its not great to here its exactly the same over there. Even though I may end up with my own budget for food from themons I'll prob have to have a job neway to pay for general living expenses neway.

Gd luck to ya! Its bittersweet to hear that ppl r going through the same situation as myself.
Oscar wrote: Hey Masamune, I'm sorry to hear about your food troubles. A small consolation is you're starting at a young age, so you can enjoy a long healthy life. Smile

I actually wonder what the difference between diets is in money spent. We do eat more fruit, but less in total. Maybe in the end they amount to the same? I'm not referring to your case of course, where normally the family would pay for the total amount of food.
Awk thx Oscar :D - I'll be looking at it that way from now on (and btw I am far, far taller than my dad (and any family member) if thats further proof for the height theory? lol

Oh and I think your second comment would be especially in favour of SAD/SBD etc. being more expensive, concerning fast food junkies: for a couple of starters and a large pizza (from the bad ol' days) ur talkin' 20 quid - think of how many banana's you could buy with 20 quid (3 quid goes for the olive oil of course) (and lol yes I work in fortress of temptation known as Domino's Pizza. At time I just feel like throwing an apple at the customers :evil: or even better a large melon :twisted:

Neway thx for ur support guys!! How are u's currently doin in regards to ur diet?
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

me wrote:(and btw I am far, far taller than my dad (and any family member) if thats further proof for the height theory? lol
Oh and btw this was just a random thought that popped into my head - noffin to do with the post :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, also because people on a 'normal' diet seem to need much more in pure quantity of food.

The height issue is interesting. How long have you been eating Wai-like?

I'm doing excellent on the diet, in my 11th month of Wai, of which 7 are on the 100% diet. :)
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

The height issue is interesting. How long have you been eating Wai-like?
Lemme think - It was when i developed acne in the summer leading into 3rd yr so I am just past my 3rd yr anniversary wooo.

I'm doing excellent on the diet, in my 11th month of Wai, of which 7 are on the 100% diet. :)
:o And i fervently congratulate u! - can I ask where your unwavering self-discipline comes from (-100% for 7 months :shock: ? have u developed it over the yrs like a muscle? or did u just have enuff of this world and go "THATS IT!" :x how did u do it? :D Like my last 2 yrs have been very gd (by my standards) but thats amazin! well done keep up the gd work :o
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah, so the diet might indeed have had its influence on your growth! Interesting. :)

Thanks! There're two things about discipline I think. First, the closer you get/are to 100% the greater (relatively) the cravings for munchfoods are. Once 100% it gets easier and easier. Second, to me discipline isn't about controlling yourself by making sure you don't do certain things, but by giving yourself complete freedom of choice, without judgemental values attached. This way the actual choice becomes a simple one, and easy to keep.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

By the way masanmune_2,
did you know RRM works as main waiter in a restaurant?... So dominos pizza's not so bad! :wink:

Did you feel/see yourself growing faster since you started the diet?

I agree with Oscar about the discipline thing. I've been 100% for the last 4 or 5 months (I think) except for some strange random cravings that pop up maybe once a month. Sometimes I let them go. Sometimes I just eat what it is I want and get on with 100%... It's funny because I still crave but once I taste waht it is, it's not good anymore. So now it's completly a mental thing.
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

100% then :D thx u 2 for sharing ur exp.

----------------------

LOL RRM is such an inspiration reli - the restaurant thing just reinforces it.

Post by anoushka »

RRM you work in a restaurant??!?!
OMG HOW do you do it?
amazing. absolutely amazing.