photos

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by nick »

There is a post in the General Discussion where RRM says that during her modeling years she mostly ate fruits and sushi and she had met another model who ate mostly fruits and raw seafood and she had really clear skin.

So...that is Wai in the picture.

The idea of "raw" was a key factor in their food research.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That's indeed Wai in that picture; she was a professional model for quite some years. There are many incredibly beautiful pictures of her, but she chose this one for publication, as it, as she put it, is the most 'anonymous' one.
nick wrote:There is a post in the General Discussion where RRM says that during her modeling years she mostly ate fruits and sushi and she had met another model who ate mostly fruits and raw seafood and she had really clear skin.
Actually, Wai always was 'a difficult eater' in the sense that already as a child she refused to eat most 'normal' food, and mainly ate fruits.
As a model she mostly ate fruits and sushi, with some occasional chocolate-chip cookies.
Before I met Wai, I had been doing many diet-experiments, and had found that proteins (and hot spices) played a major role in acne (so I ate loads of fruits, to minimize protein intake), but it never crossed my mind that it could have something to do with cooking. Instead I believed acne might be partially attributed to the failing digestion of all dietary proteins into single amino acids.
When I met Wai in '94, we discussed the role of proteins in acne, and she told me about that woman (a visagist, I believe) who for a period of a few weeks only ate fruits and lots of raw seafoods, which totally cleared her skin.
This, of course, was a major eyeopener...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Ah, it's interesting to get a sense of how you two first began your research on diet and the skin.

I also read on the old acne board that Wai moved back to the Netherlands at one point (after modelling?) to help her sick and overweight mother, and Wai then adapted her diet toward a more 'mainstream' way of eating, and promptly developed acne. So she went back to her fruit and sushi diet, and it cleared her skin up. Apparently Wai's mother is also now in perfect health and no longer overweight.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Unfortunately Wai's mother is not healthy at all. Although she eats more fruits than she used to do, she has a very strong preference for eating cooked meat, which doesnt do her any good...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

.....Ooops :oops:

Assumption/presumption is the mother of all troubles...?

Thanks for clearing that up for me, RRM. Sorry to hear about Wai's mother, though. All those nasty addictive substances in the meat, eh?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay, here's a picture of me before the 30+ pounds. The file says it was from 2001 but I think more like 2000. If it was 2000, I was 43. A lot of food and wine later. OY!

Next month when I reach my set-weight I'll take another. Will be 50 in December!

Panther Woman!

avalon

Post by avalon »

DOHHH!

Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Avalon,

Looking hot over there! Since we don't see the +30 pound picture, maybe it's for all the better. We believe your word.

Thank you.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hey nice pic! :) Did you just have a fight? Because of your torn shirt I mean... ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I was Bartending, it was Halloween :D

I was thinner and feeling sexy :twisted:
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

wow!

abs like that at 43 :shock:

I pictured you as a very dark brunette. I'm really surprised you're blonde.
avalon

Post by avalon »

truth be told, ahhh, I'm not brunette. Though the older I get the darker my blonde gets. For a few years I was going lighter, and kinda miss it...

Hope to lose a little more fat by the end of the month. I've been a long time out of control.

So... who's next with the photo? :wink:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0031ac.jpg
Me, late last year.... and yes, my hair is usually curly (it was straightened for the pic)

xxx CG
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well that's me on the left, or in the middle, of the pic, whichever you prefer.
I'm not quite sure who the girl on the right is, but she insisted on being in the picture with me, telling me she's been a fan of me for years, autograph, blah blah blah...
avalon

Post by avalon »

CurlGirl, you are Beautiful!

Oscar, you look much better than that fridge picture with the rat :lol: