Baddies

Other than specified below
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

anoushka wrote:RRM you work in a restaurant??!?!
OMG HOW do you do it?
Ehrr :? what do you mean?
Its just work... I love it because its about people; trying to make them feel comfortable and well served.
amazing. absolutely amazing.
Do you mean me bringing them all kinds of cooked foods all the time, with all the different flavours?
Well, its actually not any extra tempting.
I think all of us have to go through the entire process of recognizing what feels good to the body (once you are on this diet) and what doesnt (if occasionally eat some cooked food) and therefore feeling less tempted after every time this happens. We all have to face commercials about cooked foods, coworkers eating cooked foods, family and friends eating cooked foods and so on. So, even on work (or school) we all have to face the temptations of cooked foods.
We all go through this process, and we all learn.
Thats why those foods have by now lost their attraction.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I feel the same way. If I am not running a calorie deficit I have not problem being around cooked food and/or junk food.

If I am really hungry then any food makes me want to eat.[/i]
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that after a while without them, cooked foods lose all attractiveness, except maybe to look at artfully made up plates. It doesn't appeal to me anymore, not even when hungry.
avo

Post by avo »

I feel exactly the same way. I work around food, it's nice to watch it being prepared and the wonderful aromas... but that's about it. I don't know what it is, but after being 100% raw vegan for 2 years a while ago, this is pretty simple. I completely enjoy every aspect of this diet food-wise (besides yolks at the moment), and I wouldn't rather have anything else.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

wow, I've never felt that way

A donut shop always smells like something I want to stop at and have coffee and donuts.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

When was the last time you ate anything cooked, John?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I have been taking my salmon out of the fridge and putting it into a glass of really hot water (200 F or so) for 1 minute. Maybe once a week or so I eat steamed broccoli with my wife.

Once a week or so I have a spoonful of peanut butter with a chopped apple.

What do you think is the worst culprit? My goal is to keep my weight down, stay healthy, and have a lot of energy. I have no acne.

I've always been thin my whole life, but over the last 5-10 years or so, I gained about 15 lbs. Over the last year or so, I've got my weight back down and now know I can't eat like I used to and stay thin.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Since you're still eating cooked foods you will still be addicted, and so the donuts will still be attractive to you. That is one of the consequences.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its true. It has been well established that this goes for any addictive substance; you keep 'your habit' alive even by taking the smallest amounts.
Alcoholics, for example, cannot go back to drinking just a little.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I just spent some time review the wai book and wanted to make sure I'm understanding things right.

I've forgot that beta-carbolines are addictive, too. I thought they were just toxic and that the addictive part of foods where only opioid peptides. I thought if you had a raw food that wasn't addictive and cooked it, it would only add toxins not make it addictive.

So cooked salmon stimulates appitite. I didn't know that until now.

So if you are looking to prevent weight gain it is a lot easier if you have zero cooked protenacious munch foods, right?

Many times I've been eating roasted sunflower seeds over raw, thinking it wasn't ideal, but at least it wasn't addictive.

Oscar, being that you don't feel any temptation when near cooking donut smells, do you eat %100 raw food?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're right on all accounts, John. :)

Yes, I eat 100% raw Wai.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

wow, I was a bit off then... I'm really glad this thread came up or I would have been living in ignorance thinking I was doing the best thing (bliss?, I don't think so) untill I finally re-read the book at realized what was going on.

Now, if fully makes sense to me why french fries are better than cooked salmon, as a much food.

So, Oscar, you don't eat any muchfoods?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've been eating 100% for 15 months or so. It makes a huge difference with 99.9%.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote: I think all of us have to go through the entire process of recognizing what feels good to the body (once you are on this diet) and what doesnt
I'm quite speechless about how happy, joyous i am to have this ablity now.

Pre-Wai i had horrible mood swings. Now i'm on this diet i feel amazing all of the time. My body gets the optimum amount of energy all the time.

Makes me so happy :D
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear! :D