demineralized water

Other than specified below
haraldsmith
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

demineralized water

Post by haraldsmith »

is demineralized water the same, or better than low mineral water?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Demineralized water actually distracts minerals from your body, which is not something you want when you are on this diet. Natural low mineral water will not interfere with your mineral balance, so yes, you should take low mineral water, and not demineralized (or high mineral) water.
haraldsmith

Post by haraldsmith »

ok.. but how about for using on the skin, if you had to choose between demineralized water or high mineral water, which one would be better?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

For the skin demineralized water is perfect.
slea

Distilled water?

Post by slea »

RRM,

So, demineralized, is it the same as distilled? Where did you get that info? A friend of mine said that any water that is not distilled allows hard minerals to absorb into the bodys organs and cause things like cacifications and kidney stones and such. He said the perfect water should come from fruits. And if that is not available distilled should be drank. What do you think of this?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Distilled water?

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:So, demineralized, is it the same as distilled? Where did you get that info?
I didnt say that.
If the water is demineralized, then the minerals have been taken out, I presume. That doesnt say anything about the method used, but it may be distilled.
A friend of mine said that any water that is not distilled allows hard minerals to absorb into the bodys organs and cause things like cacifications and kidney stones and such.
That is only true if the water (still) contains too much of specific minerals.
There is also perfectly natural water that by nature never contains too much of any mineral.
He said the perfect water should come from fruits.
THE perfect water does not exist, in as much that THE perfect fruit does not exist. Mineral levels greatly vary in different fruits. What is essential that it doesnt contain too much. The same is true for water. If it doesnt contain too much of any minerals, its perfectly ok.
And if that is not available distilled should be drank. What do you think of this?
Too little is also not good when you are on this diet, because the diet supplies you with what you need, but water that doesnt contain any minerals will drain minerals from your body.
slea

Post by slea »

How does it drain the minerals out of your body? I'm pretty sure distilled water is mineral free. That is all I have been drinking since the water where I live is high in arsenic and I don't know how much toxins are being removed from my water filter in my refridgerator. I've read stories where the water is really contaminated with a lot of drugs from people using them and wastes being put into the sewar system. Yikes!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:How does it drain the minerals out of your body? I'm pretty sure distilled water is mineral free.
That is the whole point. Because its totally mineral free, it will drain some minerals from the body, as in our body there are no fluids without any minerals. So, after having taken up the water, it will be mixed with minerals inside the body. Those minerals get lost by urinating that water.
slea

Post by slea »

What if I mix it with fruit juice? Will that help? That is how I usually drink it anyway. Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mixing doesnt make any difference, as it is about how much you drink of it in total.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:Demineralized water actually distracts minerals from your body
I have read this and have also read that this is not so. I'm confused on this. I drink reverse osmosis water that is pretty much mineral free. I believe that your body doesn't get minerals from water but from food due to the fact that the minerals in water are inoranic or lacking carbon atoms. I currently believe that while pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure. If I'm wrong I'd like to know.

Do you have any references to studies or research on this?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I believe that your body doesn't get minerals from water but from food due to the fact that the minerals in water are inoranic or lacking carbon atoms.
That is not the point.
The point is that this water WILL contain minerals once it leaves your body.
it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure.
It 'leaches' minerals from somewhere from your body.
Do you have any references to studies or research on this?
The key questions are:
1) How much of each mineral does it contain when it enters the body.
2) How much of each mineral does it contain when it leaves the body.
Then compare the both.
slea

Post by slea »

How about the minerals from the other foods/juices being eaten/drank? Couldn't it be from them? Wouldn't you only be able to tell if all you were consuming is the mineral free water?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:How about the minerals from the other foods/juices being eaten/drank? Couldn't it be from them?
Sure, but then you need more from foods just to make up for the loss from that water.
Of course, if its certain that you ingest plenty of all minerals, then it wouldnt be a problem to consume some of that water.
Wouldn't you only be able to tell if all you were consuming is the mineral free water?
The question is: is that water 'neutral' (like low-mineral waters), 'a burden' (like high mineral waters) or 'leaching' (if it contains no or too little minerals).
If you would only drink water, you would only be draining yourself.
avalon

Post by avalon »

This is a really tough topic which I've been struggling with.

The debate is who do you believe. I came to believe myself that Distilled was the best choice... And I've been drinking it for several months... but now I'm not so sure. I seemed to be losing hair more than normal and on a whim I googled hair loss and distilled water and came up with these:

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/di ... ater_2.htm

and:

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/di ... _water.htm

And I went back to filtered water, which for the moment is the best I can do. I like Dr. Mercola even though he sells things on his site and until someone else comes up with something else, better safe than sorry.

Avalon :)